Your hopes/dreams for a20 in the future?

Scyris

On 7/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Aka more colours, interior that doesn´t look worn out etc, etc

Oh my god, this. It's extremely difficult to fix up a POI and make a "normal" house because almost all available colors are of "worn out" variant

I just cut this wood TFP, and just made these paints, what's with the rundown looking wood sidings?

Lots of good ideas here, but here is my list :

1. More fleshing out of the story line

2. Building/paint textures that don't look like they have been sitting, unmaintained for 25 years . . . How does a brand new window or piece of furniture that I just made get so dirty and worn? I get that TFP is going for an aesthetic here, but geesh

3. Please fix the sneak mechanics. I don't have problem with triggered events in POIs, but when i am on the first floor of a big POI and a zombie on the third floor (or somewhere OUTSIDE the building) zeroes in on me, that is broken. Seems like the zombies outside notice you more when you are inside, sneaking or not.

4. Mods/cosmetics for vehicles

5. An equal distribution of mods for tools and weapons. Having 4 mod slots on some items is pointless because there is nothing useful to put on them.

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Hrod Land Uhm, well if they are awake already, what use it it go back, they won´t just go back to sleep unless you go back really far, wich is impossible when on a quest and also i just kill them then. They still sleep in the next room/area anyways

Stealth is basically useless right now, wich is a shame. There needs to be a fix. Not a workaround.

They don't need to go back to "sleep" for you to reacquire stealth: moving a couple of meters away from your original position and crouching again should do the trick, provided light levels aren't too high and you're not making a ton of noise while repositioning. I do this at night all the time in early game: draw aggro with the first stealth shot, reposition and crouch, finish with a second stealth shot while the zombie is confusedly hanging around your old position.

It's not really a workaround, it's just good practice for stealth play in general. Obviously you can just shoot them all as well, but that begs the question why you even care about maintaining stealth to begin with.

I do agree with you that there should be no stealth checks that the player always loses, so I'm not a fan of things like this gun range ambush and similar events in other POIs. Unfortunately it looks like the Fun Pimps often prefer scripted gameplay over emergent gameplay and we'll see more stuff like this in coming updates.

Finally, while I agree that stealth is "useless" to a certain degree, it's not because of these scripted events but more due to the fact that running through a POI with a ton of armor and a big stick is much quicker than crouching your way through it, while yielding the same rewards. I still enjoy the feeling of sneaking through a POI and silently popping heads, but there's little practical reason to do so, especially once you get to the tedium of repeating T5 quests. I'm glad the forgettin' elixir exists, otherwise I would probably always go for strengt/fort builds, just because I can do more stuff in the same amount of time.

To summarize and get back on topic: I hope TFP will focus more on facilitating emergent gameplay and besides that make it so that stealthy and "loud" play styles offer their own benefits and drawbacks, with neither being more efficient for progression than the other (not by a large margin, anyways).

@Hrod Land Ehh, when they are alert, i just don´t bother anymore, i do stay crouched tough, to avoid attracting z`s from the outside. Stealth does have the benefit of using way less ammo. The bows do have a way higher sneak damage with x3.5 now. Also you don´t have to deal with roaming zombies from outside or even screamers (Since when does the SMG call a screamer? Not sure how many candles and torches where in that house, but i got one when i was in a hurry and rushed trough a POI with the SMG, far away from my base). Time is an issue yes. But i don´t think that they can do much about that. Moving as fast as running while sneaking is just not possible.

9 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Hrod Land Moving as fast as running while sneaking is just not possible.

There are more ways to increase the benefits of sneaking vs hulking. The increased food consumption associated with melee is already a step in this direction. And since you brought up ammo: bats and sledges don't cost anything but a repair kit every now and then. And even when I do use my shotgun a lot, I find that looting/crafting enough shells is quite doable. Getting enough steel/explosive arrows to make bows worth using on horde night ain't cheap either, in my experience.

I don't even mind strength being the most efficient tree right now, since I can get by just fine using the other trees. I do think it speaks to the general problems with balancing the current attribute/perk system: you're always going to end up with "must have" trees if generalist perks such as mining and tool crafting are tied to specific attributes. I think I'd prefer either doing away with attributes and going for something similar to Dying Light's skill tree, OR making the attributes into "true RPG" stats, with different game events checking against them regularly, and perks having their separate trees that are somewhat gated and influenced by associated stats (think Fallout 4 or any DnD based RPG). But since this game is very light on other RPG elements (no speech checks, trap sensing, etc.) I think the slightly more streamlined Dying Light option would be easier to balance in a way that gives players freedom to build their characters without certain builds being obviously superior (even if I think that's not a huge problem in a PvE focused game).

