calebelt

The game should become more hardcore

More hardcore  

96 members have voted

1. 1. The game should be more hardcore?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

Well when you're expected to die every 3-5 minutes, we figure it will ease the frustration a little bit.

I've been running continuous insane hordes for 30 minutes straight, albeit right now I'm only GS 34 in my new base build design.

but 0 deaths so far.

Yeah, I do not get the OP, and some of what they said is incorrect. 

I now play on insane, always nightmare run speed, horde every night and 64 zombies... it is like a completely different game.  Only bad thing is now its kinda hard to go back lel. 

The only problem is that you need to either go with a no base build(eventually), exploit the zombie ai/pathfinding, find some way to limit base damage, or you use your quest locations as bases for the night.  Otherwise you are just spending all your time farming for the next horde instead of playing the game.

You can already make the game pretty hard, heh. 

I question how much the OP has messed with game settings (let alone custom rulesets or mods) if they think the blunderbus is useless and that the bow is all you need early game. 

But I would like to see the game become more hardcore. It'd be great if the game's meta would still be constantly evolving like it used to. But this was always going to happen at some point, wasn't it? That the game was just going to get refined and little things added and removed to bring a polished product? Personally I wish TFP would get to gold at some point and start work on another game because I really like their style but am burnt out on this one. Been seven years now, the vast vast majority of games would have gone gold already and we're still in alpha. 

• Knuckle Rub 1

On 10/30/2020 at 1:13 PM, IDNeon said:

I've been running continuous insane hordes for 30 minutes straight, albeit right now I'm only GS 34 in my new base build design.

but 0 deaths so far.

We have changed it now to keeping only the toolbelt.

• Like 1