Riles Vanilla Plus

AuroraGiggleFairy

Made an account on here because I loved this mod so much I wanted to say thank you. We went through 5 different worlds on servers because mods changed too much and we knew what we wanted but couldn't find it. Then I dug through and found this mod and it hit the spot. This is our new favorite mod on our server so many "Vanilla" fixes we wish were in the game. Two changes I'm thinking of making if I can - lower the player level for mastery perks a bit, and make books disappear again after reading. Is there a way for me to make these changes while keeping your mod? I'm new to this type of thing. (We're keeping the mod regardless if I can or not.) This is probably a mod we'll keep with us every time we play. Thank you for your many hours of work into it.

Edit: Also looking for a way to remove (or at least nerf) the amount of corpses left behind. I love them but getting too many complaints from others on my server that it's making them lag up. 

Edited by MrMalicious (see edit history)

is there a way to edit the damage for steel and stainless steel i was using a mod called max damage for steel that increase the structure defense from vanilla to a much higher amount but i'm trying to reduce my mods would like to add a line or to into this mod to make things stronger for building blocks

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 6:04 AM, MonolithPreacher said:

Hello Riles! I would like to thank you for making this mod its awesome and i enjoy it alot! But i have a question how do i remove Entity Death plus? 

Hello! The entity death is a problem, but it is fixed for the future. I'm getting closer to publishing 2.0 of vanilla plus which is basically a serious revamp and adds corrections and removes useless features (like zombie guts and crap). I can hand you a "beta" version of 2.0.... AND/OR under entityclasses.xml there are a few lines related to how long a corpse sticks around and what is left behind. Just delete those.

8 hours ago, chikuwa said:

Thank you as always
I would like to play with only ALL BLOCKS. Please tell me how. 

Well, in the version of my mod that you have, that would be extremely difficult and tedious. For the 2.0 I'm trying to wrap up with, you may find it more to your likings. But with 2.0, the code is organized so well that you can easily FIND the other features and remove them.

12 hours ago, Riles said:

Hello! The entity death is a problem, but it is fixed for the future. I'm getting closer to publishing 2.0 of vanilla plus which is basically a serious revamp and adds corrections and removes useless features (like zombie guts and crap). I can hand you a "beta" version of 2.0.... AND/OR under entityclasses.xml there are a few lines related to how long a corpse sticks around and what is left behind. Just delete those.

Well, in the version of my mod that you have, that would be extremely difficult and tedious. For the 2.0 I'm trying to wrap up with, you may find it more to your likings. But with 2.0, the code is organized so well that you can easily FIND the other features and remove them.

Thank you for the answer and yeah i found and edited the entityclasses.xml my issues is that the zombie bodies disappear too fast and i dont know which line to edit.
Also it depends how soon are you able to release 2.0 if its like 6 months then i would appreciate you if you send me the 2.0 Beta. Thanks in advance! ❤️

perhaps this line of code will help? Zombie bodies I believe default is 30 seconds. This code below puts it to a minute and gives some other time examples.

Publishing I am hoping will be done by the end of next week.

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieTemplateMale']/property[@name='TimeStayAfterDeath']/@value">60</set> <!--Seconds, 1200 = 20 minutes, 600 = 10 minutes, 300 = 5 minutes, etc.-->

9 hours ago, Riles said:

perhaps this line of code will help? Zombie bodies I believe default is 30 seconds. This code below puts it to a minute and gives some other time examples.

Publishing I am hoping will be done by the end of next week.

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieTemplateMale']/property[@name='TimeStayAfterDeath']/@value">60</set> <!--Seconds, 1200 = 20 minutes, 600 = 10 minutes, 300 = 5 minutes, etc.-->

Cheers! ❤️ and good luck on your mod! Have a fantastic day! ❤️ 

• 2 months later...

I'm using version 1.00.
I'm currently using it on a multi-server, and I'm wondering if it's possible in 1.00 to keep gore blocks out or make them disappear in time?
In blocks.xml <! --After Entity Deaths--> to </append> in blocks.xml.
I've confirmed that the gore blocks will no longer appear, but when I put them in operation, the current blocks are replaced by stone blocks and cannot be changed.
Do I have to upgrade the version? Also, is there an error when I upgrade to a running multi-server?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Oh my goodness! I just realized I have NOT been updating this page.... 

I recommend contacting me on Discord as I am easier to get a hold of, but it is up to you.  https://discord.gg/Vm5eyW6N4r

1.) I do have a very different and updated version of this mod, HOWEVER, it is bad to update it to an existing world. You would want to start new with it.

2.) IF you don't want to start a new world, here is what I recommend:

Step 1: Under blocks.xml, put those lines of code back in. <--this may fix those stone blocks that has appeared.

Step 2: Under entityclasses.xml, delete the section that is titled with: <!--gore blocks after death-->

-This will stop NEW gore blocks from showing up.

And that "should" do it! Let me know if this works or need help with translating my words.

Edited by Riles (see edit history)