Jump to content

Demolisher in POI's


Recommended Posts

Basically what the title says. I think the demolisher should still spawn in late game blood moons (I think day 147 blood moon) but I would like him to spawn in POI's a bit earlier (Day 75-100). Mainly just military POI's and ones that have a military crates at the end of them like the factories, hospital, tower, etc. Having him strictly in blood moon does not due him justice for the devs who made him. They put a lot of work into him and you barely get to see him. He is not an OP zombie and should be in all aspects of the game. 

  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I flat out disagree. The demolisher is the reason

- for a lot of conventional base designs to just not work efficiently anymore

- for run and shoot to be more efficient on horde night than staying in a base making base building redundant

- for a swiss cheese crater landscape you do not want to have near your base, once more defeating the base building aspect. 

 

The demolisher simply does not add to the game, he reduces viable game content. 

 

My two cents

Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I would almost prefer if Demolishers were removed from Blood Moons entirely and were made a special spawn that's only in certain super-difficulty POIs and wasteland/burned biomes. Like Noctoras mentioned, they are the singular reason many base designs don't work, because it's almost completely impossible to account for a random zombie that explodes like a stick of dynamite and obliterates a huge chunk of your base instantly, leading to people turning to exploit bases or driving around in a car for half the night.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Noctoras said:

I flat out disagree. The demolisher is the reason

- for a lot of conventional base designs to just not work efficiently anymore

- for run and shoot to be more efficient on horde night than staying in a base making base building redundant

- for a swiss cheese crater landscape you do not want to have near your base, once more defeating the base building aspect. 

 

The demolisher simply does not add to the game, he reduces viable game content. 

 

My two cents

[laughs in blade trap master race]

 

How else will i get to harvest the fruit of my blade traps without the demolisher and his grand loot abundance!!1 Why he visits me on horde night, gets chewed up by my blade traps, and adds pretty colors to the show. I have only had them explode once on a horde night, and my steel Jawoodle hamburger bunker in it's steel field of blade traps weathered it just fine. i only lost a few blade traps, which i replaced thanks to the rich bounty of the demoliser loot. 

 

Blade traps, blade traps are well worth the crafting cost/dukes cost this update. I am almost at the point of resetting pois via quest for the cars to respawn because i am running out of engines to power the blade traps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Noctoras said:

I flat out disagree. The demolisher is the reason

- for a lot of conventional base designs to just not work efficiently anymore

- for run and shoot to be more efficient on horde night than staying in a base making base building redundant

- for a swiss cheese crater landscape you do not want to have near your base, once more defeating the base building aspect. 

 

The demolisher simply does not add to the game, he reduces viable game content. 

 

My two cents

 

I never said make him a roaming zombie. Having his spawn restricted to POI's lets players see him more often but does not risk him wondering onto your base during the day. So essentially imagine you stumble across the one military POI with the missile silos in it. Amongst the final pack of zombies is one demolisher. You just kill the other zombies, lead the demolisher to a nice spot and shoot him in the head/legs til he is dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Demolishers would be more liked if they were leveled. Meaning have a few different versions of them. Like a level 1 - 10 demolisher.  The proposed level 1 demolisher has very little health and very small explosive damage. Just to get you warmed up to the idea and use to tackling them. Then as your gamestage increases, you get level 2's, 3's each with a fair, but progressive increase in health and explosive damage. Right now it seems like we get them just too early for how hard they can be, and sometimes I think we get too many of them for such a relatively low level.  Then maybe they might even be used 'sparingly' throughout some POIs..

Edited by Doctor3D (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, swest001 said:

Basically what the title says. I think the demolisher should still spawn in late game blood moons (I think day 147 blood moon) but I would like him to spawn in POI's a bit earlier (Day 75-100). Mainly just military POI's and ones that have a military crates at the end of them like the factories, hospital, tower, etc. Having him strictly in blood moon does not due him justice for the devs who made him. They put a lot of work into him and you barely get to see him. He is not an OP zombie and should be in all aspects of the game. 

im all for ideas but this could end really badly!

 

maybe as a POI zombie for army camps/bases ok! but in a house? no

 

I like the demlosiher but i do think he could get improved, Like a ability to disable to detonate 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Doctor3D said:

I wonder if Demolishers would be more liked if they were leveled. Meaning have a few different versions of them. Like a level 1 - 10 demolisher.  The proposed level 1 demolisher has very little health and very small explosive damage. Just to get you warmed up to the idea and use to tackling them. Then as your gamestage increases, you get level 2's, 3's each with a fair, but progressive increase in health and explosive damage. Right now it seems like we get them just too early for how hard they can be, and sometimes I think we get too many of them for such a relatively low level.  Then maybe they might even be used 'sparingly' throughout some POIs..

I think this could be a good approach to it, we already sort-of have this with some other zombie types (normals -> Ferals -> radiateds, cops -> radiated cops, vultueres -> super vultures)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes!  Let's put the demolisher in a loot room so the river of player tears can fill my bathtub when they blow up all the loot!  😂

 

Joking aside, I think he would be a good POI boss as long as the encounter was designed well not to frustrate most players.

 

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Laz Man said:

Yes!  Let's put the demolisher in a loot room so the river of player tears can fill my bathtub when they blow up all the loot!  😂

 

Joking aside, I think he would be a good POI boss as long as the encounter was designed well not to frustrate most players.

 

Now hold up buddy, lets put him in a special loot room, with only locked safes. So now you have to ask yourself: do i have jail breakers, do i have lock picks, or do i blow up this zombie instead? I think a poi where there is a demolisher, but you need to blow him up to open a way or a secret would be neat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...