Great thread OP, and I agree with your points.

I would love:

- Hub Cities.
A hub city biome teaming with 500% more zombies than normal biomes and 500% better loot, and dangerous zombies guarding the best loot.  This would give people incentive to build their characters to survive that.   

- Single player/co op 'Save the World' Mode

A mode where neither loot, nor zombies respawn, so you can go from town to town clearing the z problem, and renovating buildings. NPC's could move in to safe towns.

- Bayou biome

A swamp biome with zombie alligators and voodoo style zombies.

- Stuff they removed from A16 added back.

i.e LBD, wellness system, zombie loot, harvestable zombie corpses

- A Non-survival mode

I remember seeing that Skyrim got a survival mode option. I would love the opposite for 7 Days to Die so that it's more like an RPG. Alternatively, be able to adjust things like food and stamina drain in the config (like Ark & Conan allow), to customise it for your playstyle. 

- More storage by default
More storage space, for backpacks and storage units and bigger stacks. I currently use mods.

More paint textures.

Options for players to add in their own.

Save the active Mods with the Game save.  Add a "tab" to the Game settings where you set up a new game so that you can pick mods to activate / disable for that game.  Also when making a backup these mods should be included in that backup (In practical terms: just copy the active mods into a mods folder inside the game save folder)

More block shapes, like a lower angle ramp, and odd shape blocks for connecting corners between other blocks.  To keep the shapes menu clean, just put them in a "More shapes" area, the way the Dev mode tools are hidden from the spawn menu in creative until you press the button to show them.

Ability to change settings for light color and brightness on lights (like POI lights allow in the prefab editor)

Ability to "lock" the settings / interaction on electrical devices.

The wire tool range is too low and makes base building frustrating. It's cool if you can only _connect_ something 8 blocks away or whatever but I hate doing weird acrobatics  to keep the wire from "snapping." The radius should be like 2x what it is now. That is my A20 dream thank you for listening

Also orienting iron hatches is impossible and they should have a handle.

Wish For:

1) Return of LBD for skills where it makes sense (mining, weapons etc). The fact that killing zombies can make me a better chef is ludicrous.

2) Improved (or reverted?) zombie AI. Move away from the precise structural engineers that walk round my spikes as that SUCKS.

3) Meaningful end-game. 

4) Give us back fun loot. The generic progression-based looting now seen in A19 just made the game bland and boring.

5) RNG map algorithm that gives satisfying and convincing maps.

Don't give a damn about:

1) Bandits

Most of the things I would see are the kind of stuff that better improves the immersion which can be important for a survival game.

1) Improvements to third person animations to make characters look more natural when they move and interact with the world. Quite often when I'm playing I get Half Life 1 nostalgia vibes when watching my friends character models move around 🙂

2) Improvements to the player character models and clothing so they look as good as the new zombies. Currently the player models look as dated as the animations.

3) More immersive first person animations (weapon inertia and weight to movement)

4) More natural recoil and spray patterns. Sometimes the shooting in this game really annoys me as it feels too point at the enemy and hope the hit lands. Also why does the crosshair stay on screen when ADSing? I've never seen this before in any other FPS game and it's really distracting.

5) A more organic and rewarding character progression system. Physical skills (recoil control, digestion, stamina etc) are improved over time by doing and mental / intellect skills (crafting tools, blocks, weapons etc) are learnt from schematics or breaking down items at the work bench. The A15/A16 systems were much closer to this type of progression and it tied in so well with the flow of the game play. At the moment I often go AFK during night times which I never did in those alphas as I had plenty to do at night. Now, especially during the first 2 horde nights I never have enough resources to even do anything so I just leave my pc. I suspect I'm not the only one and surely that isn't something the devs intended.

6) Rework the meat system so that you don't need 5 meat to make 1 grilled meat. This seems to have become a thing in more recent alphas and I don't know why? Why not just reduce the amount of meat you harvest from animals? Or why have plenty of meat from animals but make them rare so if you do find a chicken that could keep you going for a couple of days, a wolf maybe a few days as you would expect. At the moment you need to eat about 5 wolves a day.

7) Bring back smell! This added to the tension, especially during early game play.

8 ) Better loot distribution in a way that encouraged player exploration. Right now I can pretty much get the same loot in a house as a I can in a military site. More unique containers for the very tough POIs with exclusive loot would be great to see.

