Jump to content
Ghostlight

Okay soo stone tools are everywhere...whats your opinion on this?

Choose your answers well:  

70 members have voted

  1. 1. How far in gamestages the stone age looting should stay?

    • Gamestage zero, it shouldnt be lootable at all.
      23
    • Gamestage 5, the earlier its gone the better.
      12
    • Gamestage 10, default
      25
    • Gamestage 15, i find it too short
      6
    • gamestage 20+, i prefer cavemen survival
      4
  2. 2. What kind of containers should actually have Stone Tools in them?

    • None, they dont belong into the loot tables. (okay maybe arrows do but thats all)
      18
    • Moldy backpacks, trash and their kind outside on the fields, because i can see someone getting mauled by a bear who thought a stone spear and axe will save them.
      48
    • Furniture because we all have a stone hammer on our nightstands.
      9
    • Sealed crates, i heard the neigboor has just ordered 13 pristine stone hammers for his collection of prehistoric weaponary.
      14
    • Safes, im sure i can fit atleast 7 spears into this box smaller than my screen.
      10
    • Zombies see answer 2.
      22
    • Survivors cache, someone left this thing behind. I can totally see them just stashing away some stuff they dont necessearly need.
      35
  3. 3. Should stone age loot (and in general all equipment loot) be increased?

    • No, we have enough items already.
      45
    • Yes, we need atleast 3 (or less) items for all ages, its boring how little variation we have.
      12
    • Yes, we need atleast 4 (or more) items for all ages. I like when i feel like im in an rpg raining items like madness.
      13


Recommended Posts

For me it was day 3 or 4 so far. I was bored when i had everything on day 14 in previous alphas. Welcome change tbh. Just needs more diverse loot in early game.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With any luck it's the first step away from the Looter/Shooter trend lately. Running around gunning everything down from D1 is NOT what I want from the game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no fixed date for this expectation. You can find a gun on day 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Ghostlight said:

Because as alphas go, this one is boring the tits off me.

Surprised you have any tits left to fall off...lol

 

joking aside...toilet pistol on day 1 :)

 

There are also at times ive seen cheap grey quality guns for sale cheap at the trader if your lucky.

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

is the toilet pistol still a thing? I loot every container, and I have not seen one in this alpha.

Edited by Mday (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mday said:

is the toilet pistol still a thing? I loot every container, and I have not seen one in this alpha.

Is a small chance but yes its still there..

 

Edit: You can also find a knife now too... :)

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mday said:

is the toilet pistol still a thing? I loot every container, and I have not seen one in this alpha.

Yep, quite rare though. I've found two so far. Day 29 atm.
First one was very early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you cant at least make an AK by your first horde night, you are doing it wrong.  If you find a wrench,  you can make an AK.  Buy machine gun parts from traders or loot.

Edited by RyanX (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my latest play - I found a blunderbuss very early (day 2 or so), but no other gun until day 7 - just in time for the horde. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If finding a gun is what it takes to make the game engaging, then you are probably playing the wrong game.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game I'm playing now I found a gun on day one bought it from the traider on day 2. You can build a blunderbuss as soon as you find 4 short iron pipe, wood, and 2 glue.

 

The blunderbuss is underrated. it's not that good if you're in a area with restricted movement and a lot of zombies. but if you're in an open area where you can maneuver, it's fantastic.

 

It's great for hunting and chickens and pigs. Not sure about wabbit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

This game I'm playing now I found a gun on day one bought it from the traider on day 2. You can build a blunderbuss as soon as you find 4 short iron pipe, wood, and 2 glue.

 

The blunderbuss is underrated. it's not that good if you're in a area with restricted movement and a lot of zombies. but if you're in an open area where you can maneuver, it's fantastic.

 

It's great for hunting and chickens and pigs. Not sure about wabbit.

You can try using the buss on rabbits....if you want to know what it's like to roleplay Elmer Fudd...😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

You can try using the buss on rabbits....if you want to know what it's like to roleplay Elmer Fudd...😂

Lol, that happened to me this morning. I had just started a new game the very first trash pile I looted had a blunderbuss in it? How's that for luck?  Then I noticed chickens and went total Elmer fudd. I must have hunted for 10 minutes. The rabbit's managed to elude me. They would always get to the heavy bushes and I couldn't find them. Had plenty of feathers and some meat though.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A blunderbuss is a joke, not a gun.

14 hours ago, RyanX said:

If you cant at least make an AK by your first horde night, you are doing it wrong.  If you find a wrench,  you can make an AK.  Buy machine gun parts from traders or loot.

And if I've not found in loot and traders have no parts, how exactly am I doing it wrong?

  • Poop 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
8 minutes ago, Ghostlight said:

A blunderbuss is a joke, not a gun.

Have you tried it? I find it works rather well on warrior difficulty. Only becomes a problem if you're fighting a fast moving enemy and miss the first shot. The blunderbuss being useful is one of the few rays of light in the disappointment that is the new looting system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghostlight said:

A blunderbuss is a joke, not a gun.

