Jump to content
GameGuts

Bear Hitboxes are so unfair

Recommended Posts

In a survival world of mine I saw a radiated bear and though to myself, no way can a 3 by 5 block wide bear and 3 blocks high can get through this 2 high door. I was wrong. I think the bears should have a bigger hitbox cause of just how massive they are, and be limited to size of holes in walls, however they should have a block damage increase is what I think as there comeback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a general problem. The big zombies also shouldn't fit through a 2 block high door but their heads don't seem to obey the laws of physics and just pass through normal matter ;) 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

This is a general problem. The big zombies also shouldn't fit through a 2 block high door but their heads don't seem to obey the laws of physics and just pass through normal matter ;) 
 

yeah! the problem is just its htbox size! it they made it bigger then it will be ok! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, bears are kinda borked with their physics... and overly wobbly in death too. Who would have thunk it that this wobbly pile of goo in front of you was just seconds ago this mountain of fangs and muscles that was ripping you limb from limb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears are like rats. They can get through any opening they can squeeze their head through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gideon said:

Bears are like rats. They can get through any opening they can squeeze their head through.

 

This is why I knock their noggins off.   :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've had a zombie bear clip through the walls of the trader base (I thought I was safe picking it off from the top of the base wall, but no, it clipped inside.

I then ran into the traders trailer, and the #$%^ bear followed me, and pushed itself all the way in, leaving me with nowhere to go.

 

In a previous game I was in a largely underground POI in the wasteland. Bears were going nuts on the surface. In the room at the surface there were 1m x 2m doors on 2 sides, with bears clipping through both doors. 4 zombie bears, plus dogs... a bit too savage for a single player game.

 

Also, these bears take an immense amount of melee hits before they die. If we can't outrun them, and can't kill them, and can't safely hide from them, then what is the point to them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears definitely need some more work.

I got the problems with the clipping through walls and stuff too. 
Also, when chopping them up for flesh & bones they sometimes fly around like a bouncing ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pico said:

Also, these bears take an immense amount of melee hits before they die. If we can't outrun them, and can't kill them, and can't safely hide from them, then what is the point to them?

Umm...to kill you? I mean, it seems pretty obvious.

 

(I am not affiliated in any way with that book or its author.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, eXSe said:

Yeah, bears are kinda borked with their physics... and overly wobbly in death too. Who would have thunk it that this wobbly pile of goo in front of you was just seconds ago this mountain of fangs and muscles that was ripping you limb from limb.

After turning one into a pin cushion with stone arrows I went to process the bear and each bone knife thrust it jiggled like it was made of jello and was bouncing all over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...