Okay soo stone tools are everywhere...whats your opinion on this?

Ghostlight

Choose your answers well:  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How far in gamestages the stone age looting should stay?

• Gamestage zero, it shouldnt be lootable at all.
    • Gamestage 5, the earlier its gone the better.
    • Gamestage 10, default
    • Gamestage 15, i find it too short
    • gamestage 20+, i prefer cavemen survival
  2. 2. What kind of containers should actually have Stone Tools in them?

• None, they dont belong into the loot tables. (okay maybe arrows do but thats all)
    • Moldy backpacks, trash and their kind outside on the fields, because i can see someone getting mauled by a bear who thought a stone spear and axe will save them.
    • Furniture because we all have a stone hammer on our nightstands.
    • Sealed crates, i heard the neigboor has just ordered 13 pristine stone hammers for his collection of prehistoric weaponary.
    • Safes, im sure i can fit atleast 7 spears into this box smaller than my screen.
    • Zombies see answer 2.
    • Survivors cache, someone left this thing behind. I can totally see them just stashing away some stuff they dont necessearly need.
  3. 3. Should stone age loot (and in general all equipment loot) be increased?

• No, we have enough items already.
    • Yes, we need atleast 3 (or less) items for all ages, its boring how little variation we have.
    • Yes, we need atleast 4 (or more) items for all ages. I like when i feel like im in an rpg raining items like madness.

52 minutes ago, Ghostlight said:

Because as alphas go, this one is boring the tits off me.

Surprised you have any tits left to fall off...lol

joking aside...toilet pistol on day 1 :)

There are also at times ive seen cheap grey quality guns for sale cheap at the trader if your lucky.

This game I'm playing now I found a gun on day one bought it from the traider on day 2. You can build a blunderbuss as soon as you find 4 short iron pipe, wood, and 2 glue.

The blunderbuss is underrated. it's not that good if you're in a area with restricted movement and a lot of zombies. but if you're in an open area where you can maneuver, it's fantastic.

It's great for hunting and chickens and pigs. Not sure about wabbit.

38 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

This game I'm playing now I found a gun on day one bought it from the traider on day 2. You can build a blunderbuss as soon as you find 4 short iron pipe, wood, and 2 glue.

The blunderbuss is underrated. it's not that good if you're in a area with restricted movement and a lot of zombies. but if you're in an open area where you can maneuver, it's fantastic.

It's great for hunting and chickens and pigs. Not sure about wabbit.

You can try using the buss on rabbits....if you want to know what it's like to roleplay Elmer Fudd...😂

10 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

You can try using the buss on rabbits....if you want to know what it's like to roleplay Elmer Fudd...😂

Lol, that happened to me this morning. I had just started a new game the very first trash pile I looted had a blunderbuss in it? How's that for luck?  Then I noticed chickens and went total Elmer fudd. I must have hunted for 10 minutes. The rabbit's managed to elude me. They would always get to the heavy bushes and I couldn't find them. Had plenty of feathers and some meat though.

A blunderbuss is a joke, not a gun.

14 hours ago, RyanX said:

If you cant at least make an AK by your first horde night, you are doing it wrong.  If you find a wrench,  you can make an AK.  Buy machine gun parts from traders or loot.

And if I've not found in loot and traders have no parts, how exactly am I doing it wrong?

8 minutes ago, Ghostlight said:

Have you tried it? I find it works rather well on warrior difficulty. Only becomes a problem if you're fighting a fast moving enemy and miss the first shot. The blunderbuss being useful is one of the few rays of light in the disappointment that is the new looting system.

4 minutes ago, Ghostlight said:

And if I've not found in loot and traders have no parts, how exactly am I doing it wrong?

The blunderbus became really good in A19 as a close combat weapon for early game. Once you found two of them, put both in your toolbelt and cycle between them.

Traders don't respect the stone age mechanic, that's a known "bug". If you are lucky and have the dukes, you can buy an M60 there on day 1.

