Lucky Looter perk in alpha 19

NukularBunny

So, I've read a lot of stuff about the only use of lucky looter in alpha 18 being the reduced burried supplies radius and loot time and that it actually didn't affect the loot you got in any significant way. Well I didn't believe any of it and whenever I started any solo run I always spent my first 3 points on getting lucky looter to level 2 as I prefer looting more than anything in the game.

Also I don't invest more than 2 points because by the time I'm able to, my gamestage is fairly high and I already start getting decent stuff no matter where I go.

So what I wanted to know was, did lucky looter get buffed in alpha 19? I'm having this doubt cuz TFP did mention about loot rebalancing in their patch notes, where it clearly stated that you can not get a proper firearm early game. So that kinda made me wonder, what if I did spam my points in lucky looter?

I think that Lucky Looter go "scalled" more propely just like the loot. The perk now gives you a % augmentation instead of a falt numerical bonus. This mean that it has less impact then before early game and more in the late game. This for me is good. In Alpha 18, putting early points in Lucky Looter was cheesing the game. You then get guns and an auger by day 7-10. The new progression is way better. It makes all the tier weapons worth using and find the new tier feels like an achivement.

The Fun Pims will fix the trader loot to scalled, hopefuly in Alpha 19, and it will also be nice. Right now, you can cheese the game by doing lots of quest and buying an automaic shorgun or even a motorcycle in the first week. This has to go in my opinion.

The only thing that do not quite work right now are the tier 3 tools. You get them at the same time as you get the power tools and you basically have no incentive to use the steel tools. The power tools are like tier 4 tools that are available at the same time as the tier 3. I don't know how Fun PImps can fix this as I don't feel like 4 tiers would work right.

My 2 cents.

Tested lucky looter in dev mode - early game totaly useless and not worth it even maxed out, maybe in endgame ... 

Wanna more use? Then invest in bartering perk to get traders secret stash up, that way u will get way more benifit ..

19 minutes ago, NukularBunny said:

So what I wanted to know was, did lucky looter get buffed in alpha 19? I'm having this doubt cuz TFP did mention about loot rebalancing in their patch notes, where it clearly stated that you can not get a proper firearm early game. So that kinda made me wonder, what if I did spam my points in lucky looter?

Lucky Looter was changed to A19. Previously Lucky Looter always added a certain value to your gamestage. This had a big effect in the early game but in the late game it was no longer useful.

In A19 Lucky Looter works differently. It adds a certain percentage value to your gamestage. With two points in Lucky Looter you get +10% gamestage. So, if your gamestage is 20 you have a loot-gamestage of 21. Not that big of a difference. In the early game the Eye Candy and the Lucky Looter Goggles have a much bigger effect than lucky looter.

I have been able to find a good weapon early in the game from the traiders. Usually that's been a crossbow or a pistol. I have not looted very many and I'm trying to remember at what point I started looting good weapons. I believe it started at level 3 missions. It is a money sink too because I buy weapons for their parts most of the time.

I will still occasionally loot a pistol from a toilet.

I have given up on wall safes and standing safes. The chest you get at the end of a mission that are locked are worth opening. If you find a treasure map that chest is worth opening too.

Isn't it better this way because if you loot an AK-47 at the very beginning you're going to be able to hunt whatever you want?

2 hours ago, ElCabong said:

Isn't it better this way because if you loot an AK-47 at the very beginning you're going to be able to hunt whatever you want?

If you don't want to spend any points into perception and/or lucky looter. Than it is better. Because the skill is now so balanced that you must not perk into it to get good loot. Like I said, the should rename the skill into FASTER looter. A nice quality of life option with max skill you can sweep though loot boxes.

• 2 months later...

Archived