Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

22 minutes ago, HYper said:

on A20 b238 , playing this mod with the Rebirth together. works fine.  (just stuff i already mentioned to creator Ragsy, in the auto workbench)

am wondering if theres a tractor repair kit though, search in game didnt show one.

but yes works in a20 to re-confirm. ty!

The tractor is a 'spawn in the world' vehicle or if you want one it is craftable at VM Workbench .. not made a repairable version of it as of yet .

Working on Beta 2.1 at present and doing some more vehicle wrecks and bug fixing a couple of vehicle wreck texture issues   ..... and looking to see what else could be made as a reparable option  in the long term.  

Also Guppy has made a Standalone Trader POI  'add-on'  for  Vehicle Madness as an option via Harmony .  Not released yet as i need to make some changes to vehicle economy stuff .

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

bdubyah or Ragsy 2145

may i please ask you for help? i'm trying to fix mod with MI-17 helicopter, and looks like theres problem with model itself.

Author of that mod included even unityasset within that mod, but i dont know how to export it to make it work again in A20.

i can do xml mods, but when it comes to unity, then i'm lost cause. :D 

Edited by Cronosus (see edit history)

I'm having an issue with the stripper zombies and vehicle madness. i spent all these resources getting a red bmw and they don't seem to want to ever get in. ever. so i sprayed some of that bear testosterone mixed with rotting flesh onto the vehicle. hope it works. wish me luck.

26 minutes ago, Cronosus said:

bdubyah or Ragsy 2145

may i please ask you for help? i'm trying to fix mod with MI-17 helicopter, and looks like theres problem with model itself.

Author of that mod included even unityasset within that mod, but i dont know how to export it to make it work again in A20.

i can do xml mods, but when it comes to unity, then i'm lost cause. :D 

Yeah thats one of ours (Tiger n Ragsy) .. along with the hind  ,  nice of Tiger to ship the unity package i think that must have been an oversight lol . 

Leave it with me and I will update the unity model as soon as i can get time its a gameobject scalle error that has only appeared since A20 . ...same with Hind that should be available again soon .

Regards

Ragsy !! 

Edited by Ragsy 2145
typos (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yeah thats one of ours (Tiger n Ragsy) .. along with the hind  ,  nice of Tiger to ship the unity package i think that must have been and oversight lol . 

Leave it with me and I will update the unity model as soon as i can get time its a gameobject scalle error that has only appeared since A20 . ...same with Hind that should be available again soon .

Regards

Ragsy !! 

thanks a lot, i just send him message in case i manage to fix it, but if you do that then its fine too. i and my friend i play with, we just love Mi-17, so we miss it now.

38 minutes ago, xQueenViperx said:

I have a question about this Mod, Does it collide with the All in one MOD from Bdubs and also it states to make a new game save is this needed even for loading into server? must I start a new for the server. Sorry if its a stupid question new to all the Modding. 

1.  As far as i am aware they do not clash as in Vehicle Madness you can still build Bdubs vehicles as normal and find his vehicle parts in loot.

2. Yes because the mod changes a lot of blocks in the world  ..specifically the car wrecks and adds a few other new blocks  ...so yes you need to start a new game on the server .

Ragsy !!

2 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

1.  As far as i am aware they do not clash as in Vehicle Madness you can still build Bdubs vehicles as normal and find his vehicle parts in loot.

2. Yes because the mod changes a lot of blocks in the world  ..specifically the car wrecks and adds a few other new blocks  ...so yes you need to start a new game on the server .

Ragsy !!

Okay thank you!!! I guess its perfect since im loading a custom world I can start a new save

hey just a suggestion but if you guys are still hoping to add tanks with working turrets would making man operated turrets such as tripod mounted machine guns like a 50cal or even an artillery piece to mount on bases be a good start to test turret mechanics

On 2/5/2022 at 3:33 AM, xQueenViperx said:

Okay thank you!!! I guess its perfect since im loading a custom world I can start a new save

you can also do as me, i changed workstation for crafting bdub vehicles to the one inside this mod, and now i have all in one place. :D

9 hours ago, MikeyUK said:

I run both, how do you combine the workstations?  

in bdub modfolder "Bdubs Vehicles/config" open recipes.xml (textfile), and change all

craft_area="workbench"

into 

craft_area="VMAutoWorkbench"

You also may tweak craft_time to be more fitting for VM, like all "..placeable" to have it 600 and parts (chassis, body, accessories) to be 120, as some values in bdub are not present. you may also tweak some recipes completely, like change required parts, and smallEngine into carEngine etc...

i example have three engines now. smallEngine,carEngine,bigEngine. small is normally used for egnerator,motorcycle and gyro, carengine is for cars, and bigengine is for helicopters

Edited by Cronosus (see edit history)

Hi was testing this out today & got these lines..

Couldn't create a Convex Mesh from source mesh "wheel 3" within the maximum polygons limit (256). The partial hull will be used. Consider simplifying your mesh.

Is that a mesh inssue.. Thanks..

1 hour ago, War3zuk said:

Hi was testing this out today & got these lines..

Couldn't create a Convex Mesh from source mesh "wheel 3" within the maximum polygons limit (256). The partial hull will be used. Consider simplifying your mesh.

Is that a mesh inssue.. Thanks..

You can ignore it ,  I  will track it down and sort that out at some point.

