Edit History

Roland

Roland

38 minutes ago, gurutar said:

will that be in the stable release or planned for a future alpha? i'd love to strap a dozen blunderbusses to my belt, craft a stack of med bandages and go plundering places way above my league.

Giving POIs and biomes gamestage modifiers would most likely happen during map generation. That means requiring a restart on a new map to experience it— not to mention that if you want to see how such changes affect the game during the first week or two you would want to start over again anyway. 

All of that adds up to the feature not happening until a future alpha. Once stable hits they will only add safe fixes and changes that do not require a restart. 

Roland

Roland

32 minutes ago, gurutar said:

will that be in the stable release or planned for a future alpha? i'd love to strap a dozen blunderbusses to my belt, craft a stack of med bandages and go plundering places way above my league.

Giving POIs and biomes a higher gamestage modifiers would most likely happen during map generation. That means requiring a restart on a new map to experience it— not to mention that if you want to see how such changes affect the game during the first week or two you would want to start over again anyway. 

All of that adds up to the feature not happening until a future alpha. Once stable hits they will only add safe fixes and changes that do not require a restart.