9) Return to the wellness system. It was simple and easy to understand. I haven't been able to wrap my head around any of the digestion systems that have been implemented since that was scrapped.

10) Animal husbandry - This has made an appearance in some mods in the past and was awesome. Who doesn't want to be a massive glow in the dark boar farming during the Apocalypse?  

11) More guns! I love that guns have been added and I hope to see more.

12) Tiered crafting stations (Advanced forged, advanced workbench etc...l) - These could help with the longevity of the game and give players more to work towards during the later game

13) Scarier and riskier nights + Rewards. I recently played Darkwood and whilst playing I was just thinking how could some of the mechanics would sit well in 7 days. Banging on doors, manifesting anomalies, thick silent hill style fog. These types of things are so damn good and would induce hits of fear in players during the night. With a more dangerous night there could be unique loot that is exclusive to night time adventurers.

14) Get rid of clipping underground when mounted on a vehicle. A real immersion breaker and terrible for PVP servers as you can see through the terrain. The 3rd person camera needs to hug the player more.

15) Add food degradation. I know this is a bit of a hot topic but if balanced correctly it would keep the players on their toes a bit more during the later game. Currently once you have a farm the food survival part of the game becomes irrelevant.  I've actually been enjoying the challenge of keeping myself fed during the early game. I'm always scrounging houses and everything I can to not starve.... Although it is annoying the amount of animals a player needs to eat a day in order to not starve in A19.

16) The end game needs fleshing out. At the moment it can be hard to find a reason to play much beyond day 50+ Multiplayer, be it alliances, trade or PVP can really help in this department but one of the reasons I tend to not bother is the sacrifice made to zombie numbers on servers. The world as it is can already feel incredibly empty as most zombies seem to now be allocated to POIs as sleepers. It can feel like there is very little zombie activity out in the world and this only gets worse on multiplayer servers. NPC bandits aren't really something I'm that fussed for but maybe rescuing survivors to help run your base could be a way to expand the end game.

17) Remove damage bonuses that guns gain from mods and quality. Surely the bullets do the damage? We've got different bullet types already so maybe add more and instead the parts and mods should effect recoil, accuracy, durability, ergonomics. The bullets that do the most damage can just be made rare and hard to come by. Crap ammo can be plentiful.

18) Additional Settings for starting new worlds. Because it's a sandbox game and there are a lot of players with different requirements the more settings the better! Players who don't want zombies to dig should be able to turn this function off. How about controlling the max world height and depth? I suspect this would help with performance.

I think the game is in pretty good shape at the moment. I love the new zombie ragdoll. Combat feels better than it every has done. It still has some serious performance issues and I'm no fan of the perk system but I've actually enjoyed A19 unlike A17 / A18. 

I believe that at least 75% of the complaints people have about the game could be eliminated by giving people more options on how to customize their game world; for example:

0-100 value for zombie block damage

0-100 value for zombie entity damage

0-100 value for zombie vehicle damage

0-100 value for stamina depletion

0-100 value for hunger rate

Loot Spawn Preference Selector

Options for AI levels (mindless, digging, homing, etc.) instead of "difficulty=HP"

Selector for which zombies/animals spawn in

Adding these features would completely remove all complaints of "zombies are overpowered/underpowered," "zombies shouldn't be able to dig, etc.," "stamina depletes too fast," and so on.

It would lead to a LOT of fiddling early-on to see which configuration is optimal and it can always be adjusted to suit your needs and changed later in the game.

On 7/24/2020 at 7:01 AM, caatalyst said:

NPC bandits aren't really something I'm that fussed for but maybe rescuing survivors to help run your base could be a way to expand the end game.

+1! I'd love to see a FO4 kind of settlement system for end game where you can expand your base and maybe craft a radio tower that has a chance of spawning NPCs who want to join your base. Maybe you can arm them and assign them simple tasks (collecting/purifying water, farming, patrolling, etc). If you aren't producing enough food/water, and/or settlers start dying, others have a chance to leave as well.

On 7/23/2020 at 10:14 AM, hotpoon said:

- Bayou biome

A swamp biome with zombie alligators and voodoo style zombies.

+1 to this as well! Zombie/irradiated alligators sound terrifying, that would be an awesome addition

• 2 weeks later...

1. More texture variety for builders. Currently - 170 textures is not enough. Also, clean versions of them.

2. In A16, you could wire POI lights, you can't do that anymore. Whats the point of this change?

3. Return the different types of soil. Can't make a green oasis in the middle of the desert anymore :(

4. Farm plots don't make any sense at all. Maybe implement a fertilizer mechanic and return the mechanic to plant anywhere on soil.

