"Out of memory" crash when joining a server

_ViRuS

Since updating to the new Alpha 19 Stable version of 7daysToDie I have been unable to join any server or even play singleplayer due to out of memory crashes. It also tends to crash steam but this is a 50/50 coin toss as it doesnt always happen

My Specs:
GTX 1660 Super
Intel Core i5-7500 @3.4Ghz
16gb DDR4 2133 RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Things I have already attempted
Verifying game files
Lowering Graphics
Disabling motion blur
Restarting my computer

My logs: https://pastebin.com/ygW1Tciw

I was playing right before the update to Alpha 19 and I was playing on high graphics so I am unsure on what could be causing these crashes.

question #1 did you play the latest experimental?

if you did there is NO difference from that build and stable.

maybe some of the guys here will find something in your log, you may want to provide a report from dxdiag as well.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

16 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

question #1 did you play the latest experimental?

if you did there is NO difference from that build and stable.

maybe some of the guys here will find something in your log, you may want to provide a report from dxdiag as well.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Hello, thanks for the reply
No I did not play on the latest experimental by last played I meant on the Alpha 18 the day of the Alpha 19 release.
Here is my dxdiag report: https://pastebin.com/WGiW6csE

i see you downloading server files for pregen03 so either the server is not updated correctly or has moddified the pregen or yours is not updated correctly. i could be wrong but i dont think there is a need for downloading server files on a pregen unless there is a difference between client and host.

but i am just shooting in the dark on that.

36 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

If you've set a custom swapfile size this can happen. Try setting it to Windows managed on a fast drive with free space.

Although I never recall changing swapfile size on my current pc I did enable the automatic manager and that solved my problem and I am back to running like normal. 
Thanks alot

17 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

i see you downloading server files for pregen03 so either the server is not updated correctly or has moddified the pregen or yours is not updated correctly. i could be wrong but i dont think there is a need for downloading server files on a pregen unless there is a difference between client and host.

but i am just shooting in the dark on that.

I did find that strange as well but seemed unrelated as changing swapfile to be automatically managed solved my issue.

For anyone that doesnt know how to change swapfile size that comes across this feed: 
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10,36929.html 

Archived