Riles Vanilla Plus

AuroraGiggleFairy

Hi @Riles, I use your HUD mod on my dedi server and I love the look of the extra blocks in this mod. However, I already have a bunch of other block changes in my own mods and I would need to avoid compatibility issues.. Would you mind if I pull some of this mod out to take only the bits I would like to add? I'm more than happy to provide credit. I'll understand if you'd rather keep your work in its original form.

9 minutes ago, saminal said:

Hi @Riles, I use your HUD mod on my dedi server and I love the look of the extra blocks in this mod. However, I already have a bunch of other block changes in my own mods and I would need to avoid compatibility issues.. Would you mind if I pull some of this mod out to take only the bits I would like to add? I'm more than happy to provide credit. I'll understand if you'd rather keep your work in its original form.

I think this one can't claim authorship because this "modlet" has no assets and these are purely xml changes according to the author's fantasy

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

1 minute ago, CrazyAluminum said:

I think this one can't claim authorship because this "modlet" has no assets and these are purely xml changes according to the author's fantasy

I attach a value to the effort they've put in to writing the XML.  It's courtesy to ask people before using or adapting their work.

3 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

has no assets and these are purely xml changes

You say that like its a bad thing. 😛 

3 hours ago, saminal said:

Would you mind if I pull some of this mod out to take only the bits I would like to add?

I would love it if you could utilize my mod in a way that works for you! And I appreciate the recognition! Good luck sorting through it though.... it is a bit weird what I came up with for some of it.  If you need help finding the parts that don't mesh well, I would be happy to lend a hand. 🙂

Come to think of it, I have several other people's mods on my server... I don't claim them as my own, but I haven't given them official credit! GASP! I will correct this! We modders got to stick together!

1 hour ago, Riles said:

I would love it if you could utilize my mod in a way that works for you! And I appreciate the recognition! Good luck sorting through it though.... it is a bit weird what I came up with for some of it.  If you need help finding the parts that don't mesh well, I would be happy to lend a hand. 🙂

Come to think of it, I have several other people's mods on my server... I don't claim them as my own, but I haven't given them official credit! GASP! I will correct this! We modders got to stick together!

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I already had an idea for what I was going to do, but then when I saw your mod had already done it and more it didn't seem to make sense to go over the same ground. I've done some steel bars, and made recipes for POI doors and working versions of POI lighting, so that's the sort of thing I'll be skipping. I'll hit you up if I get stuck, thanks!

18 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

If you see "Open in new window" in ... , click it

Screenshot_1.png

Unfortunately I don't have that option to 'open in new window'. Seems a common problem with google drive. I mostly get my mods from Nexus or Mod Launcher.

spacer.png

Edit: Accidentally found you can download the mod so long as you're NOT logged in to Google, wut! 🙃

Edited by SMiThaYe (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Riles said:

There is something political about Nexus mod versus on the forums that I don't know much about. Can anyone enlighten me? I do have my mods on both nexus and on here.

Not at all apart from you needing a free Nexus account, premium is simply an option for faster downloads - if anything it's better to use GitLab or GitHub as it will then integrate into the mod launcher and streamers prefer that option.

I've been getting mods from Nexus since 2009 and wasn't aware you had your file there, I followed the forum link advertising your mod on 7daystodiemods.com and always check out the forum link than simply downloading it. Has to be said that the official forum here does load very slow in the UK region since the revamp, in that case I use the direct link.

Honestly didn't know you had your mods on Nexus, would be helpful to have link listed in your OP. And here's Xyth's post if you had any doubts about Nexus: 

1 hour ago, TomGun42 said:

love this mod, only wish you were able to have the higher steel leveled blocks and have some form of polish to upgrade the steel (server side of course), great work

Hello Tom! Thanks for the feedback. The older game version mechanic of steel to stainless steel is indeed still in the files. However, I tend to side on not bringing it back. I can be convinced, but let me tell you my thoughts about why I haven't done it.

