Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

What we ended up doing was having a lot more fun during horde nights, and the game became more about collecting cars and keeping up with them and building around them than the other vanilla aspects of the game.

Just a "different" type of play.   I agree, if you play as you would in vanilla, vehicles help; but then I think one misses out.

I do think gas is still too prevailent especially with loot respawns on, and the ability to craft gas, but blame vanilla for that. 

... Each model has to have a wrecked version of itself in order to downgrade and not look weird, I believe they're still working on making those wrecked versions.

12 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

What we ended up doing was having a lot more fun during horde nights, and the game became more about collecting cars and keeping up with them and building around them than the other vanilla aspects of the game.

Just a "different" type of play.   I agree, if you play as you would in vanilla, vehicles help; but then I think one misses out.

I do think gas is still too prevailent especially with loot respawns on, and the ability to craft gas, but blame vanilla for that. 

... Each model has to have a wrecked version of itself in order to downgrade and not look weird, I believe they're still working on making those wrecked versions.

Ah thanks regarding the wrecked version, I think it was a the tanker.

Yeah I like how Undead Legacy has done the gas, solves the problem nicely I think :D

On 1/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, Ragsy 2145 said:

incoming.thumb.png.9a7b0b2baa05ea56659125bb7d95d706.png

These vanilla busses will be included in one of upcoming updates ....  on that note we are pleased to say that Éric Beaudoin has joined  the  Vehicle Madness Team and already has done some nice work on the workings stiffs truck , Mo Power truck  and the vanilla ambulance for the A20 first release version  .   🙂

Ragsy !!!

Any plan to work on the vanilla sedan and miltary truck?

34 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

Any plan to work on the vanilla sedan and miltary truck?

Yeah Ericbeaudoin is part of VM Team now so at some point will hope to get those included ...  I think Snufkins Server side vehicles has them in already I may be wrong but i am sure i saw the working vanilla sedan in that in the past .  

45 minutes ago, LittleMonstersTV said:

I absolutely agree... I feel like you get WAY too much gas from oil shale... I feel like they need to make us work harder for gas 😛

We did make it that you need more oilshale to make gas in VM .... wether it was enough is another thing lol ..... but in general even in my vanilla plays before integrating VM into A20  i felt that vanilla loot was for me in general way OTT I i was playing 100%  not 200% like some do ,   will address that as we move on but as TFP keep evolving the loot systems we have to fight for a balance each release lol

51 minutes ago, MikeyUK said:

Ah thanks regarding the wrecked version, I think it was a the tanker.

Yeah I like how Undead Legacy has done the gas, solves the problem nicely I think :D

Yeah tanker needs a natural downgrade version maybe a couple of others in there too ... we are working to get all wrecks to the 3 stages in future releases and add more to the mix ..  always looking to improve variations in wrecks in long run. 

Regards

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, Arma Rex said:

If possible as well, could we get a standalone mod that just includes the vanilla vehicles?

Eric is producing the vanillas as standalone versions in his mods thread .... not sure at the moment wether he will expand that side as standalones ...   I am sure he will at some point . 

Ragsy !!

2 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yeah tanker needs a natural downgrade version maybe a couple of others in there too ... we are working to get all wrecks to the 3 stages in future releases and add more to the mix ..  always looking to improve variations in wrecks in long run. 

Did you look at "The Headquarters" mod? it has nice wrecks, it still works (with few fixes in config), just have black textures bug.

i suspect its abandoned mod, but it would be great to have those wrecks in VM mod (with fixed textures).

anyway, about gas, i personally play with decreased loot, (even set in MP) but its still lot of gas in the end, we don't even craft it, we simply use what we found :D

but as we travel a lot, especially when we finally get more than one vehicle, then we use lot of Gas. :D

decreasing loot is good choice i think

Edited by Cronosus (see edit history)

51 minutes ago, the_event_horizonx1 said:

Do the salvage changes to cars support wasteland treasures volume 3 (acid drops from car wrecks)? I have scrapped countless cars and I haven't gotten a single acid from them. And I doubled checked I had read that volume too.

Not at present ... but will do in next release version.

Ragsy !!

2 hours ago, Sunnyb0iii said:

what kind of mod are u using for that crossbow?

This crossbow is one of the 'Legendary' weapons in the Wasteland Mod. It drops a lot of the stealth attribute bonus in favor of increased bolt capacity. It pairs well with the VM buggy. :)

5 hours ago, arramus said:

This crossbow is one of the 'Legendary' weapons in the Wasteland Mod. It drops a lot of the stealth attribute bonus in favor of increased bolt capacity. It pairs well with the VM buggy. :)

How did you managed to make it work? all those mods. mine says file does not contain modinfo but i checked it everything is there.

Edited by Sunnyb0iii (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Sunnyb0iii said:

How did you managed to make it work? all those mods. mine says file does not contain modinfo but i checked it everything is there.

I placed them all in the Mods folder, started with EAC off (because the Wasteland has a new .dll for the trader) and it all loaded up just fine. You checked that the main folders are all top level and not embedded with an extra folder they don't need, right?

