Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Scyris

Scyris

Loot in a19 has basically been turned into some linear garbage, till GS 35 or so, your never going to find anything other than stone tools, primitive bow, bone knifes, and scrap armor. By GS 20-25 or so you'll find these items mostly at quality 6. A bit after gs 31 qual 1 iron stuff can start showing up, then by a later gs you'll always find qual 5-6 in every container. Then it repeats a 3rd time with the next tier up of loot. Its a garbage system thats completly boring, removes ALL fun from looting, as you get the same crap every game no matter what. They need to go back to how a18 did it, quality 4-6 stuff was very rare, but loot was random, you could find iron or steel tools if your lucky on day 1, or find a workbench schematic early etc. A19's loot system removed all that and its the same boring carbon copy loot path every game. Even what schematics you find are locked in by the game stage.

I hope they go back to a18 loot in 19.1, as it'd just be copying loot.xml from a18 and adding the new items, because when its out of experimental I can see the mass complaining about the new crap loot system they puked out. The system would work fine in a LINEAR RPG, but 7 days to die is supposed to be a survival zombie apoc sandbox pretty much, not a linear rpg. The loot system has pretty much removed the sandbox randomness they usually have and turned it into a linear piece of crap.

3 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

I hate the loot system so much.

Pretty much everyone hates a19's loot system, and want it to go back to a18 at least. As I said in my other post A18's loot was fun, you never knew what you were going to find, and it made looting intersting, a19 hits, and now I am ignoring many loot containers till higher  gamestage because I know all its going to have is garbage like stone tools and such that are of no value to me. I get miner 69'er to 3/4 very early in my games, so I am usually running around with quality 4 or 5 iron tools by day 3 or 4 that I crafted, making pretty much every loot container till after day 7 or 8 completly pointless for me to open.

I tend to get str to 5, sex t-rex to 3, miner 69'er to 4, and club or sledgehammer to 3 asap, then I get agility to 5, and the sneak improving perk to 3. I only spend 1 point in intel and thats for adv engineering 1, for early forge access. You can fight the day 7 and 14 hordes with a melee weapon, Hell I do it hiding behind literally 1 block between me and the horde, I just have a tool on me and mats to fix that one block so they never get through it.

They also could go back to learn by doing and do it right this time, take the weapon/mining tools perks we have now, instead of having them locked to stats, have learn by doing, and the perk levels still set what quality of that weapon type you can craft, except now you have to raise the skill, at 1 skill u can get level 1 of the perk, 20 is 2, 40 (or 30) is 3, 60 (or 50) is 4, and 80 (or 60) is level 5 the perks themselves can be the same ones we have now in a19 just locked to learn by doing instead of stats. A mod I like darkness falls uses this type of progression and it works great. Hell that mod has thrown the stats in the trash can entirely as it was a stupid concept from the get go.

Scyris

Scyris

Loot in a19 has basically been turned into some linear garbage, till GS 35 or so, your never going to find anything other than stone tools, primitive bow, bone knifes, and scrap armor. By GS 20-25 or so you'll find these items mostly at quality 6. A bit after gs 31 qual 1 iron stuff can start showing up, then by a later gs you'll always find qual 5-6 in every container. Then it repeats a 3rd time with the next tier up of loot. Its a garbage system thats completly boring, removes ALL fun from looting, as you get the same crap every game no matter what. They need to go back to how a18 did it, quality 4-6 stuff was very rare, but loot was random, you could find iron or steel tools if your lucky on day 1, or find a workbench schematic early etc. A19's loot system removed all that and its the same boring carbon copy loot path every game. Even what schematics you find are locked in by the game stage.

I hope they go back to a18 loot in 19.1, as it'd just be copying loot.xml from a18 and adding the new items, because when its out of experimental I can see the mass complaining about the new crap loot system they puked out. The system would work fine in a LINEAR RPG, but 7 days to die is supposed to be a survival zombie apoc sandbox pretty much, not a linear rpg. The loot system has pretty much removed the sandbox randomness they usually have and turned it into a linear piece of crap.

3 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

I hate the loot system so much.

Pretty much everyone hates a19's loot system, and want it to go back to a18 at least. As I said in my other post A18's loot was fun, you never knew what you were going to find, and it made looting intersting, a19 hits, and now I am ignoring many loot containers till higher  gamestage because I know all its going to have is garbage like stone tools and such that are of no value to me. I get miner 69'er to 3/4 very early in my games, so I am usually running around with quality 4 or 5 iron tools by day 3 or 4 that I crafted, making pretty much every loot container till after day 7 or 8 completly pointless for me to open.

I tend to get str to 5, sex t-rex to 3, miner 69'er to 4, and club or sledgehammer to 3 asap, then I get agility to 5, and the sneak improving perk to 3. I only spend 1 point in intel and thats for adv engineering 1, for early forge access. You can fight the day 7 and 14 hordes with a melee weapon, Hell I do it hiding behind literally 1 block between me and the horde, I just have a tool on me and mats to fix that one block so they never get through it.

They also could go back to learn by doign and do it right this time, take the weapon/mining tools perks we have now, instead of having them locked to stats, have learn by doing, and the perk levels still set what quality of that weapon type you can craft, except now you have to raise the skill, at 1 skill u can get level 1 of the perk, 20 is 2, 40 (or 30) is 3, 60 (or 50) is 4, and 80 (or 60) is level 5. A mod I like darkness falls uses this type of progression and it works great. Hell that mod has thrown the stats in the trash can entirely as it was a stupid concept from the get go.