Controls I'm still learning about!

So, I keep finding out on accident different things I could do for easier management of things in game.... such as just now.... 1,799 hours into this game... did I learn that while attempting to play down a block..... if your press "r" you will rotate it in reverse.......... do you know HOW MANY TIMES I just kept circling around if I accidentally passed the rotation I wanted!?!?!?! What else do I not know!? Anyone else have some cool realizations like this too? You know, clicking on the backpack icon to sort your storage.... or that Rebar Frames actually upgrade straight to reinforced concrete and would've saved a lot of time? PLEASE SHARE YOUR WISDOM AND TRIAL AND ERRORS TOO!

Here's a couple I stumbled on over the years...

Hold F to choose between Helmet Light and Weapon Light functionality.

Left mouse click while in/on vehicle to alternate between mouse and A/D steering.

1 hour ago, Ezed said:

Left mouse click while in/on vehicle to alternate between mouse and A/D steering.

WHAAT?!! THAT WAS WHAT CAUSED THAT TO CHANGE?!!?!?! 

I just tried it out..... sniffles...... all those times I though it was a glitch and had to restart my game.......... THANK YOU!

1 hour ago, Riles said:

WHAAT?!! THAT WAS WHAT CAUSED THAT TO CHANGE?!!?!?! 

I just tried it out..... sniffles...... all those times I though it was a glitch and had to restart my game.......... THANK YOU!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune but that was rather funny :D

3 hours ago, katarynna said:

LOL i think the functionality to reverse rotate was just added in a18, so you did not go all 3k hours being able to do it without knowing you could.

How do you know all those hours are not post A18 😛

You are correct though :D  

On 7/21/2020 at 12:04 PM, Ezed said:

Both of these were added in the last alpha, I believe. I know they were recent additions, along with the radial menu if you hold down the Tab key. ;)

The new writeable storage (A19) is the 2nd box in the shape selector for the "Storage Container" block (the one that requires nails to make).  After placing it down, hold down "E" to write on it I think.

Pressing "C" while on the bicycle / motorcycle will make you pull up and pop a wheely.

RMB with a wrench in hand will harvest any mine

The Arrow on the "R" menu will copy any rotation, so if you've laid down one block in a particular rotation, and need to put one like it somewhere else, just copy the one you already have down rather then rotating through the placement again.

On 7/21/2020 at 1:04 PM, Ezed said:

Here's a couple I stumbled on over the years...

Which one of these can raise and lower the altitude for the gyro copter? I have two of them but i do not fly them because trying to steer them takes way longer then just driving there on a motor bike. 

New things i discovered: health bars lower healing time of broke legs by half. Oh @%$*#!z drops are necessary for mountain climbing and flying the gyro copter. 

1 hour ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Which one of these can raise and lower the altitude for the gyro copter? I have two of them but i do not fly them because trying to steer them takes way longer then just driving there on a motor bike. 

New things i discovered: health bars lower healing time of broke legs by half. Oh @%$*#!z drops are necessary for mountain climbing and flying the gyro copter. 

Heh...the Gyrocopter is...I don't want to say borked...but it's borked.   

Are you asking for real?  All I know is C (crouch) and Space (jump) control the pitch.  It's been a while since I've built one, but I used to put a couple of wood wedge tips about 5 m in front of it as a ramp when I wanted to take off quickly.  I too only use the motorcycle these days.  Gyro and 4x4 aren't worth the troubles they bring.

19 hours ago, Ezed said:

Heh...the Gyrocopter is...I don't want to say borked...but it's borked.   

Are you asking for real?  All I know is C (crouch) and Space (jump) control the pitch.  It's been a while since I've built one, but I used to put a couple of wood wedge tips about 5 m in front of it as a ramp when I wanted to take off quickly.  I too only use the motorcycle these days.  Gyro and 4x4 aren't worth the troubles they bring.

I thought space was the breaks for it...... So far i was planning on just eating oh sizz drops, jumping out of it, grabbing the thing mid air, and hopping i take no fall damage when i land. That might explain why i have such hard times taking off, and why i can't land it. I did not build on, i bought two because i had way too many dukes. I am going to have to give this a go now.... 

On 7/22/2020 at 2:18 PM, iejen said:

Holding CTRL while in a vehicle makes you look around but keep on driving straight forward. 

SERIOUSLY!?

1 hour ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

I thought space was the breaks for it...... So far i was planning on just eating oh sizz drops, jumping out of it, grabbing the thing mid air, and hopping i take no fall damage when i land. That might explain why i have such hard times taking off, and why i can't land it. I did not build on, i bought two because i had way too many dukes. I am going to have to give this a go now.... 

I believe the gyro will fall to the ground. I spend about three hours practicing how to fly the damn thing, I'll see about making a special "manual" on how to fly the dang thing.

2 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

So far i was planning on just eating oh sizz drops, jumping out of it, grabbing the thing mid air, and hopping i take no fall damage when i land.

The gyrocoptor also goes down (slowly) if you stop pressing forward.

The gyro imho ist the fastest vehicle in the game, and also the most fuel efficient. We even did a race once we moved a base from one town to another. Even tough there was a almost straigt road between the two towns, the gyro was faster than 4x4 with less then 1/10th of fuel consumption. If there is no road or even rugged terrain or mountains, no way for motorcycle or 4x4.

Most dangerous thing on the gyro is pressing E unintentionally and then die by the fall damage...

On 7/22/2020 at 3:36 PM, Laz Man said:

Pressing "C" while on the bicycle / motorcycle will make you pull up and pop a wheely.

Skate park POI just got way more fun for me.

Now I just need the mouse wheel to do bar spins and to replace all of the new procedural music with Pennywise and Bad Religion...

"Madmole's Pro BMX Zombie Survival Horde Crafting Game"

Some things I learned after too many hours in game

I saw in a youtuber's video that the backpack icon sorts and auto-stacks your inventory.

I found out I can shift-click to send the whole stack to the other container.

I found that you can press "f" to focus / highlight the search input box so your hands don't have to go to the mouse just for that.

When you run out of gas you can edge the gyro forward slightly.  It will cruise a long long way and you can still steer.

Use the same "edge forward slightly" technique if you want to look at the map while flying.

In creative mode:

z sets the start or end of a selection, Backspace clears it.

In god mode:

On the map Ctrl-Shift-RightClick to teleport to the point you click on.

Ctrl-Shift-Q to shoot forward fast while flying.

In prefab editor:

The most South West corner is the origin when you "paste" a selection.

Holding "shift" will move the selection pointer INTO the block pointed at - allows you to place a block to replace an existing block.

X rotates a selection.  The new "origin" after rotating will be placed on the current "origin"

j to to clear the selection, l to fill with the selected block.

The god-mode brush has options to paint all sides of a block at once.

On 7/22/2020 at 9:18 PM, iejen said:

Holding CTRL while in a vehicle makes you look around but keep on driving straight forward. 

Not for me it does not.

Maybe obvious, but something I learned a couple months back is you can use bandages and first aid kits on other players using RMB. The animation makes it look like you are applying it to yourself, but the other player benefits from it. 

5 hours ago, bjurney said:

Maybe obvious, but something I learned a couple months back is you can use bandages and first aid kits on other players using RMB. The animation makes it look like you are applying it to yourself, but the other player benefits from it. 

I have tried this! but never seems to work? I'm not sure exactly. I've often seen you can apply things to others but I seem to always apply it to myself or to "nothing"....

Archived