Add .22 caliber as a 'early firearm' (Near or in stone age)

Pichii

Blunderbuss. Its a early firearm. Clearly, has many drawbacks.

Why not add a .22 as a pistol/rifle equivilant?
Could be a bolt action rifle and/or break action pistol.
(This makes sense from a logic standpoint. Sif ALL the guns magically disappeared post-apocalypse and then, seemingly magically start appearing around the wasteland en masse. (Nani?))

If that doesnt tickle the devs fancy, then Id suggest a muzzle loader instead as a rifle/pistol.

It really sucks only having 2 choices of weapon in the early game for ranged.
Lets fix that in a reasonable way eh? :D

They are adding a pipe pistol, pipe rifle and pipe shotgun for a20. The pipe shotgun will replace the blunderbuss as the t0 shotgun. These primitive weapons will use the same ammo as the more advanced guns.

They talked about possibly adding a primitive int weapon, but no mention was made of a fortitude one.

7 hours ago, Pichii said:

Why not add a .22 as a pistol/rifle equivilant?

We already have more than enough different types of ammunition. I don't think we should add more. It's a game and the ammunition type of a weapon doesn't have to match the reality. 

1 hour ago, katarynna said:

They talked about possibly adding a primitive int weapon, but no mention was made of a fortitude one.

Since fortitude's ranged weapons are automatic weapons I don't see how a pipe gun type automatic weapon would look like. I know that during the American Civil War there were hand-operated gatling guns, but they were always mounted on lafettes because they were heavy and bulky. Not really useful for raiding a POI. :)

15 hours ago, RipClaw said:

We already have more than enough different types of ammunition. I don't think we should add more. It's a game and the ammunition type of a weapon doesn't have to match the reality. 

Since fortitude's ranged weapons are automatic weapons I don't see how a pipe gun type automatic weapon would look like. I know that during the American Civil War there were hand-operated gatling guns, but they were always mounted on lafettes because they were heavy and bulky. Not really useful for raiding a POI. :)

Then have it shoot a rock. x'D
We have a turret that shoots with a spring and iron. Get creative. xD
Why cry about types of ammo? This seems like no-factor to me.
The early game only really drops blunderbuss ammo. Easily balanced for loot tables.

I personally would rather have options in my kit to deal with enemies. Arrows and a blunderbuss just flat doesnt hit the spot.

If youre gona argue that route than to hell with a .22, give me a .50 cal black powder rifle for early game? (Weve had those since around archbus Them sticks with a metal pipe and they put powder and shot in them. Just made the gauge bigger.)

There are alot of other options and people should have access to a better gun early- specifically a Rifle/Pistol in the early game so you can spend perks on damage like you can with shotgun perks and the blunderbuss.

PS: Just saw the 2nd post. x'D lol

Archived