Oblivion style trader manipulation

bobrpggamer

Is it me or is the new close up focus on the trader really similar to (Elder Scrolls IV) Oblivion. I wonder if the Oblivion style merchant manipulation wheel would be welcome to maybe get better pricing and maybe open special quests. I just cannot imaging Rekt enjoying that too much, imagine him liking the player less, he would probably close the shop for good.

10 hours ago, bobrpggamer said:

Is it me or is the new close up focus on the trader really similar to (Elder Scrolls IV) Oblivion. I wonder if the Oblivion style merchant manipulation wheel would be welcome to maybe get better pricing and maybe open special quests. I just cannot imaging Rekt enjoying that too much, imagine him liking the player less, he would probably close the shop for good.

no idea really, but I do find it verrrry suspicious that this was only added when the new Jen model happened... 0_o  (not that I'm complaining! lol)

Since it's a Bethesda game, I'm gonna say it was probably intended. Madmole loves Bethesda and draws a lot of inspiration (just a tad too much for some things imo) from their games.
As for the wheel, I highly doubt something like that is planned. I don't think there will be enough NPC interaction in this game, at least not at that level, to justify the work in building that. You never know though. After the bandits are in and then once things start getting really close to gold release, they might have found ways to cram in even more stuff and develop dialogue and a story.
It sure would be a good use for the charisma perk in single player though.

23 hours ago, FileMachete said:

no idea really, but I do find it verrrry suspicious that this was only added when the new Jen model happened... 0_o  (not that I'm complaining! lol)

Yeah she has become my favorite. She always says "if you do 2 more jobs I will give you, - long pause, so dirty minds can wander - employee of the month". I swear I was thinking about a 10% discount, I swear.

I do not believe they would ever consider it, its just that the close-up focus on the trader brought back memories of Oblivion, which was a great game but I enjoyed Morrowind much more. As a matter of fact I was so into Morrowind a friend thought I should start a fan club, I had 100s of hours in that game, mainly creating new enchantments and fixing up my place.

We are very lucky that Madmole loves Bethesda to the point he wants to bring some features from their games to 7 Days to Die. This is a very good thing in my opinion, because Bethesda has some great ideas and it would be shame if TFP didn't take advantage of some great ideas that already exist and if they just tried to reinvent a wheel instead when there are many great concepts that have been thoroughly tested and work well.

Well depending on what game you talk about, Bethesda made some great games, although some ideas around the shift from Morrowind to Oblivion and the dumbing down of the game at that point like the quest markers and fast travel were unwelcome to some although my main dislike was the removal of levitation and how being a thief in the game was impossible to enjoy anymore. I accidentally killed a merchant in Morrowind and I made her store my home, just like that. That was impossible in Oblivion because the guards would find out somehow no matter if you were seen or not. You could go into any house or place in Morrowind and steal whatever you wanted and unless the guards had eyes on you you would get away with it. I believe Bethesda removed this for moral reasons and it made the game less accessible, to me anyway, so I never finished the game as I did in Morrowind.

Archived