5. Use of water, currently, it's just an annoyance, maybe use it for farming combined with electric/manual pumps and pipes.

6. Farm animals like chickens, cows, sheep & etc., that we can take care of and get wool, milk, eggs & etc.

7. Pet dog that follow and protect us(after training and feeding it).

8. Horses that we can ride and put armor on.

9. Bandit raids and bandit camps/bases that we can raid for hard to find bandit camp unique items.

10. Better animations!!! for an example, check Rust, smooth as butter. The animations in 7D2D are stiff, wooden, robotic and outdated!

11. Better shooting mechanics with actual bullet drop. Again... check Rust or ARMA 3. Also, smoother aiming(fix freaking scopes that jump 40 pixels with slightest mouse movement)

12. Some sort of zombie boses(middle-late game horde nights or POI loot room).

13. Less random bags, garbage and cars in the middle of nowhere. Near roads or POI is fine.

14. More wilderness variety of grass, rocks & etc.

15. Electric kitchenware, forges, workbench...

16. More furniture variety(clean one too).

17. Rivers, better lakes and fishing!

18. Food that actually rots and goes bad after few days without fridge(makes even more sense to have powered fridge, farming and hunting animals).

19. More disease and injury variety. I can't even remember the last time i got a dysentery(A14 i think), especially with the purify water mod...

20. Lock a POI from being destroyed until it is being cleared(except hidden stashes and rooms), that way people will do the puzzle instead of Wood blocking to chest. Also, a cleared POI should STAY cleared.

21. Wandering long distance medium-massive sized hordes.

22. Town/city hordes. Almost no risk going to a city anymore and they feel too empty.

Yeah, a bit long list... :)

17 minutes ago, IroncrossBG said:

3. Return the different types of soil. Can't make a green oasis in the middle of the desert anymore :(

4. Farm plots don't make any sense at all. Maybe implement a fertilizer mechanic and return the mechanic to plant anywhere on soil.

These are two of my biggest complaints about the game; fixing this and adding option sliders would correct almost everything the game is lacking in.

- Dumber zombies that don't automatically path to whatever the "weakest" spot is in your base

- Action skills, like in A16 and mods like Ravenhearst

- More base traps since they've been mostly the same since A16

- Fixed loot system

- Make good loot POIs much harder to clear out with new defenses

- New zombie types that are harder (someone mentioned armored zombies; a cool idea)

- Survivor NPCs: about as basic as traders, they just live in a few random city POIs and simply give player quests and can defend their POI (the POI is destroy-able and the survivor can die)

- Fix the animations as zombie animations still glitch out sometimes, and stutter occasionally

- MORE END GAME CONTENT, but please don't add some end boss to the game that ends progression and makes the player feel like there's not much else to do afterwards

Edit:

Also, RWG parameters so we can generate worlds that are more/less dense with POIs

On 7/24/2020 at 5:21 AM, Ghostlight said:

Wish For:

1) Return of LBD for skills where it makes sense (mining, weapons etc). The fact that killing zombies can make me a better chef is ludicrous.

2) Improved (or reverted?) zombie AI. Move away from the precise structural engineers that walk round my spikes as that SUCKS.

3) Meaningful end-game. 

4) Give us back fun loot. The generic progression-based looting now seen in A19 just made the game bland and boring.

5) RNG map algorithm that gives satisfying and convincing maps.

Don't give a damn about:

1) Bandits

With Ghostlight's permission I would like to add all that to my list as well

We need more quest variety, and some end game stuff. 

What would help, is for special trader quests to have a special quest once a week for a higher spawn chance for certain loot. If you do not have a gun by day 5 there should be a trader quest for " i am looking for a gun" and he sends you to a tier 1 or 2 poi where the loot room will have an increased chance of a gun, or they sell you one if they have one in stock and you have the dukes. 

also "missing courier quests". We now have bodies at the pois, so why not a body that has the courier satchel in it's cold dead half eaten hands? or maybe even a courier zombie that has the satchel on him/her?  As it stands, once you hit tier 5 every body sends you to the same pois, all the time. It's like all the zombies want to live in the shamway factory now and you have to clean the place out every hour on the hour, and the only reward for doing it is 5 bandages or a tier 4 double barrel shotgun. 

Bandits should attack your horde base two hours before horde night, and they need demo charges. That's if you do not pay protection money in time. 

On 7/22/2020 at 7:34 AM, Hrod Land said:

Some areas will trigger zombies no matter what. I don't know why this exists in a game that supposedly lets you choose how to approach challenges, but then again TFP have a habit of implementing conflicting mechanics.

