Alpha 19, Sound

AmethystLainey

My PC - Dell Inspiron ::  GPU : AMD Radeon Rx580  :: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 eight core :: Vram - 8192mb :: Ram 16gb  ONBOARD: Realtek using WaveMaxx Pro Software

My Laptop - Dell  :: Running Intel 

I have been having this issue since roughly 3/3/19 

I go into 7 days and I loose all sound (both game and all system)  after about 10 or so minutes sometimes not even that long.  

Weird thing tho is if im playing itunes I can still faintly hear that.

Leaving the game slowly brings all sound back. If I immediately restart my machine the volume sliders will then say 25%  when before the reboot they were still saying 100% or whatever I was listening at.

It only happens when using the onboard audio.

Using the Monitor Jack or Bluetooth everything is fine. 

The Headsets and Speakers Im using are fine in other Tech and via onboard audio When not in game.

My Drivers are all up to Date

Anyone have any advice that I have yet to try ? Please this is getting a tad annoying.

Odd question but do you have Discord running? I don't remember exactly what I had to do but whenever I launched discord it tended to change my default device to my laptop speakers for whatever reason for full screen applications. But play around with the default device settings in the audio properties (right click the speaker icon on your toolbar, playback devices, right click your headset/etc.)

Edit/Answer:Jugginator

Discord is running but not in any voice.  Everytime I loose  sound I look at all those props you mentioned and nothing seems Amiss. Messed with them many times.

Also before anyone mentions it I have reinstalled and verified everytime I give this a go. 

Try again but don't have discord running to see what happens. In order for discord to not mute my audio on fullscreen games I had to switch my laptop speakers to default device, and my "communications headset" to default communications device, and change discord's output device to my speakers. Why? I haven't a clue, but it did it. I can still hear half a second of audio cutting out from my headset to my laptops speakers then back to my headset after connecting to a voice channel... this crap only happens with discord and 3.5mm jack headsets lol.

Mmm the issue I had with discord didn't seem localized to 7 Days, I noticed it happening on 3 other games I launched while/before discord was running. It's fine with a USB headset... and only discord... lol. Like I said, play around with control permissions and setting different things to default devices and see if a combination works for you. But, firstly try the game without discord, to eliminate your game from just plain not liking your hardware.

Nothing has changed with my hardware since I started playing this game, other then versions of Drivers which are up to date. Im starting to be at my wits end with this. 

Could it be my onboard audio is starting to go even tho 7 days is the only Trigger /Cause of issue?

Archived