Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

56 minutes ago, DmundZ said:

thank you very much I totally overlooked the Capital P in the previous post, that fixed the first 2 lines. 

any idea with this guy? 

I just fixed the P to p on gitlab sorry for that ...reminds self not to do 'live' updates on gitlab at 2:30 am  when should be sleeping...

Currently working on the next update Beta2.1 so I just downloaded the original version Beta2.0 at tried on my end and no VMworkbench error ,   are you by any chance running a different hud like SMX or the AGF UI or indeed another replacement hud ?  

If you are running SMX there is a fix for that posted on the first page of this thread ...

Regards

Ragsy !!

36 minutes ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

I just fixed the P to p on gitlab sorry for that ...reminds self not to do 'live' updates on gitlab at 2:30 am  when should be sleeping...

Currently working on the next update Beta2.1 so I just downloaded the original version Beta2.0 at tried on my end and no VMworkbench error ,   are you by any chance running a different hud like SMX or the AGF UI or indeed another replacement hud ?  

If you are running SMX there is a fix for that posted on the first page of this thread ...

Regards

Ragsy !!

This is probably my wrong doing i am trying to use two large overhauls War3zuk and vehicle madness. 

8 minutes ago, DmundZ said:

This is probably my wrong doing i am trying to use two large overhauls War3zuk and vehicle madness. 

I think War3zuk uses his own customised SMX version  I may be wrong  ......  so yeah that would explain the issue you have.

Even the SMX patch i have may not work for this . 

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Don't know if this is unique to Vehicle Madness or A20 as a whole but... I'm done. Twice now I've had my Firetruck from this mod teleport when I get out of it into a wall, spaz out ,and explode without dropping its inventory. This second time was full of loot (a 12x10 inventory) from a run, and I just lost all of it to the firetruck teleporting perpendicularly into the side of a Trader. I've had it. I'm @%$#ing done with this @%$#. I lost my backup/ high speed vehicle that was stored IN the firetruck by extension. 

18 minutes ago, Zeorik said:

Don't know if this is unique to Vehicle Madness or A20 as a whole but... I'm done. Twice now I've had my Firetruck from this mod teleport when I get out of it into a wall, spaz out ,and explode without dropping its inventory. This second time was full of loot (a 12x10 inventory) from a run, and I just lost all of it to the firetruck teleporting perpendicularly into the side of a Trader. I've had it. I'm @%$#ing done with this @%$#. I lost my backup/ high speed vehicle that was stored IN the firetruck by extension. 

Has nothing to do with Vehicle Madness. Many, many others, have reported teleporting vehicles in vanilla A20.

Why are you coming to rage about something the Fun Pimps haven't fixed yet, as if it's this mod's fault?

As of yet, I have had literally ZERO issues playing my heavily modded, experimental branch A20.1 game. I am 79 hours in, no problems at all.

23 minutes ago, Zeorik said:

Vehicle teleporting is a A20 thing (well A19 too!) but still, I have noticed VM vehicles do seem to be pushed around by zombies/animals MUCH easier than vanilla, I had a dog get under my car and shoot it into the air lol.

I don't think the car damage mod helps this situation which I have installed - https://7daystodiemods.com/vehicle-damage-patch/  I may try running without it and see if that helps.

9 minutes ago, Alloy1 said:

Has nothing to do with Vehicle Madness. Many, many others, have reported teleporting vehicles in vanilla A20.

Why are you coming to rage about something the Fun Pimps haven't fixed yet, as if it's this mod's fault?

As of yet, I have had literally ZERO issues playing my heavily modded, experimental branch A20.1 game. I am 79 hours in, no problems at all.

Beeecause it's primarily their vehicle that is being most heavily affected, and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a vanilla vehicle explodes into flaming car parts when its health reaches 0 either. So On those two fronts I'd say it makes sense to make mention of the issue here, though you're right I am being a bit angry about it. 2+ hours of my time wasted, two vehicles lost, and a large chunk of loot being deleted due to a bug on a MP server will do that.

5 minutes ago, Zeorik said:

Beeecause it's primarily their vehicle that is being most heavily affected, and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a vanilla vehicle explodes into flaming car parts when its health reaches 0 either. So On those two fronts I'd say it makes sense to make mention of the issue here, though you're right I am being a bit angry about it. 2+ hours of my time wasted, two vehicles lost, and a large chunk of loot being deleted due to a bug on a MP server will do that.

