Edit History

Boidster

Boidster

21 minutes ago, FileMachete said:

You might be onto something, maybe there isn't a low-rez imposter for Stumps? Could be it got missed or wasn't needed initially (I _think_ stumps were easier to find in earlier alphas?).

I am currently testing this out. I think the above guess is correct - the stump does not have an imposter (or it is broken). The address for the Model parameter for the stump is weird and different from similar blocks, e.g. the iron node. Similar to cacti, though, so I'm playing with both.

I have successfully replaced the stump with ACs though (still chops as wood, returns honey). My goal is to find an impostor - like a wood pillar perhaps - to use for stumps while keeping the stump visual when close. There is an ImposterExchange parameter for many blocks; I need to play with it to see if it really swaps in a different imposter.

ETA: in my game the stump is visible from 21 blocks away, disappears at 22 blocks.

Boidster

Boidster

17 minutes ago, FileMachete said:

You might be onto something, maybe there isn't a low-rez imposter for Stumps? Could be it got missed or wasn't needed initially (I _think_ stumps were easier to find in earlier alphas?).

I am currently testing this out. I think the above guess is correct - the stump does not have an imposter (or it is broken). The address for the Model parameter for the stump is weird and different from similar blocks, e.g. the iron node. Similar to cacti, though, so I'm playing with both.

I have successfully replaced the stump with ACs though (still chops as wood, returns honey). My goal is to find an impostor - like a wood pillar perhaps - to use for stumps while keeping the stump visual when close. There is an ImposterExchange parameter for many blocks; I need to play with it to see if it really swaps in a different imposter.