Edit History

Boidster

Boidster

23 minutes ago, ubai said:

but antibiotics are incredibly rare in the early game.

I kind of look at this as a preview of TFP's future adjustment to biome difficulty. So, you think it's bad now, just wait! 🙂

I absolutely do not travel through vulture country any more until I have a stock of antibiotics and splints. And a shotgun if at all possible. Always have the shotgun fully loaded and as the active weapon before boarding the vehicle. Hear or see a vulture? Immediately hop off and kill it. It kind of reminds me of A15 where I just did not go near the wasteland unless I was well-heeled in both weaponry and healing items. A17-A18 were a bit more free-wheeling and I explored all over without too much fear. A19 has brought some of the fear back for sure.

I agree that damage debuff types ought to be a bit more differentiated between different animal/zombie types. Vultures maybe ought not to break bones, but I'm fine with higher infection chance and lacerations from the pointy beak. Bears ought to break bones much more often than any other critter except maybe a demolisher explosion. And so on.

And a vulture attack bringing a motorized vehicle to a near-complete stop? Hmmm...🤨 Maybe needs a little balance.

Boidster

Boidster

17 minutes ago, ubai said:

but antibiotics are incredibly rare in the early game.

I kind of look at this as a preview of TFP's future adjustment to biome difficulty. So, you think it's bad now, just wait! 🙂

I absolutely do not travel through vulture country any more until I have a stock of antibiotics and splints. And a shotgun if at all possible. Always have the shotgun fully loaded and as the active weapon before boarding the vehicle. Hear or see a vulture? Immediately hop off and kill it. It kind of reminds me of A15 where I just did not go near the wasteland unless I was well-heeled in both weaponry and healing items. A17-A18 were a bit more free-wheeling and I explored all over without too much fear. A19 has brought some of the fear back for sure.

I agree that damage debuff types ought to be a bit more differentiated between different animal/zombie types. Vultures maybe ought not to break bones, but I'm fine with higher infection chance and lacerations from the pointy beak. Bears ought to break bones much more often than any other critter except maybe a demolisher explosion. And so on.