To be perfectly fair I have had a fair few VM vehicles explode and they have always done so in the vanilla way, they certainly have not turned into car parts!  I suspect more info would be needed to look into that, could be a bug with a specific vehicle?

2 hours lost shouldn't turn you insane man ;)  I have had way worse happen in A19 due to bugs lol and tbh I blamed myself not others for not having a robust backup system.  It's pretty @%$#ing easy to write a decent backup script in either Windows or Linux so these things are never an issue going forward.

6 minutes ago, MikeyUK said:

To be perfectly fair I have had a fair few VM vehicles explode and they have always done so in the vanilla way, they certainly have not turned into car parts!  I suspect more info would be needed to look into that, could be a bug with a specific vehicle?

2 hours lost shouldn't turn you insane man ;)  I have had way worse happen in A19 due to bugs lol and tbh I blamed myself not others for not having a robust backup system.  It's pretty @%$#ing easy to write a decent backup script in either Windows or Linux so these things are never an issue going forward.

As stated, it's a MP server that I don't admin for (It's a friend group thing, but the only one able to @%$# with it i offline anyway) and I don't really blame anyone in particular beyond the vehicle not even dropping its contents. That bit is really bull@%$#.  But I digress.

And the 2 hours bit is sort of just... the cherry on top of a @%$# sundae that has been last week, and today. I finally get free time to game after @%$#s at work and home, and even that gets stripped from me lol.

9 minutes ago, Zeorik said:

As stated, it's a MP server that I don't admin for (It's a friend group thing, but the only one able to @%$# with it i offline anyway) and I don't really blame anyone in particular beyond the vehicle not even dropping its contents. That bit is really bull@%$#.  But I digress.

And the 2 hours bit is sort of just... the cherry on top of a @%$# sundae that has been last week, and today. I finally get free time to game after @%$#s at work and home, and even that gets stripped from me lol.

I get ya man, life is sucking for me at the moment too lol, just had my hot water boiler explode, called someone out, was supposed to be fixed and they made the problem even worse, caused a leak and ruined a bunch of years old art my wife bought me when we were dating!  So @%$#ing annoying, I sent an equally distasteful message to the repair company!  I was @%$#ing livid.  Calmed down a bit now and wish I had not sent it so fiercely as i'll probably have to face the guy when he comes back to fix it next week rofl, so not looking forward to that.

If you had mentioned it was an MP server you did NOT have admin of I would have worded my response a little differently, all you said was an MP server.  I run a MP server locally on my home network (just for me as I don't really have any friends lol) so just saying MP server does not mean you don't have admin.  Maybe get admin? 

Running 7 Days servers without a decent backup is kinda suicide, some mod changes can wipe entire saves etc and its really annoying what can happen which is out of your control.  Even getting FTP access would mean you can at least log in daily and download a full backup, even if they can't provide a more automated approach.

Sorry for your loss anyway, hope today goes better!  Personally I am probably going to be surrounded by COVID infected kids all day, I have promised mine (at long last) they can go to the "super playground" today but still not overly looking forward to it haha.  We've all just had COVID (because of schools, amirite??) so were pretty damn immune but still, I'd rather be at home killing zombies rofl.

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Zeorik said:

Pro tip, don't play a game in Alpha stage of development where lots of bugs are expected when you just want to relax in perfectly safe and bugless virtual environment, because you're just going to get @%$#ed, guaranteed. I know it sucks, but I'm just telling you how it is. Don't get me wrong, this is a great game, but nothing is really perfect, and if you expect very few problems or no problems at all, this game is simply not going to give you that kind of experience any time soon. If you insist on playing unstable game when you actually expect a good relaxing experience, you should know what to expect and how to avoid getting @%$#ed. For example, don't put valuable loot into inventories that you know could get easily lost...

5 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Pro tip, don't play a game in Alpha stage of development where lots of bugs are expected when you just want to relax in perfectly safe and bugless virtual environment, because you're just going to get @%$#ed, guaranteed. I know it sucks, but I'm just telling you how it is. Don't get me wrong, this is a great game, but nothing is really perfect, and if you expect very few problems or no problems at all, this game is simply not going to give you that kind of experience any time soon. If you insist on playing unstable game when you actually expect a good relaxing experience, you should know what to expect and how to avoid getting @%$#ed. For example, don't put valuable loot into inventories that you know could get easily lost...

