Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Synvastian

Synvastian

A couple things, as said above by many so far, it wouldn't help much and I disagree, as someone who's done archery competitions during renaissance fairs, and owns a couple bows ( Longbow, Chinese Horsebow and an 80lb compound) I usually can see my arrow for most of it's flight path* (with the compound being an exception, but its so powerful, it's trajectory is almost flat for most target shooting)

*The purpose of an entity arrow in a game would be that, I can adjust my aim easier, since I could follow the path the arrow took

EX.  ___----ZH---____=-----> in this example the zombies head intercepts the path, scoring a hit

EX2 ___---'''ZH''''---___=----> this example shows the arrow missing by a hairs breadth as the path is right over the z (although hard to do with text symbols only)

in game as it stands, unless I score a hit, or I happen to notice where the little "puff" of arrow impact, I can't make a semi-accurate guess as to where my next arrow should end up (I use the bow pretty extensively, and while I've gotten good at estimation, a flight path would have helped tremendously as time went on)

Synvastian

Synvastian

A couple things, as said above by many so far, it wouldn't help much and I disagree, as someone who's done archery competitions during renaissance fairs, and owns a couple bows ( Longbow, Chinese Horsebow and an 80lb compound) I usually can see my arrow for most of it's flight path* (with the compound being an exception, but its so powerful, it's trajectory is almost flat for most target shooting)

*The purpose of an entity arrow in a game would be that, I can adjust my aim easier, since I could follow the path the arrow took

EX.  ---------ZH-------=-----> in this example the zombies head intercepts the path, scoring a hit

EX2 '''''''''''ZH''''''''=----> this example shows the arrow missing by a hairs breadth as the path is right over the z (although hard to do with text symbols only)

in game as it stands, unless I score a hit, or I happen to notice where the little "puff" of arrow impact, I can't make a semi-accurate guess as to where my next arrow should end up (I use the bow pretty extensively, and while I've gotten good at estimation, a flight path would have helped tremendously as time went on)