all this running at the start may cause new players to rage quit

ElCabong

8 hours ago, Roland said:

Hmmmm...classic burnout behavior...

;)

Oh not at all. I want to get enough money to buy the pistol or the bow the trader has for sale and that will take three or four quest that I want to get done that day. I don't have time to explore.

When I get burned out, I quit playing the game until a new release.

I don't have a duck on this pond, I hardly ever do any quests, and none so far in a19.

Worth considering that with the Drink/Food consumption changes in a19, long runs to starter quests could wind up with new players facing severe hunger/thirst that first night. Could be intended or just an ok consequence, no idea.

And just guessing from what I've read about a19 quests, but sounds like if anyone was coaching a new player, they'd tell them to go for the dig quests out of the gate, for the food/drink. Or maybe all the T1 quests go to pois that are basically certain to provide some food/drink.

9 hours ago, FileMachete said:

I don't have a duck on this pond, I hardly ever do any quests, and none so far in a19.

Worth considering that with the Drink/Food consumption changes in a19, long runs to starter quests could wind up with new players facing severe hunger/thirst that first night. Could be intended or just an ok consequence, no idea.

And just guessing from what I've read about a19 quests, but sounds like if anyone was coaching a new player, they'd tell them to go for the dig quests out of the gate, for the food/drink. Or maybe all the T1 quests go to pois that are basically certain to provide some food/drink.

You want to do the tier-1 dig quests to get the food and seed recipes. Yes you get some food and stuff but most importantly are the recipes especially if you don't put any points into MasterChef or whatever it's called. I just got the recipe for meat stew. And prior I got the recipe for corn and potato seed so now I can start a farm and be self-sufficient in food in a few days. Took about 6 dig quests.

you really should take another look at doing these quests because you bringing some good money and the traders generally have something you could use. The clear quests and the clear/fetch quests have a treasure room in them that's full of good stuff. The safes aren't worth opening but the reinforced chests are.

It's also more fun to dig for clay for a quest than it is to dig clay for clay.

Not to mention, in my general experience, the dig quests are closer than the fetch/clear. That isn't to say that I haven't seen exceptions, just generally speaking.

The pro's for the dig quests early game make them far out weigh the fetch/clear quests, imho. 

That's just tier one though, tier two chest contents are kind of a joke.

16 hours ago, ElCabong said:

Oh not at all. I want to get enough money to buy the pistol or the bow the trader has for sale and that will take three or four quest that I want to get done that day. I don't have time to explore.

When I get burned out, I quit playing the game until a new release.

You need money and don´t want to run 1km for a quest? Go loot without quest. Also gets you money.

@ElCabong *insertyoudon´tsaymemehere* Still a viable solution. And playing on warrior, i do fine with a primitive bow, a bone knife and the blunderbuss during tier one quests until i get a minibike. You don´t need a pistol or better bow in the first week. And then you should have a vehicle anyways.

And you can get enough money for a pistol easy. Even without quests. You don´t do yourself a favor if you always need the most out of your gameplay. Ruins the fun. As you demonstrate with your problem here perfectly.

1 hour ago, ElCabong said:

You want to do the tier-1 dig quests to get the food and seed recipes. Yes you get some food and stuff but most importantly are the recipes especially if you don't put any points into MasterChef or whatever it's called. I just got the recipe for meat stew. And prior I got the recipe for corn and potato seed so now I can start a farm and be self-sufficient in food in a few days. Took about 6 dig quests.

you really should take another look at doing these quests because you bringing some good money and the traders generally have something you could use. The clear quests and the clear/fetch quests have a treasure room in them that's full of good stuff. The safes aren't worth opening but the reinforced chests are.

It's also more fun to dig for clay for a quest than it is to dig clay for clay.

That's pretty much what I'd cobbled together from various, thanks for putting it all in one place. 🙂

Questing, in any game I've played, just isn't my thing. I don't think I've ever even completed the main storyline in Skyrim.

Being perfectly honest, if I'd started playing 7dtd after Traders were added they might not bug me as much, but I didn't, and they do, heh.

I've done numerous playthroughs without even going into one. Those used to be pretty indistinguishable(spelling bad tired) from using the trader.

Main reason for my stubborness is that from the first I was concerned that they would become pretty much required, not optional, and unfortunately, that's how they've been progressing. My opinion is that you should be able to ignore all traders and still have access to the entire game, except trader given quests, and choosing that route shouldn't be enormously more difficult.

The seed & food recipes are a good example. From my admittedly brief time in a19exp (first game day 23?)(2nd/current game day 16) I've yet to loot the corn seed recipe, and only looted the potato seed recipe after the second horde in the first game.

I did find pumpkin seed & pumpkin bread recipes the first week in current game, but I have absolutely no idea where to find pumpkins to make seeds. I even looked into the Prefabs folder, but there are no "pumpkinfield" pois like there are corn/potato/blueberry. Even the new park with the fountain, hops/blueberry/potato/etc plants to harvest but no pumpkins. Guessing in order to have pumpkins you have to first loot a pumpkin seed to get started.

I did look at living off the land, and it only costs a few points to learn how to craft all the seeds, but, based solely on my looting so far, the schematics for the food recipes are also quite rare, so likely another 4? points to buy masterchef lvl2.

While those 8 points guarantee self sufficency, vegetable stew, and the dig quests may not drop the right schematics for veggie stew, they might, and with no points spent.

...falling alseep, so have to leave this here. Appreciate the info/tips :)

I'm not a new player, and im in my middle age lifetime.  I rather enjoy the running around.  Gives me a feel of how big the world in game actually is, why sometimes open space is important.   Having to worry about sight lines every time I live in the cities is something i rather not do in solo games.

Archived