Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Boidster

Boidster

13 minutes ago, Solomon said:

You might have noticed that this has become quite reoccurring as people in general dont like the new forced linear loot system.

Yes, I might have noticed that. 🙄 That comment is particularly amusing in a thread which starts "Am I the only one..."

1 hour ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

Either my luck has gone sour or something has been done to slow down the pace of loot progression.

OP appeared to not understand why on Day 7 he was still getting lower-tier loot even with Lucky Looter and goggles etc. I was only trying to explain to him why this is happening. It seems likely, given how he appears to dislike much about A17-A19, that now that he understands this is an intentional change (not a bug in A19) he will join the chorus of discontent.

13 minutes ago, Solomon said:

His points are perfectly valid, you can only do 2 things currently in A19:

You absolutely can choose to limit your options to just two. Everybody plays the game in the way they prefer. My preference is to loot everything just as always, knowing that there are literally thousands of lootable objects in the game and it's not like I'm going to run out before GS12. As well, the primitive/stone age implements are proving pretty effective for me - moreso than in A18. I don't particularly miss finding pistols and ammo, or a steel tool, on Day 3. Not when I can one-shot Moe/Bloated Walker with a primitive bow and iron arrows and a little Hidden Strike.

As you say, it's perfectly valid for you to think otherwise.

Boidster

Boidster

12 minutes ago, Solomon said:

You might have noticed that this has become quite reoccurring as people in general dont like the new forced linear loot system.

Yes, I might have noticed that. 🙄

Either my luck has gone sour or something has been done to slow down the pace of loot progression.

OP appeared to not understand why on Day 7 he was still getting lower-tier loot even with Lucky Looter and goggles etc. I was only trying to explain to him why this is happening. It seems likely, given how he appears to dislike much about A17-A19, that now that he understands this is an intentional change (not a bug in A19) he will join the chorus of discontent.

12 minutes ago, Solomon said:

You absolutely can choose to limit your options to just two. Everybody plays the game in the way they prefer. My preference is to loot everything just as always, knowing that there are literally thousands of lootable objects in the game and it's not like I'm going to run out before GS12. As well, the primitive/stone age implements are proving pretty effective for me - moreso than in A18. I don't particularly miss finding pistols and ammo, or a steel tool, on Day 3. Not when I can one-shot Moe/Bloated Walker with a primitive bow and iron arrows and a little Hidden Strike.

Boidster

Boidster

2 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Yes, I might have noticed that. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Solomon said:

You absolutely can choose to limit your options to just two. Everybody plays the game in the way they prefer. My preference is to loot everything just as always, knowing that there are literally thousands of lootable objects in the game and it's not like I'm going to run out before GS12. As well, the primitive/stone age implements are proving pretty effective for me - moreso than in A18. I don't particularly miss finding pistols and ammo, or a steel tool, on Day 3.