Edit History

Tahaan

Tahaan

14 minutes ago, Roland said:

But show me how it’s a different issue. 

Because of what I'm saying.

The model semantically means the opposite of TFPs official standpoint.  Whether it is effective as a weapon or not is irrelevant.

Let me give you another example:

If TFP said Spears were meant to be used as ranged weapons, and the spear model was a mace (which looks like it would be effective as a melee weapon) and I reported that the semantic meaning of the object - being a mace - conflicts with the intended purpose of the item - a spear - you would better understand it.  Of course if it is fun then let people use the spear as a melee weapon, it looks like a mace after all and we are not min-maxing, but the meaning is still wrong.

Tahaan

Tahaan

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

But show me how it’s a different issue. 

Because of what I'm saying.

The model semantically means the opposite of TFPs official standpoint.  Whether it is effective as a weapon or not is irrelevant.

Let me give you another example:

If TFP said Spears were meant to be used as ranged weapons, and the spear model was mace (which looks like it would be effective as a melee weapon) and I reported that the semantic meaning of the object - being a mace - conflicts with the intended purpose of the item - a spear - you would better understand it.  Of course if it is fun then let people use the spear as a melee weapon, it looks like a mace after all and we are not min-maxing, but the meaning is still wrong.