• First, if you want the look, you can always paint it. In my servers, I make the dev paint brush buildable, so people can paint without needing paint.
  • Second, the current mechanic, when the steel block breaks, it turns into the reinforced concrete. I personally felt that was plenty strong for a block.
  • Third, the devs have managed to reduce the upgrade path significantly, and I really liked that, so adding another block may be counterproductive.
  • And finally Fourth, Steel is already expensive, and I like not requiring more resources to get the maxed block.

If you have further thoughts/reasonings, please share. The best mods are the ones that utilize input from players. 🙂

Thank you for replying.

Fun pimps haven't exactly done a great job of late game/high game state play. You get to a certain point and horde nights are just a breeze and boring. That's where some modders and new modders have brought in tougher zombies (and in my case I've made zombies doing massive damage) to make late game still fun. Steel blocks are ok but don't last too long when the "boss" zombies come out to play. 

There is a mod out there for the st steel however because of all the extra pieces you provide it doesn't like it. Your mod is awesome, no denying that and I'd expect any server that has bigger stronger zombies would like to have stronger blocks but they require alot of resources to make. This in turn makes higher gamestate still worth playing instead of getting bored.

😉

Ok, I went a little crazy. All 153 blocks in my mod can now be upgraded to Stainless Steel.... utilizing 10 of the polish... They each even downgrade correctly to R-Concrete. 

But the big question is.... keep Polish available the way it was back in A16? Only through traders/loot? Or to make it craftable. That is the big question now. Thoughts? 

Good day Riles

A small problem with update 1.05 .. I went into my game after updating mod from 1.04 to 1.05 and lost some stuff .. biggest issue was stairs that were upgraded. Had to move a door because stairs had vanished or something.

2 pictures attached .. hoping it explains the " or something " part. ( I could Not put the stairs back in the same spot ) thank goodness I had room on the inside to move the door and stairs back 1 block.

"Could"  place a frame down or even a solid block .. but there was no way to get the stairs to go back. Must have had something to do with all the changes within the mod. But All is good, maybe a bit to much was added.

Take Care and Be Safe ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2020.10.19 - 12.52.21.99.png

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_10.19_-_12_53_07_93.png

20 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

A small problem with update 1.05

Hello! Good catch! I uh..... meant to post a warning about applying this patch to an existing save. There might be another way to "fix it" in game, but so far what I have found to do is to go into God Mode, and then position myself inside the terrain/walls, and "rebuild" my blocks where it wouldn't let me. It seems to do with blocks that had railings in which this would happen.  I believe because I "reorganized" the xml file and the order of the blocks changed is why this occurred. Thanks for catching this! Sorry for the confusion!

On 10/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, Riles said:

Ok, I went a little crazy. All 153 blocks in my mod can now be upgraded to Stainless Steel.... utilizing 10 of the polish... They each even downgrade correctly to R-Concrete. 

But the big question is.... keep Polish available the way it was back in A16? Only through traders/loot? Or to make it craftable. That is the big question now. Thoughts? 

Hey Riles, any thing I can help with sorting out the st steel? (you know way more than me but im trying)

On 10/19/2020 at 6:52 AM, TomGun42 said:

I'd say make it craftable but add things like silver into it, make the player work hard to get it, play the long game

Ok, here is what I ended up doing. But first, thanks for the offers and help! After looking at the old system and looking up actual ingredients for polishing steel.... lol.  This is what I did.

1. It takes 1 bottle of Steel Polish to upgrade a Steel Block to a Stainless Steel Block.

2. You can craft it only after finding the schematic... which is available where ever "rare books/mods/schematics" is available in the game.

3. You can find polish in loot that has "rare ores" "air drop" "broken chem stations" "some rare working stiff boxes" etc. But keyword is you "can" find. Just not often and not a lot.

4. To craft it, after looking a lot of crap up and staring at all the options, I came up with this:

A. You make 10 at a time.

B. Requires 2 Awesome Sauce, 5 Recogs, 10 gunpowder, 10 oil, and 10 animal fat.

....This means, 10 acids, and 10 honeys as the "rarer" ingredients.

Complicated to explain, but not too complicated in action.... maybe.

Thoughts?