Infested Rail Tunnel and Train

Horst

After three years its time to bring my trains back to 7 days (previous: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4428-wastelandtrain-no2/).
This time A19 ready, better looking than ever, integrated in a nice and terrifying POI, full of Zombies and loot.

I'm always thankfull for feedback, and open to updating details!

Download Version 1.0 (Last changed: 21_08_2020): 2108_2.zip
Dropbox for those having troubles with the download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4vofp3hdtwuqhq1/AADDUMUf1CmPCWfLOPgigc8qa?dl=0

Main.thumb.jpg.022a93f3830086fa3ba4f96ca664497c.jpg

20200821014544_1.thumb.jpg.67d5207f7a8816991a991a3660dffadf.jpg

The lore idea is a collapsed railway tunnel through which - at the outbreak of the Zombievirus - tons of Zs crawled up to the surface, everybody
in Navezgane knows the army officially got involved at that point, but many people claim that they were already present very close to the
location much earlier, but no survivors really seem to know what went on there.

Small warning: If you trust my building skills, and want to enjoy the POI spoiler-free the detailed descriptions below may not be for you.

Basic description:

Main POI structure:

The basic POI setup is a train tunnel with two tracks, which has collapsed at both ends. While one ends tunnel collapse has left
nothing but a little pit and the remains of a ventilation structure on the surface, at the other side of the POI a little Shamway Supermarket
floor has fallen into the tunnel and forms an opening that leads to the tracks. On the tracks is a coal train, which was partially burried by
the collapse, on the one side and a military train stuffed with more apocalypse-related things on the other. The main structures also include
an emergency evacuation tunnel that connects the main entry point to another part of the surface, as well as hidden chambers at the end of the tunnel.

Questpath:

Main idea of the quests and player path lead from the quest marker at a collapsed ventilation shaft on the surface through various small and hopefully
interesting surface structures to the opposite end on the surface level, which is marked by a little shamway supermarket. This building serves as
entrance to the tunnel level, in which the player path leads back in the opposite direction along the tracks and into several chambers roughly
20 blocks below the starting point.
20200821012531_1.thumb.jpg.cbf1368ed40982381ec70cf314d4aeb8.jpg

20200821012847_1.thumb.jpg.7035ea36fde645a38516fdb9bdd68283.jpg

20200821012909_1.thumb.jpg.3eb79a8a124a099fd1ed32a98fd332a0.jpg

20200821013804_1.thumb.jpg.ac0ac4b877cff1a1efc5d7cfaa46a9b9.jpg

20200821014544_1.thumb.jpg.67d5207f7a8816991a991a3660dffadf.jpg

Included side structures in case someone wants to reuse them in other POIs, (please message me beforehand):

- refrigerated truck trailer - maybe there is room for improvement on the colours
- public restrooms - its tiny, its ugly, its dirty, its creepy, people decided to put up pictures to
  find their lost loved ones - its horible and imho quite good because of that
- small army camp
- a little yellow bulldozer - I'm not satisfied with its looks yet, and would be happy for constructive ideas
- tanks - sadly they have to be white and UN now, the game is suffering from its success here: In previous alphas I used
  camouflage textures, but the HD textures now make them much too obviously a cloth texture...
- Collapsed mini-Shamway
- coal car - huge coal car for 2-block rail width, imo quite good and realistic look, not much details to improve as
  long as its empty, sadly the use of metal sheets makes it impossible to fill them with coal
- flatbed train car - nice for 2-block rail width, not quite satisfied with the texture, and the necessity to use sheets
  makes it impossible to place two army trucks on them - if you want to reuse them somewhere else, message me,
  maybe I find an elegant way to fit two trucks
- refrigerated train car, originally used for food, later hastely marked Bio-Hazard and used to bring the dead as far away as
  possible before they turn
- locomotive (one shiny and new, one burned out), there are no good aged dark metal colours in the game atm, so instead of doing
  two similarly aged locos I went for both extremes - they are better than my last ones, but I still feel they could be better
  than what they currently are, so maybe I'll update some details
- underground Zchambers - the opposite of an underground bunker, not to lock the Zs out, but to lock them in deep under ground

Z-Balancing:

I went for big numbers of Zs here at some points, which is not very typical for my previous stuff,
but the locations almost always allow an easy way out, respectively up in most cases - if you think its too
difficult (or too easy) please let me know which point, and what level/GS you had when you went in.

