Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Scyris

Scyris

14 hours ago, ElCabong said:

Yes and no. It's not hard if you find a working workbench, that might take a while. You also need to get a wrench to get the materials you need and sometimes getting both of these might take quite a while.

I am talking about people new to the game where all this running is boring.

You do not need a workbench at all to make a bike. All parts and the bike itself can be made in the inventory.

4 hours ago, Feycat said:

Honey, people kept playing long before vehicles were even in the game. Running for a while isn't going to make them quit, it hasn't before. I'm betting lots of us here remember the minibike being added. Actually, most of my games we never even used it because it was buggy as hell.

lol yeah, I rarely used it, because more than half the time it'd poof thru the world in a single player game with all my loot in it, sure I can cheat one back, but 3 rows of loot to cheat back and not remembering exactly what I had was the problem.

Funny thing is, I play 0 intel games, only int perk I get is adv engineering 1, so I can start forge up on day 1, if grease monkey only needed the base int though I'd be very tempted to get that right away. Skill points are precious early game, I got more important things to get. Now if I can find a pair of those int+1 glasses, you can then equip those, learn grease monkey 1, make a bike, then take them off, so it only costs a skill point. Anyway I often don't have a vehicle of any kind till day 6 or later. Intel to me is a wasted stat, it doesn't really have anything of value you cannot easly get elsewhere, and early game I get str to 5, miner 69'er to 4, sex t-rex to 3, and then clubs or sledge up, then I get agility to 5, and the sneak improving skill to 3 asap. Those are my first few day priorities. Lower stam use=lower food use. even with sex t-rex 3 though you will run out of stamina using a iron tool, it just takes a bit longer.

Scyris

Scyris

14 hours ago, ElCabong said:

Yes and no. It's not hard if you find a working workbench, that might take a while. You also need to get a wrench to get the materials you need and sometimes getting both of these might take quite a while.

I am talking about people new to the game where all this running is boring.

You do not need a workbench at all to make a bike. All parts and the bike itself can be made in the inventory.

4 hours ago, Feycat said:

Honey, people kept playing long before vehicles were even in the game. Running for a while isn't going to make them quit, it hasn't before. I'm betting lots of us here remember the minibike being added. Actually, most of my games we never even used it because it was buggy as hell.

lol yeah, I rarely used it, because more than half the time it'd poof thru the world in a single player game with all my loot in it, sure I can cheat one back, but 3 rows of loot to cheat back and not remembering exactly what I had was the problem.