I've been playing this game since a16 and before, this ain't my first rodeo with 7D2D. And I can safely say that even when heavily modded, this is the first time I've had a vehicle-related issue to the extent of losing an entire inventory due to the vehicle exploding into scrap right in front of me.

Also it's not that I had particularly valuable loot inside, but the quantity of resources is what is infuriating.

32 minutes ago, Zeorik said:

I've been playing this game since a16 and before, this ain't my first rodeo with 7D2D. And I can safely say that even when heavily modded, this is the first time I've had a vehicle-related issue to the extent of losing an entire inventory due to the vehicle exploding into scrap right in front of me.

Also it's not that I had particularly valuable loot inside, but the quantity of resources is what is infuriating.

If this happened to me, I would be @%$#ed, sure, but I would just get the items back using cheat menu. That's what is it for after all. There's no shame in cheating if we all know the game is buggy. Can't even count how many times I just cheated the items back when I lost them due to a bug.

i have issue with vehicles thrown in air with other vehicle mods too. its really problem in game itself.

sometimes i myself throw them into air just by running into them :D 

i play this game again and again, and everytime i start from beginning. as theres no goal, just to survive, then i have no problem with that. :D 

29 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

If this happened to me, I would be @%$#ed, sure, but I would just get the items back using cheat menu. That's what is it for after all. There's no shame in cheating if we all know the game is buggy. Can't even count how many times I just cheated the items back when I lost them due to a bug.

Non-admin on a MP server with friends, admin was asleep for the night. And not sure -everything- I lost as it was a looting run, so can't even say "get me this this and this specifically" lol

Game is still in Development so things change between Alpha builds vehicle wise .    A20 we also have the player falling through world issue we saw way back in A15 and A16 as well as vehicles appearing in different positions although i think they have now fixed the player falling through the world ..at least thats my understanding of the latest experimental builds .  

I do hope they the Pimps do get to the reason vehicles do thier things .... when testing in DM mode its worse ... especially when you re enter a chunk it respawns stuff and its almost as if the wheel collider is in the ground for a split second and pops vehicle up in air ... this can happen on MP games as well .  Like the vehicle spawns a split second before the ground does .

I think A18 was the most stable for vehicles although not fully without error ,  vehicles dissapearing was even a thing when minibike came to us way back in time and that was on a completely different kit build system. 

As a vehicle maker all vehicles are set up the same as vanilla vehicles when built in unity ...  I had tried different ways of doing build set-ups  but all do the flip over on odd occasions.   With vehicle damage reduction patches it makes things worse if you do get a flip over .  

Regards

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Good evening everyone, 

seem to have ran into a game breaking error on my end, it happens every time I go towards this one POI.  FPS drops to near zero then when i go to reload game it hangs at building environment. i am able to reload from a backup save but every time I get close to the same location these errors start. 

ERR LootContainer 'VMVan' unknown

EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

14 hours ago, DmundZ said:

Good evening everyone, 

seem to have ran into a game breaking error on my end, it happens every time I go towards this one POI.  FPS drops to near zero then when i go to reload game it hangs at building environment. i am able to reload from a backup save but every time I get close to the same location these errors start. 

ERR LootContainer 'VMVan' unknown

EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

did a bit more messing around and was able to clear the error by choosing a different backup from further back.  i take it errors like this just happen?  again sorry for my ignorance. 

15 minutes ago, DmundZ said:

did a bit more messing around and was able to clear the error by choosing a different backup from further back.  i take it errors like this just happen?  again sorry for my ignorance. 

Well this IS 7 Days to Die, only been in alpha 8 years lol. 

Other users seem to have the mod working on A20 apparently,     otherwise would not get any feedback for things like the following  . 

Pushed a small fix to Gitlab today if you need it ... no restart required just a vehicles xml seating change.

1. Seating fix for Tactical Jeep.

2. Passenger seat fix for Vanilla trucks ( Mo Power , Working Stuffs and the Ambulance )

... also updated the link for the SMX Compatibility patch for users who want to use Sirrilions SMX  on the front page of this thread .

Ragsy !!

on A20 b238 , playing this mod with the Rebirth together. works fine.  (just stuff i already mentioned to creator Ragsy, in the auto workbench)

am wondering if theres a tractor repair kit though, search in game didnt show one.

but yes works in a20 to re-confirm. ty!

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness A21 Version Beta 3.0 (Experimental Ver 128b)
  • Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness for A21