Okay soo stone tools are everywhere...whats your opinion on this?

Ghostlight

Choose your answers well:  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How far in gamestages the stone age looting should stay?

• Gamestage zero, it shouldnt be lootable at all.
    • Gamestage 5, the earlier its gone the better.
    • Gamestage 10, default
    • Gamestage 15, i find it too short
    • gamestage 20+, i prefer cavemen survival
  2. 2. What kind of containers should actually have Stone Tools in them?

• None, they dont belong into the loot tables. (okay maybe arrows do but thats all)
    • Moldy backpacks, trash and their kind outside on the fields, because i can see someone getting mauled by a bear who thought a stone spear and axe will save them.
    • Furniture because we all have a stone hammer on our nightstands.
    • Sealed crates, i heard the neigboor has just ordered 13 pristine stone hammers for his collection of prehistoric weaponary.
    • Safes, im sure i can fit atleast 7 spears into this box smaller than my screen.
    • Zombies see answer 2.
    • Survivors cache, someone left this thing behind. I can totally see them just stashing away some stuff they dont necessearly need.
  3. 3. Should stone age loot (and in general all equipment loot) be increased?

• No, we have enough items already.
    • Yes, we need atleast 3 (or less) items for all ages, its boring how little variation we have.
    • Yes, we need atleast 4 (or more) items for all ages. I like when i feel like im in an rpg raining items like madness.

31 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Perhaps we won't be getting content heavy updates, aside from faction NPCs, because we are getting ever closer to a fixed design for full release and end of beta development?

I agree. The nearer 1.0 comes the less new stuff we will see. I'm already apprehensive about content like legendary weapons and the new event system. If TFP wants to release in 2021, there already are too many features in the assumed pipeline than they are able to handle.

I disagree. Like Xtrakicking said, even A18 didn't introduce much new content, it mostly fixed all the issues A17 brought up. 

There's a ton of things that are yet to be added. The main quest with Noah and The Duke, the bandits, the dynamic encounter system, legendary loot, gamestaged locations, radiated zones, special infected zombies... 

Don't get me wrong, every Alpha is a step towards the 1.0 release but it's been two years without anything major being added, and it looks like it's going to be at least another year. Vehicle mods and flintlock pistols are nice additions, but they are a band-aid to the lack of new content and mechanics. 

1 hour ago, beHypE said:

I disagree. Like Xtrakicking said, even A18 didn't introduce much new content, it mostly fixed all the issues A17 brought up. 

There's a ton of things that are yet to be added. The main quest with Noah and The Duke, the bandits, the dynamic encounter system, legendary loot, gamestaged locations, radiated zones, special infected zombies... 

Don't get me wrong, every Alpha is a step towards the 1.0 release but it's been two years without anything major being added, and it looks like it's going to be at least another year. Vehicle mods and flintlock pistols are nice additions, but they are a band-aid to the lack of new content and mechanics. 

The only thing in this list that is somewhat guaranteed are the bandits. And radiated zones plus gamestaged locations (two sides of essentially the same feature) are highly likely as they seem to be the goal of the RWG focus of A20.

15 minutes ago, meganoth said:

The only thing in this list that is somewhat guaranteed are the bandits. And radiated zones plus gamestaged locations (two sides of essentially the same feature) are highly likely as they seem to be the goal of the RWG focus of A20.

Well, some of those things are kickstarter promises, so I certainly hope they are guaranteed as well.

4 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

Well, some of those things are kickstarter promises, so I certainly hope they are guaranteed as well.

I missed that you had mentioned the story line which I think is strongly linked with NPC/bandits getting into the game. Yes, that will be in the game too. As far as Madmole is concerned he said repeatedly that bandits are the missing piece for release (and I think he probably meant this to include the story).

On 7/26/2020 at 2:29 AM, Xtrakicking said:

Uhh, yes you do... At least I know I certainly did; I found all my A19 pistols in toilets. Is it different in this new B173 patch?

Edit: I just checked. Confirmed you can still find guns (and knives!!!!) in toilets:

Maybe they didn't mean you could never find one, but on one of the dev streams someone said, "Now you won't be finding guns in toilets anymore"  or something similar. I assumed they meant they removed that from the games loot table. I have looted like 25 toilets and never found a gun or knife in one and I am on day 28 on my current game. Seems maybe I'm the unlucky one.

In general they need to scrap the loot system in a19 and put back in a18's system with the new items added to it. I dislike how linear the game is now, looting was FUN in a18 because you never know what you'd find, in A19 however, its the same crap every game at the same gamestage, it removed all the randomness and made it boring. The loot system in a19 is both: too linear, and its far to easy to get quality 4-6 items, ql 4-6 items should be very rare no matter what GS your at, not so common its in every single damn container.

I hope they switch it for a20, as i've lost almost all interest in the game in a19 due to the loot system they are using now. I think a19 is the least played alpha ever for me. The new loot system just completly ruined the game for me, and apparently for many others judging by how many people seem to dislike a19's loot system. The game lacks any real content, so the best content it actually had was a18's randomness of loot, and how finding certain things can be a game changer if found early, not to mention that feel good feeling when you find a quality 5 or 6 item in a18, which even at high gamestage is a very low chance.

I'm pretty much just going to skip a19 and hope they fix the loot back to how it was in a18 in a 19.1 update or even a20. It should be doable in a a 19.x update just copy over a18's system and just add in the new items.

Archived