Jump to content
FreakUK

FreakUK's Modlets

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Apparently this is not server sided, it needs to be installed on server and client side, if true, the modder should post this originally...

 

I installed on server, and errors from my client side...

Edited by kokuojeiku (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kokuojeiku said:

Apparently this is not server sided, it needs to be installed on server and client side, if true, the modder should post this originally...

 

I installed on server, and errors from my client side...

Correct, it has to be installed client side as well as server side, as do ALL mods that aren't just xml tweaks, and/or use custom assets.

 

I will, however, amend the first post to reduce the likelyhood of future confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ammo Crafting Mod updated to include AP/HP variants of the Steel Ammo, Added HP/AP bullet tips for all calibers, added different sized primers (Small Pistol, Large Pistol and Large Rifle).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I am having trouble getting these mods to load on my dedicated linux server, they all work single player no problem, running latest a19 official.

 

I have it installed on both server and client, I have other mods installed that work but nothing I've tried can get yours to load, any ideas?

 

Thanks! (Really looking forward to the chicken coop)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Asmo242 said:

Hello, I am having trouble getting these mods to load on my dedicated linux server, they all work single player no problem, running latest a19 official.

 

I have it installed on both server and client, I have other mods installed that work but nothing I've tried can get yours to load, any ideas?

 

Thanks! (Really looking forward to the chicken coop)

 

 

Try renaming the modinfo.xml to Modinfo.xml (note the capital M) - Linux is VERY case sensitive (My fault - I should have capitalised it in the first place!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend is hosting our game, with one of the map mods/expansions.

He is concerned about implementing these, as we had to start a new game when adding the map mod.

can this be added to an existing game without wiping out progress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kalgalath said:

My friend is hosting our game, with one of the map mods/expansions.

He is concerned about implementing these, as we had to start a new game when adding the map mod.

can this be added to an existing game without wiping out progress?

None of these modlets should affect an existing game, assuming you take the necessary precautions:

 

Ammo Crafting: Remove any bullet tips or casings from storage/crafting queues.

 

As an aside, you should ALWAYS back up your save files before installing a new modlet, just in case something goes wrong. 

 

I've installed all of these mods mid-game (solo and co-op, haven't tried a server), and not had any issues, but I, like any mod author, cannot guarantee that their wont be any problems - It all depends on what other mods you're running, and whether the game decides to play nice or not.

 

If you're thinking of using the Ammo Crafting Modlet, I'd suggest waiting until early next week, as there is an update coming, that alters shotgun ammo crafting.

Edited by FreakUK (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In need of help please. Iv downloaded the mod for Chicken Coop, unzipped onto my computer, used FTP to move it over to the server I rent using Filezilla and added it to the 7dtd folder in a created folder named "Mods". Then made a folder in the location mentioned in the How to Install section and placed the entire folder in there also for clent side. Restarted my server and cannot find the chicken coop anywhere. TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NobleMatrix said:

In need of help please. Iv downloaded the mod for Chicken Coop, unzipped onto my computer, used FTP to move it over to the server I rent using Filezilla and added it to the 7dtd folder in a created folder named "Mods". Then made a folder in the location mentioned in the How to Install section and placed the entire folder in there also for clent side. Restarted my server and cannot find the chicken coop anywhere. TIA

Must be installed on client side and server side

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Must be installed on client side and server side

It is, to the best of my knowledge. I have it in Mods folder in both places but I think its the server side that is messing up. Using the FTP there isnt a clear place to put the Mods folder and so I put it in the 7dtd one....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NobleMatrix said:

It is, to the best of my knowledge. I have it in Mods folder in both places but I think its the server side that is messing up. Using the FTP there isnt a clear place to put the Mods folder and so I put it in the 7dtd one....

Don't create any folders besides "Mods" folder, only ONE Mods folder needed! Like this

It can't install mods, if it isn't in Mods folder

image.png

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup thats exactly what I have for client side. Then dragged the unzipped mod folder into that Mods one. 

12 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Don't create any folders besides "Mods" folder, only ONE Mods folder needed! Like this

It can't install mods, if it isn't in Mods folder

image.png

 

20200921_174639.jpg

20200921_174525.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NobleMatrix said:

Yup thats exactly what I have for client side. Then dragged the unzipped mod folder into that Mods one. 

 

20200921_174639.jpg

20200921_174525.jpg

I really don't know why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you open up the FRK_Chicken_Coop folder? When I downloaded it and extracted the files from the zip file it made another FRK_Chicken_Coop folder inside the FRK_Chicken_Coop folder. It won't work that way if it did. I don't know why that happens but it does a lot for me when I download some mods and maybe it did it for you also. Just make sure it is the Config, Resources, and UIAtlases folders and the credits.txt and modinfo.xml files in that folder in your last pic and not another FRK_Chicken_Coop folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gamida said:

Did you open up the FRK_Chicken_Coop folder? When I downloaded it and extracted the files from the zip file it made another FRK_Chicken_Coop folder inside the FRK_Chicken_Coop folder. It won't work that way if it did. I don't know why that happens but it does a lot for me when I download some mods and maybe it did it for you also. Just make sure it is the Config, Resources, and UIAtlases folders and the credits.txt and modinfo.xml files in that folder in your last pic and not another FRK_Chicken_Coop folder.

Checked inside the mod and its just the files needed. No duplicates. Thank you for trying to help me BTW! Got any other ideas?

20 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Don't create any folders besides "Mods" folder, only ONE Mods folder needed! Like this

It can't install mods, if it isn't in Mods folder

image.png

Is the server side folder in the correct location?

20200922_015511.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You never mentioned (afaik) if you tried running a single player game to see if it worked on your computer. Maybe you could launch a test game and have a look for the chicken coop. If you can find it in your menu or in creative menu then we can guess it is a server side problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this, but something has happened to the college jacket in my games. The texture is all displaced like my character forgot how to dress haha 
I think ive narrowed it down to the armor mod but im not sure? Could you test it on your side please? Also, is this the mod that changes the ladder icon, if so, why? ONE MORE thing lol.. The armor mod adds all sorts of dye which I really like, but I think that should be included in the description so we know which mods add what in case of conflicts. TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gamida said:

You never mentioned (afaik) if you tried running a single player game to see if it worked on your computer. Maybe you could launch a test game and have a look for the chicken coop. If you can find it in your menu or in creative menu then we can guess it is a server side problem.

Found the problem, The ModInfo file was named Mod i nfo. The lower case 'i' was throwing it off. Working now =D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you figured it out. Good luck with your chickens... 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey.. Im using the chicken coop, love it!
I got an error recently tho which made some of them go invisible:

Block on position -1881, 41, 388 with name 'FRK_Coop_Full' should be a parent but is not!

any idea on this?
thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...