Ragsy !!

thinking about the digger you guys are working on and thankfully giving it extremely high block damage will be the easy part much like the APC block damage but the harvesting will be the tough part. I have high hopes you guys pull it off, if yall do I think a good idea for expansion would be a vehicle whatever one yall choose with a giant drill bit on the front to mine stone and ores.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:58 PM, Cronosus said:

in bdub modfolder "Bdubs Vehicles/config" open recipes.xml (textfile), and change all

craft_area="workbench"

into 

craft_area="VMAutoWorkbench"

You also may tweak craft_time to be more fitting for VM, like all "..placeable" to have it 600 and parts (chassis, body, accessories) to be 120, as some values in bdub are not present. you may also tweak some recipes completely, like change required parts, and smallEngine into carEngine etc...

i example have three engines now. smallEngine,carEngine,bigEngine. small is normally used for egnerator,motorcycle and gyro, carengine is for cars, and bigengine is for helicopters

Would love a copy of your XML :D

Just wanted to say, been playing with this mod for just shy of a month and it's made my games a LOT more fun. I'm always excited to see what randomly gets generated and where. That feel, starting out a new game, and frantically trying to find a working vehicle -- it's amazing. Thank you so much to this team for making my games a lot more exciting.

are oil removed from the cars, real low or just non existant in the mod? i seem to keep getting carborators and such but oil is like 2 every 5-6 cars i wrench.

edit:

i wrench vanilla ambulance and i get all the usual items: gas, oil, etc. but the vehicle mod vehicles doesn't give gas or oil i'm noticing, if it does, it's been trimmed down by a lot.  can this be corrected or can i even change it myself (if its not what everyone wants).  thanks !

Edited by HYper (see edit history)

On 1/21/2022 at 12:05 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

I have pushed the update for the recipes to gitlab ...   or you can unzip this zip file and simply just drop this new recipe file into the Config folder.   No restart is required for this fix ..

https://poweredgamedev.co.uk/VehicleMadnessA20/recipes.zip

I'm getting a 404 on that link...

I also tried getting a ratchet set from the cheat menu and couldn't find it.

40 minutes ago, RobWed said:

I'm getting a 404 on that link...

I also tried getting a ratchet set from the cheat menu and couldn't find it.

I think the main version was updated since that patch so you should have it.

This is the XML in the recipes.xml file.

<recipe name="VMToolRachetSet" count="1" craft_time="15" craft_area="workbench" tags="workbenchCrafting">
    <ingredient name="resourceForgedIron" count="2"/>
    <ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="2"/>
    <ingredient name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="10"/>
    <ingredient name="resourceOil" count="1"/>
</recipe>

Maybe you were spelling it in a different way, in this mod its "Rachet" not "Ratchet".  I think "Ratchet" is the correct way but it seems the non "t" version is used too though less commonly.

Loot table is as follows, I don't know enough to say how rare that makes it!

<append xpath="//lootcontainer[@name='airDrop']">
    <item name="VMToolRachetSet" count="1,2" prob="0.42" force_prob="true"/>
    <item name="VMToolCompressor" count="1" prob="0.23" force_prob="true"/>
    <item name="CarFootpump" count="1" prob="0.23" force_prob="true"/>
</append>
<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupAutomotive']">
    <item name="WireCutters" count="1,2" prob="0.04" force_prob="true"/>
    <item name="ElectricalWire" count="1,4" prob="0.05" force_prob="true"/>
    <item name="VMToolRachetSet" count="1,2" prob="0.42" force_prob="true"/>
    <item name="VMToolCompressor" count="1" prob="0.33" force_prob="true"/>
    <item name="CarFootpump" count="1" prob="0.26" force_prob="true"/>
</append>
<append xpath="//lootcontainer[@name='garage']">
    <item name="VMToolRachetSet" count="1,2" prob="0.5" force_prob="true"/>
    <item name="VMToolCompressor" count="1" prob="0.3" force_prob="true"/>
</append>

15 minutes ago, ZoneBreaker said:

Does this mod work with ranodmly generated worlds? I've been exploring city after city but can't seem to find any new cars.

As I understand it, this mod is supposed to be used on a new randomly generated world, meaning: you load the mod, then generate your random world, and the new world has the new cars in it.  If this is not happening for you my best guess is the mod isn't loaded correctly (like literally the mod was not copied into the right folder, or the mod folder you're using is incorrect, or you're using a version of the game incompatible with the mod version, or maybe you've loaded lots of mods and its interfering with this mod).

The most common issue i hear about is the first 2 in the list, which can be verified by:

For me, my "Vehicle Madness" mod was copied into the "Mods" folder (That I had to make myself) and looks like this (I'm on Ubuntu, not Windows but it should be similar):

[steam folders]/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Mods/VehicleMadness_Overhaul_Beta2.0/

in this last folder (for me it's named "VehicleMadness_Overhaul_Beta2.0"but it might be different for you), you should see several files and folders, but also this file: ModInfo.xml

If the "ModInfo.xml" in not there, you have copied the mod into the Mods folder incorrectly.  The game has to see this file 1 folder deep into the "Mods" folder, meaning: Every mod must be like this: /Mods/[the mod folder]/ModInfo.xml

6 hours ago, RobWed said:

I was spelling ratchet the civilised way... 😉

Never knew it could be spelled 'rachet'.  (which I would want to pronounce 'rashay'...)

Thanks also for the code!

Dang Brits and their inability to understand the English language. 

/Runs away 

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness A21 Version Beta 3.0 (Experimental Ver 128b)
  • Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness for A21