34 minutes ago, arramus said:

I placed them all in the Mods folder, started with EAC off (because the Wasteland has a new .dll for the trader) and it all loaded up just fine. You checked that the main folders are all top level and not embedded with an extra folder they don't need, right?

that's what i did. am i doing something wrong here? sorry, this is my first time using mods in 7d2dimage.png.87c9c1f0b0c01bef4b12ce2616f8c0e2.png

1 hour ago, Sunnyb0iii said:

that's what i did. am i doing something wrong here? sorry, this is my first time using mods in 7d2dimage.png.87c9c1f0b0c01bef4b12ce2616f8c0e2.png

Inside the A20-ServerSideVehicles-2022Jan20-main, you'll find a folder called A20_ServerSideVehicles_2022Jan20. This is the top layer folder. The additional folder is made by the file host and is not needed. You'll find the same is the case for Mods---A20-main-Bdubs Vehicle and The Wasteland.

Here is the pattern:

The top layer folder is the one that has the ModInfo file inside it. If the top later folder doesn't have that inside it, then the contents can be taken out until you get to a top layer folder (with the ModInfo file just inside).

Some storage hosts won't do that, but some will and it justs needs a quick check to see how they handle things.

3 hours ago, arramus said:

Inside the A20-ServerSideVehicles-2022Jan20-main, you'll find a folder called A20_ServerSideVehicles_2022Jan20. This is the top layer folder. The additional folder is made by the file host and is not needed. You'll find the same is the case for Mods---A20-main-Bdubs Vehicle and The Wasteland.

Here is the pattern:

The top layer folder is the one that has the ModInfo file inside it. If the top later folder doesn't have that inside it, then the contents can be taken out until you get to a top layer folder (with the ModInfo file just inside).

Some storage hosts won't do that, but some will and it justs needs a quick check to see how they handle things.

Thank you!! it works perfectly now. sorry for disturbing you haha

Hello, I am new to this forum and this mod. So far my friends and I LOVE it, it has made the game way more fun! Thank you so much for making it! We are on Alpha 20 (b238) and have crafted the auto workbench, but do not see a button to hit to make the items listed. In the vanilla game when you have the mats and go to the workbench it says to hit "W" to craft. I do not get that prompt to make the motorcycle repair kit on the regular workbench or the auto repair one. I saw earlier posts about other people not getting this to work. I did not see if there was a solution yet. I'm just wondering what I need to do to make it work. I can provide screenshots if needed.

3 hours ago, Heatherfla said:

Hello, I am new to this forum and this mod. So far my friends and I LOVE it, it has made the game way more fun! Thank you so much for making it! We are on Alpha 20 (b238) and have crafted the auto workbench, but do not see a button to hit to make the items listed. In the vanilla game when you have the mats and go to the workbench it says to hit "W" to craft. I do not get that prompt to make the motorcycle repair kit on the regular workbench or the auto repair one. I saw earlier posts about other people not getting this to work. I did not see if there was a solution yet. I'm just wondering what I need to do to make it work. I can provide screenshots if needed.

Glad you are having fun with the mod thats what count's ....  I just pushed a fix for that to my Gitlab download

Alternately If you know how to change the xml here is the fix:

<recipe name="TFPMotorcycleRepairTool" count="1" craft_time="70">
	<ingredient name="HotwireKit" count="1"/>
	<ingredient name="Tire" count="2"/>
	<ingredient name="CarFootpump" count="1"/>
</recipe>

Note The original recipe should have been make it 'without' a workbench  on the 'fly' if needed ... as you already may have made a hotwire kit ready to use,  the other thing missing from recipe was the CarFootpump as its already shown as a part of recipe icon display and would be needed for air in the tires ....this was not on release version and was an oversight on my behalf .

Regards

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Hello everyone, has anyone ran into this console error? 

ERR XML loader: loading and parsing 'recipes.xml'failed

EXC No item/block/material with name 'CarFootPump' Existing

ERR [XUi] failed initializing window group workstation_VMAutoWorkbench

EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

any help or guidance would be appreciated

15 minutes ago, DmundZ said:

Hello everyone, has anyone ran into this console error? 

ERR XML loader: loading and parsing 'recipes.xml'failed

EXC No item/block/material with name 'CarFootPump' Existing

any help or guidance would be appreciated

Here's a quick fix for you:

1. Open recipes.xml of this mod - <game folder>/Mods/VehicleMadness_Overhaul_Beta2.0/Config/recipes.xml

2. Find the following lines:

<ingredient name="CarFootPump" count="1"/>
</recipe>

3. On the 4th line:

change "CarFootPump" to "CarFootpump".

The result should look as follows:

</recipe>

4. Save the file, restart the game.

That should do it until @Ragsy 2145 uploads an official fix... :)

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Here's a quick fix for you:

1. Open recipes.xml of this mod - <game folder>/Mods/VehicleMadness_Overhaul_Beta2.0/Config/recipes.xml

2. Find the following lines:

</recipe>

3. On the 4th line:

change "CarFootPump" to "CarFootpump".

The result should look as follows:

</recipe>

4. Save the file, restart the game.

That should do it... :)

thank you very much I totally overlooked the Capital P in the previous post, that fixed the first 2 lines. 

any idea with this guy? 

34 minutes ago, DmundZ said:

21 minutes ago, DmundZ said:

thank you very much I totally overlooked the Capital P in the previous post, that fixed the first 2 lines. 

any idea with this guy?

No idea, I checked usual suspects, can't see anything wrong in the mod files. Mind posting the whole mod load order in alphabetical order? Could be some conflict there.

• Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness A21 Version Beta 3.0 (Experimental Ver 128b)
  • Ragsy 2145 changed the title to Vehicle Madness for A21