what is the one change in your gameplay A19 has started?

ElCabong

12 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Honest answer: drugs and candy. I see a lot of youtubers ignore the health bar. HA! scrubs that deserve their painful debuff death! the health bar is the spinach of the game! did a dubuff lower your health? Not only does the health bar cut the healing time in half, it also gives a buff to the health and speeds up the healing. combine that with fortibites, painkillers, and beer and you are good to go in a bad situation. The moment you have those debuffs hitting you is the moment you need to pop all those items. It's why i take the 4x4 to the big pois, i have it kitted out with those items for when i get walloped like that. Three health bars turn a 30 minute broken leg into a 15 minute broken leg. That feature alone NOT something to ignore. 

You sure about those numbers?

Hmmmm, biggest change(s)? Started using the blunderbuss, been playing since alpha 8 and only used it once when it was first rolled out, now I use it a lot with builds that don't rely on low noise output. Second biggest would probably be actually going to traders, used to completely ignore them . . . or maybe the fact that with the right build I don't avoid melee as much as possible now.

On 8/5/2020 at 8:51 PM, Aesir said:

One of the biggest changes to my playstyle so far is that I'm much more cautious and concerned about getting hit in melee than I used to be.

With the new critical hit and injury system, I'm a lot more leery of just standing there and trading punches with a zed until they drop. 

That is a lesson learned for me as well. I usually power attack with the stone sledge(Timing it for the zombie to walk into the blow) and move back before doing it again. The new crit system is a PITA but enjoyable in the realism sense. 

Honestly; it made me stop playing.  I detest the "stone age" starting so much and I can't seem to get the settings where I want them.  Turning up zombies on hordes, making them always run, turning loot down, etc. didn't make it more fun.  It made it more frustrating.

I've started 3 games in A19 and will not do any more because, after I clear a POI, I mark it on the map with an "X" and wait until my gamestage is high enough to loot it; unless I have a trader mission there first.  Then, I loot/scrap everything that isn't nailed down and run the mission.

The new AI is easily thwarted by an indestructible fence by a trader I encountered.  I let them attack it in an exercise in futility.  With the new AI having them swim, dig, etc. it doesn't make it worthwhile to build a base.  Storage chests on the ground with signs work.

9 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

If i am doing the math right, three health bars is what it takes to halve a splinted broken leg. 

Ok. I wasn't sure because you also said "Not only does the health bar cut the healing time in half" which sounded like one health bar alone already did this. I have to read the description of health bar again instead of posting useless questions 😉

19 hours ago, Dracula said:

Honestly; it made me stop playing.  I detest the "stone age" starting so much and I can't seem to get the settings where I want them.  Turning up zombies on hordes, making them always run, turning loot down, etc. didn't make it more fun.  It made it more frustrating.

I've started 3 games in A19 and will not do any more because, after I clear a POI, I mark it on the map with an "X" and wait until my gamestage is high enough to loot it; unless I have a trader mission there first.  Then, I loot/scrap everything that isn't nailed down and run the mission.

The new AI is easily thwarted by an indestructible fence by a trader I encountered.  I let them attack it in an exercise in futility.  With the new AI having them swim, dig, etc. it doesn't make it worthwhile to build a base.  Storage chests on the ground with signs work.

This make no sense to me. Are you saying you loot every POI on the map and are still in the stone age?

There are so many buildings around. I just clear one city and then move to the next. I don't think it is possible to clear every POI on the map and still be in the stone age.

You can change the loot respawn settings so they respawn quicker too so you can hit them again in a week or two when you are getting higher loot.

29 minutes ago, HungryZombie said:

This make no sense to me. Are you saying you loot every POI on the map and are still in the stone age?

There are so many buildings around. I just clear one city and then move to the next. I don't think it is possible to clear every POI on the map and still be in the stone age.

You can change the loot respawn settings so they respawn quicker too so you can hit them again in a week or two when you are getting higher loot.

No; I'm saying that, until I'm out of the stone age, I don't open loot crates.  I'll clear the POI of zombies and make a path to the loot room; even breaking down all the doors in the way, but leave the rewards untouched.

I play with non-respawning loot because the idea of someone climbing back onto the roof to restock a weapons cache always broke immersion to me.

13 hours ago, meganoth said:

Ok. I wasn't sure because you also said "Not only does the health bar cut the healing time in half" which sounded like one health bar alone already did this. I have to read the description of health bar again instead of posting useless questions 😉

Oh no, we really need to be talking about the health bar, it's great. So you took a bunch of critical debuffs and your health is crap now? Pop a health bar. the health bonus counters the health debuff, and the bar makes you heal faster. depending on how prepared you are this will be what determines if you limp home or heal yourself. 

1. I loot certain buildings as I've modded the paintings, posters, and tvs to be picked up. Just makes sense to me.

2. I now use the blunderbuss until I find a pistol since the world spawns way too many predators. Killed 4 bears, a dire wolf, and 3 mountain lions on day 22. Not by day 22, on day 22. Thank the lord I'd found a pistol by then.

3. I don't open named crates, safes, or hardened chests until my gamestage gets higher. Waste of loot as I like to play without loot respawn as an unseen store clerk restocking crates as though his job at walmart still exists is moronic to me. Also was a way to incentivize searching the entire map instead of systematically visiting different towns over and over. 

4. I play far less than I did before. I used to play 3 or 4 hours at a time. Now I play maybe 1. I'm just not as interested. Looting is a waste of time as we know what we will find based on our gamestage. Kinda takes the excitement out of it. Killing zombies is fun, but it's treated as nothing more than a leveling tool that opens everything else up.

5. And so as to not be a complete downer, I'll end on a high note. I actually will be using shotguns now. I like that new drum fed shotgun. Fires a little slow but is a nice weapon. Didn't like the sawed off and was mildly interested in the regular shotgun. Mostly just used shells for the turrets. Now I likely will use that new one for horde nights. Gotta give the Fun Pimps props on that one.

Archived