Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Teacyn

Teacyn

Other than a Pickaxe (and a Hammer since I guess that's an Iron tool) I basically totally skipped Iron tools in my A19 experimental run. I found a level 6 stone shovel on like day 8 and it was strictly better than an iron one (it did a tiny bit less block damage, instantly resolved by putting the grave buster mod + a few others on it) until they were like, level 4 or so, and at that point I was basically to Steel tools so I didn't even bother. Same happened with the Iron fireaxe, except the stone axe was only level 3. Iron tools are not worth the swing speed decreases and the massive jumps in stamina cost. Back when getting a level 5-6 stone tool basically wasn't a thing Iron tools were great because all your stone tools were weak as @%$*#!, but now that you can get a level 6 stone shovel a week in there's no reason to ever touch iron tools (except for the Pickaxe and hammer).

Teacyn

Teacyn

Other than a Pickaxe (and a Hammer since I guess that's an Iron tool) I basically totally skipped Iron tools in my A19 experimental run. I found a level 6 stone shovel on like day 8 and it was strictly better than an iron one (it did a tiny bit less block damage, instantly resolved by putting the grave buster mod + a few others on it) until they were like, level 4 or so, and at that point I was basically to Steel tools so I didn't even bother. Same happened with the Iron fireaxe, except the stone axe was only level 3. Iron tools are not worth the swing speed decreases and the massive jumps in stamina cost. Back when getting a level 5-6 stone tool basically wasn't a thing Iron tools were great because all your stone tools were weak as @%$*#!, but now that you can get a level 6 stone shovel a week in there's no reason to ever touch iron tools.