No Trader?

Grayfuzz

I started a new game using pregen1 and after making the campfire the next quest pops up telling me to find the village trader, then say NO TRADER in caps. (and no marker on the compass or map) So two questions:
1) Is this something new? always had a trader and waypoint
2) Can I safely abandon it if I cant complete it?

I just did the same thing and I did get a Trader marker (1.8km away, yay!). So at least it's not an issue with PREGEN01 itself.

You already got your 4 skill points so you could probably abandon it, but I might be concerned about problems in the quest system in general. Are other POIs going to be messed up if they are targeted by a quest?

Since you're just a short ways into the game, you might want to start over, after verifying your files.

No trader is a sign that you are playing on an A18 map or at least the game thinks you are. There will be more issues if you continue.

Do a full clean by going into the launcher and selecting tools and then clean game data. Select everything including old maps and then clean.

When you restart don't name your world the same name you used previously. If you played Pregen01 and named it Hot Potato in A18 and then start a new game with Pregen01 and name it Hot Potato again you will often have problems and the game will treat your map as if it was that old A18 map.

4 hours ago, Grayfuzz said:

I had deleted all my A18 saves prior to creating this world,

Saves and Worlds are two different things. You can delete all your saves, and still have old worlds lying about.

They would be in the:  \AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds folder,

and possibly here as well:  \steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds.

Archived