Thank you Random Gen World for the Laughs--Sarcasm intended

Well started a random gen map after blowing myself up in Navezgane on my own landmine. I started a new RGW and one my 1st day just outside the trader in the desert biome bordering the forest there was not one but 2 zombie bears chilling out by Trader Jen. Thankfully I ninja'ed my way past and into Jen's. I head out to the buried supplies point and run across a zombie biker and 2 zombie dogs. Now I am on the night of Day 1 with 20 health on top of a trailer hoping the night goes by quickly. 😄 

On 7/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, Galifrey1965 said:

Play war3zuk, you will be lucky to actually live to park on a trailer with 20 health :D

LOL I ended up dying due to misadventure and started fresh. The new random gen map I called Lone Survivor had even more bears on it but I thankfully have a junkie on day 4(Lucky Loot level 1 along with the magazine and googles). Setting up my perma base in the big church and my horde base in the fire station across the road.

I've had the absolute worst luck in my a19 plays. Always infected on day 1, can't find antibiotics or honey, and a dire wolf decided to eat its way to the roof on night 1 despite me crouch-cowering in my little hovel.

Having watched lots of streamers, this isn't typical, so I'm just trying to roll with it and decided that I must have been one of the people who helped cause the apocalypse, and this is karmic retribution :)

1 hour ago, Deadmeat said:

I've had the absolute worst luck in my a19 plays. Always infected on day 1, can't find antibiotics or honey, and a dire wolf decided to eat its way to the roof on night 1 despite me crouch-cowering in my little hovel.

Having watched lots of streamers, this isn't typical, so I'm just trying to roll with it and decided that I must have been one of the people who helped cause the apocalypse, and this is karmic retribution :)

That literally was like my 2nd play through on my new PC. I was on Navezgane and got dropped into the burn zone and had not one but two dogs gank me on day 1 at like 2pm. My fault I guess for not going north rather than to the Trader west of the Holmes Depot. 

35 minutes ago, Slaasher said:

These comments are fun for me to read. I, on the other hand, have been lucky I guess. 

My RWG A19 plays have been full of good luck and prosperity.

Course I am new to the game so maybe it's beginners luck

I have not moved to 19 yet I wanted to get some time in getting used to the PC version compare to the Xbox. Either way I always get a laugh out of my more ridiculous demises. 

I have a decent seed on my latest alpha 19 map.  If you follow Glock9 on youtube, i'm using the same one as he.  Lots of town in the south central region of the map and several traders not too far apart.  But on day one my first buried supplies request took me to the destroyed biome with a bear right on top of the dig site.  I had to slowly move away as to not trip a mine, and not aggro the bear, wasting half the first day.

What difficulty level are you starting at? I have found if you start at Warrior then dogs are more likely to gank you day 2ish. Starting on adventurer it does not happen. I start on adventurer and crank the difficulty one level at a time every 7 days till I get to warrior. 

8 hours ago, Deadmeat said:

you can find honey easily by harvesting tree stumps

Oh I know. And I chopped every one I could find. No luck 😕

7 hours ago, sonicdeathmnkey said:

I have a decent seed on my latest alpha 19 map.  If you follow Glock9 on youtube, i'm using the same one as he.  Lots of town in the south central region of the map and several traders not too far apart.  But on day one my first buried supplies request took me to the destroyed biome with a bear right on top of the dig site.  I had to slowly move away as to not trip a mine, and not aggro the bear, wasting half the first day.

Apocalypse2! Did you notice that the Crack A Book has changed in a173? There isn't that cool room on the roof anymore.

Archived