Edit History

Scyris

Scyris

17 minutes ago, meganoth said:

You don't like it when they are too dump to find the open door, but you also don't like it when they find your doors.  Can we just summarize your opinion to "I don't like it whatever it is"? 😀

The zombie not going to your open door is simply the result of many people having demanded more randomized behaviour of zombies (it was not the only reason, but part of it). So now some of them get in a rage and hit whatever is in front of them. Don't tell me you haven't seen lots and lots of zombies going through open doors immediately.

This zombie hitting the wall beside your open door is evidence of this randomizing AI and no bug.

About avoiding traps: If you are talking about spike traps and barbed wire, put them flush with the ground (i.e. put them in 1 block deep ditches) and they won't be avoided.

Either 1 block deep ditches, or in the path they "have" to take to force them to walk thru them. Otherwise they'll just shimmy around them.

As for the AI i've seen this too, not every zombie is a smart zombie in a19, some of them are randomly dumb as rocks, that zombie mention there was one of the dumb ones. Its a random chance on spawn whether they are smart or stupid, and normal or feral impacts this, ferals then to be a bit smarter than non-ferals as a whole.

So far best thing I like in a19 other than the graphics (great job there btw), is the random zombie behaviors when they fall/break doors, I've had zombies fall from the cieling then fall on their butts right in front of me. I've also had ones bust doors down then come thru the door and fall over. Its a nice touch and its random enough that its neat when it happens. The auto shotgun and desert vulture are nice. Loot system is as i've said completly trash and needs to go back to a18 to bring the fun back to looting again.

Scyris

Scyris

16 minutes ago, meganoth said:

You don't like it when they are too dump to find the open door, but you also don't like it when they find your doors.  Can we just summarize your opinion to "I don't like it whatever it is"? 😀

The zombie not going to your open door is simply the result of many people having demanded more randomized behaviour of zombies (it was not the only reason, but part of it). So now some of them get in a rage and hit whatever is in front of them. Don't tell me you haven't seen lots and lots of zombies going through open doors immediately.

This zombie hitting the wall beside your open door is evidence of this randomizing AI and no bug.

About avoiding traps: If you are talking about spike traps and barbed wire, put them flush with the ground (i.e. put them in 1 block deep ditches) and they won't be avoided.

Either 1 block deep ditches, or in the path they "have" to take to force them to walk thru them. Otherwise they'll just shimmy around them.