b178 server reset?

GotinDrachenhart

7 hours ago, GotinDrachenhart said:

Did this update wipe the server for you guys or is it just us? Went to play tonight (sunday), and it's a default server. Default map, no mods, heck not even a server name or password.

My were fine, but it sounds like yours might have Validated Files instead of just updating

12 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Whose your host?  I use bluefangs and our world save was fine after the update.

Survival Servers. Their customer service is really good but their hardware is circa 1996 it seems lol

Ya, so the host looked at it and said that despite having chosen pregen 3 the server was reporting the world was a randomgen. He also said that this patch reset almost every one of their clients running the experimental build.

So....new map! Time to try a mod or two I guess :)

9 hours ago, GotinDrachenhart said:

Survival Servers. Their customer service is really good but their hardware is circa 1996 it seems lol

Ya, so the host looked at it and said that despite having chosen pregen 3 the server was reporting the world was a randomgen. He also said that this patch reset almost every one of their clients running the experimental build.

So....new map! Time to try a mod or two I guess :)

Yes, they are one of the worst performing hosting companies I have ever had the displeasure of working with.

If you want to pay for under-performing server hardware with frequent lag issues and sync problems, these are your guys.

Have experience with them on 7 Days, Conan, and Ark servers.

ooph....well, I mean I'm open to suggestions on another host to try. We've been with these guys a long time and their customer service is really good. We typically get replies within the hour even on sundays and that's what's kept us there. I do agree though that their hardware is bad. It takes up to two hours for our ark server (50+ mods), to reboot and of course, this means that with mod devs updating their files all the time the server is almost unplayable due to the frequent reboots.

Archived