If you are able to find a gun depends on your gamestage, not on time or location. I don't know if there is a small chance from the start anyway, but the chance to find one seems to increase with the gamestage. I usually start finding pistols at a gamestage of around 10. Better weapons require higher gamestages. An AK i found from i think gamestage 30 on? I didn't especially look up my gamestage when i first find something.

You can look up the exact values in the xmls, but i don't remember where exactly it was.

16 hours ago, RyanX said:

If you cant at least make an AK by your first horde night, you are doing it wrong.  If you find a wrench,  you can make an AK.  Buy machine gun parts from traders or loot.

Both of those are pure RNG, what is he supposed to do when neither the trader and the loot doesnt have machine gun parts or weapon parts in general?

The main problem of this alpha is that you can reach horde night without getting any single legit weaponary.

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

Both of those are pure RNG, what is he supposed to do when neither the trader and the loot doesnt have machine gun parts or weapon parts in general?

Nope, they are not pure RNG anymore. RNG won't give you some, if you haven't reached a certain gamestage. In A19 (experimental), or are you still playing A18?

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

The main problem of this alpha is that you can reach horde night without getting any single legit weaponary.

Also no... well almost no. Since both bloodmoon and weapon drop rates scale with your gamestage, you won't encounter a very hard bloodmoon if you are not able to find weapons by your gamestage. Of course your gamestage may already allow you to find better weapons but you still haven't found some, then keep searching. In this case nothing changed, i'ts still is just RNG from this point.

I don't know what problems people have to need a gun for the first bloodmoon?! In earlier alphas (15, 16) it was just normal that you didn't have any ranged weapons for the first bloodmoon besids a bow and if you are lucky already advanced to iron arrows.

Usually the first bloodmoon is quite easy and can be done almost completely with spikes and not fireing one shot. Especially in A19 since progression was massively made slower. Isn't like the game throws radiateds on the player without him being able to find at least a pistol.

Found Q4 AK, Q3 assult rifle and a Q3 desert vulture at the trader on day 1. Also had found 2 treasure maps on the run to him, so

made a beeline for those. bought the AK (cheaper than the T3 gun, same dmg), and the vulture. And a Q3 mining helmet with lamp.

Sometimes RNG loves you, other times.....   😛

45 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Nope, they are not pure RNG anymore. RNG won't give you some, if you haven't reached a certain gamestage. In A19 (experimental), or are you still playing A18?

People are commenting left and right how its still possible to randomly loot shotguns on your first day.

46 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Also no... well almost no. Since both bloodmoon and weapon drop rates scale with your gamestage, you won't encounter a very hard bloodmoon if you are not able to find weapons by your gamestage. Of course your gamestage may already allow you to find better weapons but you still haven't found some, then keep searching. In this case nothing changed, i'ts still is just RNG from this point.

I don't know what problems people have to need a gun for the first bloodmoon?! In earlier alphas (15, 16) it was just normal that you didn't have any ranged weapons for the first bloodmoon besids a bow and if you are lucky already advanced to iron arrows.

Usually the first bloodmoon is quite easy and can be done almost completely with spikes and not fireing one shot. Especially in A19 since progression was massively made slower. Isn't like the game throws radiateds on the player without him being able to find at least a pistol.

My first bloodmoon horde in A18 on default spawn and difficulty resulted in 3 waves of 16 zombies each wave what demolished us (multiple new player mistakes). Im not sure about how the situation is currently but it seems kinda confirmed that if you dont raise your gamestage fast enough you can only hope for absolute luck to get weapons before the first horde strikes.

The alpha 15, 16 zombies were soo damm stupid you didnt actually needed any kind of guns, the new ones however can actually path to you well enough that if you dont try to come up with actual TD cheese strategies you might just die there.

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

A19 is totally different again, wich he is talking about there. Like said above. Your first bloodmoon is over very soon. Easily doable with arrows.

But hes not talking about how easy the bloodmoon is or not, that one was only brought up by me to illustrate my actual concerns on how the weapon drops tied to gamestage feel unnatural in the gameplay especially when you have forward memories about what to expect.

Archived