The wasteland is INSANE now!

Pichii

So, me and a couple buddies hit day 94, GS 100+
We were running 3 forges plus a chemistry station.
We were in the wasteland biome.

Zeds started spawning, NON STOP as if it were blood moon from 2am-8am.
They spawned everywhere as if a screamer horde had triggered. Except- there were none. (I used the new zombie pause function and checked with dev mode)
Screamers didnt appear till the 5th wave, around 5AM.
There was no blood moon.

It was actually insane and in a good way. The XP clamp gap vanished and we gained 2-3 levels. It wasnt even horde night.

Just wanted to say, THANK YOU!
We finally have a place to go for some real endgame content. >:D

(Now please, allow biomes to spawn other than green on center like in the old days and add the difficulty back into the game :3 teehee)

Just had my first death in alpha 19, trying to do a tier 2 hurried supplies in the wasteland. And omg was I in for a surprise.

Started a new game, day 3 adventurer. (120 minutes, double XP and loot find)

I head in with a shotgun tier three, a blunderbuss and a wooden club. 

I got the treasure, but never made it out. A none stop slur of feral cops and radiated zombies chased me down, along with radiated vultures. It was crazy. I ran out of ammo pretty quick after getting my hurried supplies (didn't even fight the zombies that spawn) my bicycle couldn't maneuver properly, anyway. It was awesome.

I have to agree, the wasteland is amazing right now. So glad to see some of what's to come for this game!

If big cities were similar, but with more roaming, lower tier zombies, I'd be happy with the current biome balance. 

So glad I've finally died in Alpha 19, right at the end. I had played another game to late game on warrior and had no issues. But I did avoid the animal craze from one patch. 

Best wasteland ever! I'll be better prepared next time.🤠

In the Spawning xml file, i've seen the respawn rate for Zs in the Wasteland at 0.5 or 0.3 for either day and night (cant recall correctly). Plus, you have 3x more of them in this area. So yeah, this means the Zs swarm you quite fast once you get spotted.

It is a great thing indeed. I once modified the values to have 5 more Zs at 0 rate, which means they instantly respawn and its pure-madness, as you can expect.

15 minutes ago, Ornias said:

Back in the day the central hub city was like this.. and I miss it. It was actually dangerous to adventure into it early. 

I edited my spawning.xml to mess around a bit and now i got zombies everywhere! 

I uploaded it if you want to give it a try.

It's not a modlet so Youll have to replace the code in your spawning.xml in the config folder of 7d2d with the code from here https://pastebin.com/qYzLeDz7

Performance wise i didn't notice much difference however, use it at your own risk! 

Also, with these settings changed, you really should clear out the areas before moving into a house or building.
Because if you don't and you make too much noise, youll get a lot of zombies incoming from the outside, so youll be dealing with both the zombies from the POI itself and the zombies from outside.
Very fun when clearing out one of the factories though. INSANELY FUN.  Bring all the ammo you got , kinda fun hehehe.

EDIT: When an update comes out it might update the spawning.xml to its original. I might make a proper modlet for this some day so this won't happen.

19 hours ago, Roland said:

What does this mean?

At level 60 the XP one could gain clamps and doesnt degenerate anymore.
(As one levels up, you gain less xp from the same ol kills. XP degenerates at like 0.015 per level but this clamps at level 60.)
-Progression XML, first 5 lines or so. :)-

In short- Once you hit level 60, all the XP credit stays the same from kills.
It doesnt do this before lvl 60 and you actually gain less exp for the same kills every time you level up until you reach 60.

The exp gains were so intense and long-lasting in the wasteland that it made it seem as if the clamp didnt exist and I was level 1 on a full first raid night with bullets, just gaining levels en masse. :)
Good feels.

11 hours ago, smokingpaper said:

I edited my spawning.xml to mess around a bit and now i got zombies everywhere! 

I uploaded it if you want to give it a try.

It's not a modlet so Youll have to replace the code in your spawning.xml in the config folder of 7d2d with the code from here https://pastebin.com/qYzLeDz7

Performance wise i didn't notice much difference however, use it at your own risk! 

Also, with these settings changed, you really should clear out the areas before moving into a house or building.
Because if you don't and you make too much noise, youll get a lot of zombies incoming from the outside, so youll be dealing with both the zombies from the POI itself and the zombies from outside.
Very fun when clearing out one of the factories though. INSANELY FUN.  Bring all the ammo you got , kinda fun hehehe.

EDIT: When an update comes out it might update the spawning.xml to its original. I might make a proper modlet for this some day so this won't happen.

There is a guy with a VERY popular map generating mod that I expect will be updated for A19 stable.
His mod allows you to set these things already. -Just so you dont gota do all that extra work if you dont wana. :D

On 8/20/2020 at 2:58 AM, Pichii said:

His mod allows you to set these things already. -Just so you dont gota do all that extra work if you dont wana. :D

I'm not an expert modder but I just thought to share something to what I can do.
The spawning.xml I made was when I already had loads of weapons and stuff.
ow with a new fresh map it was quite hard to do anything with all those zombies.
I tuned them down a bit but there is a bit more finetuning to be done.
In that spawning.xml there are groups of zombies that spawn at daytime and nighttime.
ow i just am trying to find the perfect balance.
There will alwas be more zombies during the nighttime than during the daytime in any biome.
 decreased the spawning in the green zone. However, certain zones are more dangerous and dangerous, like snow and wasteland are one the more dangerous ones.
I was also thinking to have the desert actually be a bit less populated with zombies compared to the other biomes and try to make people spawn there for the first time insteawd of the green forest biome. After all, there is this Duke that leaves you naked somewhere to teach you some kind of lesson, so why not in the desert? My idea is to have the player spawn not too far from green biome,
These are some of my ideas and things but you know, thats so great about this game, im not expert modder and i managed to make this game more interesting for me and a few friends changing some settings in the XML files. 

Archived