Requesting help with modding

lammetje

is it possible to lock the amount of mod slots you have on gear, items & weapons behind a perk ?

so regardless of tier only 1 mod slot if you have 0/5 points into that perk

and 6 mod slots if you have 5/5 points into said perk 

i have been trying all kind of things but can't seem to get it to work :/

17 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

Hmmm.... I'm not sure - but try something like this:

<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="1,4" tier="1,5" tags="perkXXX"/>

???

Hi n2n1

That will only give you 1 to 4 slots having a level of 1 to 5, it would be:

So I understand it right, that could work.

38 minutes ago, lammetje said:

is it possible to lock the amount of mod slots you have on gear, items & weapons behind a perk ?

so regardless of tier only 1 mod slot if you have 0/5 points into that perk

and 6 mod slots if you have 5/5 points into said perk 

i have been trying all kind of things but can't seem to get it to work 😕

Hi lammetje

I have it like this in my new item

<passive_effect name = "ModSlots" operation = "base_set" value = "1,2,3,4,5,6" tier = "1,2,3,4,5,6" />

You could try looking in the packmule perk and come up with something similar, but to block slots.
Do reverse engineering, hehe.

@n2n1 , @Gouki thank you both for the reply but,

What you are both suggestion is to link the mod slots to the tier of the item/gear or weapon

that is already set and done by many including myself

want i want is to separate them from one and another

so that i could in theory have a tier 6 item with 1 mod slot and or a tier 1 item with 6 mod slots or any combination in the middle

Just now, lammetje said:

@n2n1 , @Gouki thank you both for the reply but,

What you are both suggestion is to link the mod slots to the tier of the item/gear or weapon

that is already set and done by many including myself

want i want is to separate them from one and another

so that i could in theory have a tier 6 item with 1 mod slot and or a tier 1 item with 6 mod slots or any combination in the middle

It is similar you should only be able to do it this way:
item start with name = (I think it says like this)

value = 1 tier = 6
value = 2 tier = 5

And so you are adding it, making it perk as you want or you can make it modlet so that it randomizes all the weapons, clothes, etc.

@Gouki  sorry for not being specific enough on my last comment

but i actually mean something like the following :

<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_add" level="1" value="1,1,0,0,-1,-2" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>
        <passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_add" level="2" value="2,2,1,1,0,-1" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>
        <passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_add" level="3" value="3,3,2,2,1,0" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>
        <passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_add" level="4" value="4,4,3,3,2,1" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>
        <passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_add" level="5" value="5,5,4,4,3,2" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>

<effect_description level="1" desc_base="2 Mod Slots" long_desc_key="Now you will have 2 mod slots on your items, gear and weapons."/>
        <effect_description level="2" desc_base="3 Mod Slots" long_desc_key="Now you will have 3 mod slots on your items, gear and weapons."/>
        <effect_description level="3" desc_base="4 Mod Slots" long_desc_key="Now you will have 4 mod slots on your items, gear and weapons."/>
        <effect_description level="4" desc_base="5 Mod Slots" long_desc_key="Now you will have 5 mod slots on your items, gear and weapons."/>
        <effect_description level="5" desc_base="6 Mod Slots" long_desc_key="Now you will have 6 mod slots on your items, gear and weapons."/>

except something that does work :)

I think you won't get it to work reliably because modslots need to be dependent on the item's property.  Else, what happens when you have the perk, load it up, and hand it to someone without the perk?  I would guess something is hardcoded that prevents progression.xml from altering the mod slots.

Archived