And if I've not found in loot and traders have no parts, how exactly am I doing it wrong?

The blunderbus became really good in A19 as a close combat weapon for early game. Once you found two of them, put both in your toolbelt and cycle between them.

 

Traders don't respect the stone age mechanic, that's a known "bug". If you are lucky and have the dukes, you can buy an M60 there on day 1.

 

If you are able to find a gun depends on your gamestage, not on time or location. I don't know if there is a small chance from the start anyway, but the chance to find one seems to increase with the gamestage. I usually start finding pistols at a gamestage of around 10. Better weapons require higher gamestages. An AK i found from i think gamestage 30 on? I didn't especially look up my gamestage when i first find something.

 

You can look up the exact values in the xmls, but i don't remember where exactly it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RyanX said:

If you cant at least make an AK by your first horde night, you are doing it wrong.  If you find a wrench,  you can make an AK.  Buy machine gun parts from traders or loot.

Both of those are pure RNG, what is he supposed to do when neither the trader and the loot doesnt have machine gun parts or weapon parts in general?

 

The main problem of this alpha is that you can reach horde night without getting any single legit weaponary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solomon said:

Both of those are pure RNG, what is he supposed to do when neither the trader and the loot doesnt have machine gun parts or weapon parts in general?

Nope, they are not pure RNG anymore. RNG won't give you some, if you haven't reached a certain gamestage. In A19 (experimental), or are you still playing A18?

 

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

The main problem of this alpha is that you can reach horde night without getting any single legit weaponary.

Also no... well almost no. Since both bloodmoon and weapon drop rates scale with your gamestage, you won't encounter a very hard bloodmoon if you are not able to find weapons by your gamestage. Of course your gamestage may already allow you to find better weapons but you still haven't found some, then keep searching. In this case nothing changed, i'ts still is just RNG from this point.

I don't know what problems people have to need a gun for the first bloodmoon?! In earlier alphas (15, 16) it was just normal that you didn't have any ranged weapons for the first bloodmoon besids a bow and if you are lucky already advanced to iron arrows.

Usually the first bloodmoon is quite easy and can be done almost completely with spikes and not fireing one shot. Especially in A19 since progression was massively made slower. Isn't like the game throws radiateds on the player without him being able to find at least a pistol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found Q4 AK, Q3 assult rifle and a Q3 desert vulture at the trader on day 1. Also had found 2 treasure maps on the run to him, so

made a beeline for those. bought the AK (cheaper than the T3 gun, same dmg), and the vulture. And a Q3 mining helmet with lamp.

 

Sometimes RNG loves you, other times.....   😛

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The day 7 horde is over at 23:30. You can do it with arrows tbh. On any structure where they can´t get up to you that is not wood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Nope, they are not pure RNG anymore. RNG won't give you some, if you haven't reached a certain gamestage. In A19 (experimental), or are you still playing A18?

People are commenting left and right how its still possible to randomly loot shotguns on your first day.

 

46 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Also no... well almost no. Since both bloodmoon and weapon drop rates scale with your gamestage, you won't encounter a very hard bloodmoon if you are not able to find weapons by your gamestage. Of course your gamestage may already allow you to find better weapons but you still haven't found some, then keep searching. In this case nothing changed, i'ts still is just RNG from this point.

I don't know what problems people have to need a gun for the first bloodmoon?! In earlier alphas (15, 16) it was just normal that you didn't have any ranged weapons for the first bloodmoon besids a bow and if you are lucky already advanced to iron arrows.

Usually the first bloodmoon is quite easy and can be done almost completely with spikes and not fireing one shot. Especially in A19 since progression was massively made slower. Isn't like the game throws radiateds on the player without him being able to find at least a pistol.

My first bloodmoon horde in A18 on default spawn and difficulty resulted in 3 waves of 16 zombies each wave what demolished us (multiple new player mistakes). Im not sure about how the situation is currently but it seems kinda confirmed that if you dont raise your gamestage fast enough you can only hope for absolute luck to get weapons before the first horde strikes.

 

The alpha 15, 16 zombies were soo damm stupid you didnt actually needed any kind of guns, the new ones however can actually path to you well enough that if you dont try to come up with actual TD cheese strategies you might just die there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Solomon A19 is totally different again, wich he is talking about there. Like said above. Your first bloodmoon is over very soon. Easily doable with arrows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

A19 is totally different again, wich he is talking about there. Like said above. Your first bloodmoon is over very soon. Easily doable with arrows.

But hes not talking about how easy the bloodmoon is or not, that one was only brought up by me to illustrate my actual concerns on how the weapon drops tied to gamestage feel unnatural in the gameplay especially when you have forward memories about what to expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It´s fine in A19, you don´t need to skill lucky looter to the max to survive the first two bloodmoons, you don´t even need a gun for day 7. Even the third one doesn´t go on the whole night. Not even in MP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...