And in case any of the Pimps reads this: Don't you think its weird that there are a hundret street signs with meaningless names,
but not a single simple Bio Hazard sign with the creepy symbol in your Zombie-Virus-Apocalypse-Game? 😉

9 minutes ago, kaneta1 said:

In unskillful English, excuse me.

It's a very good POI, but the Tier of Quest is 1.
Very severe

Even nitrogen could take it out by this prefablist.txt cord.

Zug1,USED,2,-18,142,27,29,industrial;downtown

Probably could be T3 or T4, but doesn't the gamestage make that easy enough for low level players anyway? There is no specific Z spawn like only cops or sth similar, its down to the game to chose enemies according to gamestage, isn't it?

What is Nitrogen, what does it do with this POI, and how should I change that?

Just now, Horst said:

Probably could be T3 or T4, but doesn't the gamestage make that easy enough for low level players anyway? There is no specific Z spawn like only cops or sth similar, its down to the game to chose enemies according to gamestage, isn't it?

What is Nitrogen, what does it do with this POI, and how should I change that?

Hi Horst

Nitrogen is the program to generate maps faster than with the game generator.
The code that @ kaneta1 shared is to add it to the program's prefablist.txt and generate the prefab on the map, just like we do with CompoPack.

P.S. Thanks for the new prefab, it's great.

2 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Horst

Nitrogen is the program to generate maps faster than with the game generator.
The code that @ kaneta1 shared is to add it to the program's prefablist.txt and generate the prefab on the map, just like we do with CompoPack.

P.S. Thanks for the new prefab, it's great.

Ah ok, but adding that is down to anyone downloading it, not for me to ad anywhere besides as a comment here?

Just now, Horst said:

Ah ok, but adding that is down to anyone downloading it, not for me to ad anywhere besides as a comment here?

If you want you can add a txt file and put the code to use it with nitrogen or they could ask here in your post.

2 minutes ago, Gouki said:

If you want you can add a txt file and put the code to use it with nitrogen or they could ask here in your post.

Ok - thank you both - now I understand^^
Haven't been here since I made the Altenburg Castle in afair A16...

I will change Tier and stuff once I get more feedback .

Just now, Horst said:

Ok - thank you both - now I understand^^
Haven't been here since I made the Altenburg Castle in afair A16...

I will change Tier and stuff once I get more feedback .

I don't know much either, I've been learning when creating my 2 prefabs (already shared in the prefabs post), I really liked the castle, I just missed that it had a loot of chest and boxes, also of more zombies.

3 hours ago, Gouki said:

I don't know much either, I've been learning when creating my 2 prefabs (already shared in the prefabs post), I really liked the castle, I just missed that it had a loot of chest and boxes, also of more zombies.

Well, its an A16 Prefab...you probably saw it has a lot of loot containers, so I intended for there to be loot... Sleepers were designed so you could use it as a base in A16 and block the volumes easily with sleeping bags...otherwhise you had Z spawn inside your base... I'm planing on bringing it up to date though 🙂

Just now, Horst said:

Well, its an A16 Prefab...you probably saw it has a lot of loot containers, so I intended for there to be loot... Sleepers were designed so you could use it as a base in A16 and block the volumes easily with sleeping backs...otherwhise you had Z spawn inside... I'm planing on bringing it up to date though 🙂

I will wait for the update, it will be a great job.

Quite the enjoyable PoI, nice straightforward crawl.

A wandering bear heard me down there and wandered in (also a spider zombie; does anyone else think it's weird that hostile animals and zombies ignore each other if they detect you? Bugs the hell out of me.), playing ring around the train car I managed to wake damn near every sleeper in there, very tense.

Thanks.

Archived