Please add lockable storage slots

Zombitchkiller420

Yes please. I can only asumme that this is coming later for some reason. If i got that right, it is already in the game and was used by modders already in earlier Alphas. Can only imagine that there is some kind of problem with it right now. Otherwise it would be a a very strange decision to not put that in .

2 hours ago, FileMachete said:

In response to this question in the main A19 Dev Thread in the last few days MM responded with something like, "because adding the kitchen sink isn't good design". Something like that, not saying that's a direct quote.

Thanks for making the mods @KhaineGB, really appreciate it.

Lol yea, so what they did now is added the sink but forgot the faucet. One's rather useless w/o the other.

3 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Lol yea, so what they did now is added the sink but forgot the faucet. One's rather useless w/o the other.

Yeah, really doesn't make sense to me either.

Khaines mod works great btw. No issues for me.

Only minor 'complaint' is I prefer to use slots from the top of the leftmost column and down, then the 2nd from the left column and down. Though I'm pretty sure that the left to right, top row, then down to second row of the mod is due to the internal coding/numbering, and not something readily re-ordered via xml.

I'll get used to it as it is a real time saver.

I added Kage's mod to my Mods folder, only thing in there, and I still only have the b177 vanilla version in my game. Before b177, I just deleted the remarks from the built-in stashfile lines from the XMl file and it worked fine, albeit without the cool Kage icons. Now I'm stuck, anyone have a solution?

2 hours ago, seagas said:

I added Kage's mod to my Mods folder, only thing in there, and I still only have the b177 vanilla version in my game. Before b177, I just deleted the remarks from the built-in stashfile lines from the XMl file and it worked fine, albeit without the cool Kage icons. Now I'm stuck, anyone have a solution?

Your file location is obviously wrong. Here's how to do it in a video. Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, seagas said:

Just in case. He made a modlet just to add, "Lockable Inventory Slots". And when I unzipped it, there was another top lvl directory that can't be put into the games "Mods" folder.

The working part of the mod has it's top folder named, "KHA19-LockableInvSlots" -not- "khaines-modlets-a19-master-KHA19-LockableInvSlots"

In other words the directory structure should go something like;

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\KHA19-LockableInvSlots

and in that "KHA19-LockableInvSlots" folder there should be a "Config" folder and a "Modinfo.xml" file.

20 hours ago, FileMachete said:

Just in case. He made a modlet just to add, "Lockable Inventory Slots". And when I unzipped it, there was another top lvl directory that can't be put into the games "Mods" folder.

The working part of the mod has it's top folder named, "KHA19-LockableInvSlots" -not- "khaines-modlets-a19-master-KHA19-LockableInvSlots"

In other words the directory structure should go something like;

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\KHA19-LockableInvSlots

and in that "KHA19-LockableInvSlots" folder there should be a "Config" folder and a "Modinfo.xml" file.

Thank you, I checked the Mods folder and that was how I had it, then I tried moving the KHA19-LockableInvSlots directly into the Mods folder but no joy. 

I would have kept the Khaines mod but unfortunately, with the feature added by the Pimps, buttons overlap each others and this makes the whole thing annoying and confusing. Was the mod updated in that regard? Or is there a way to disable the current in-game feature until the Pimps add a slot-locking option?

Archived