Is there an easy way to debug mods?

Festro

I was wondering if there was a way to modify a mod's xml file while the game was loaded similar to unity's playmode to see if it works, and how well or if it errors out without having to exit and relaunch the game to make a few tweaks. Is this possible and if so how would I go about it? also are there any online resources explaining xpath modding in an easy to follow fashion? I've tried reading the documentation portion of the files, and the XML.txt in the config folder but can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Sadly no... You just have to make changes and start the game and test. You don't have to shut the game down completely just to the start screen and reload your save after changes. You can check the xml's in the ConfigsDump folder of your save and see the actual changes your xpath has made. The game will put a copy of the xml in there and have a comment marked where the change is made. 

4 hours ago, Gazz said:

Ctrl-Shift-X reloads the XML files ingame.

It does not cover everything.  entities or progression are examples.

It does work on all buffs and items which tends to be most of what I tinker with.

Thanks!

You would have said earlier.... or this opportunity appeared in A19?

ran into a new problem following the posted tutorial, I believe it may be outdated as the example he makes references to a lootcontainer and the id parameter which I cannot find in the configs. the only lootcontainer I can find is in bundles\entities but the file is unreadable and the manifest isn't helping much either.

Archived