Silliness of the trigger mechanic aside, I think you can still use stealth in such situations by moving away from where you triggered the zombies and crouching out of sight to reacquire stealth.

Its more they are trying to force you to play in a certain way in a sandbox game which is a pretty stupid idea imo.

I mean people liked to make underground bases, not everyone cares for horde night, Nope can't have that. I built underground because everytime I try to build a base the SI system @%$*#!s me, and I end up putting 1 block to many and it collapses my entire damn base, if it was JUST the most recent block that dropped it'd be fine, but nope, has to take entire row, which then cascades and can take out the entire base other than the side walls.

Some people would swim on top of lakes to avoid the horde/for saftey at night... Nope not allowed to have that either, as zombies can swim now, and even more stupid THEY SWIM FASTER THAN THE PLAYER CAN what the @%$*#!?.

Some people like to build nice bases, Nope can't have that either now because the zombies know the best way to bring it down, so your forced to build a base that cheeses the AI if you don't want your base to get totaled. I haven't built a base in a while due to the SI system and the fact I can't make my underground home anymore. I usually fortify certain poi's.

Some people like stealth, but we can't have THAT either, what with the garbage/glass piles in front of the door and behind doors in the intended path in the silly dungeon style poi's, yes we can destroy them, but it'd be better if they had 1 block HP so ANYthing can destroy them in 1 hit, instead of having higher hp. Then you have zombies that are positioned in ways to screw stealth players, in closets, or on the otherside of a obsticle so your forced to get closer to hit them. THEN we have the sleeper volumes that just wake up the second you walk in the room no matter how good your stealth is.

Stealth would be better if it was like fo4/76. There is 3 states: Hidden, Caution and Danger. In Hidden your completly hidden nothing has detected you, you get sneak attack bonuses. In caution status something has noticed your presence but they are not sure where you are so they are looking, In this state you can still get sneak attacks. Then Danger state, this is when the enemy has found you and "locked on" no sneak attack bonus. Its silly that when you wake up a zombie in anyway, even if it has no idea where you actually are that you lose sneak attack bonus entirely. It should only be lost if they actually seen you and are chasing you. This would fix stealth being broken, as you could say, throw a rock, or fire an arrow near a zombie to wake up, then when it comes out of cover, BOOM headshot for sneak attack bonus damage as it doesn't know where you are. The main reason people use stealth is for the sneak attack bonus, as the zombies are way to sensitive to sounds anyway, your not going to be sneaking by much of anything, nor would you want to, that zombie is exp, and a threat, but the fact if a zombie gets woken up in anyway you immedatly lose sneak attack bonus damage is the main problem with the current system.

The dungeon style poi's: These need to be removed if your going to insist on this garbage linear loot stuff you spewed out in a19. Nothings worse than clearing a t3 poi out only to find a chest full of nothing but stone weapons, or opening a safe to find the same.  The dungeion style poi's were great in a18 with its randomized loot, it was ALWAYS worth to loot everything at any GS, in A19, I skip many loot containers as its just not worth opening them at all due to knowing exactly what i'll get out of it, its a dumb way to play a game like this, and again its something the devs seem to wanna force on us. Put loot back how it was in a18, add the new items then for frigs sake leave it the hell alone as it was not broken in a18, the loot in a19 is the broken one, as it has sucked out almost all the fun of looting in the game.

I'd also  like to see more stuff added to the game options, like the ability to turn on/off digging zombies, or set it so only animals can dig, and turn on/off swimming zombies, those sort of options so we can play the game how WE like to. Just because the game has mods is no excuse to be lazy and not include the option as a default setting. Look at Ark survival evoled, there are so many sliders you can use to customize your game, we need something like that in 7dtd.

Every other Alpha since I first got the game in a9 or 10, i'd usually be playing experimental for 8+ hours a day for weeks, in A19? i've prob played less than 30 hours total since experimental as the game has just been ruined by the loot change, its taken all the fun I had out of the game for me and apparently for many others as most people on here seem to HATE the new loot system. Lets be honest with the lack of content the game has, fun looting was really all it had going for it currently, and that was taken away in a19.

TL:DR Devs, please stop trying to control/force us to play in a certain way in 7 days to die, its supposed to be a sandbox style game, but its quickly turning away from that due to all the restrictions that keep being put in.

14 hours ago, Dracula said:

These are two of my biggest complaints about the game; fixing this and adding option sliders would correct almost everything the game is lacking in.

You forgot fixing the loot back to a18, as the currently system in a19 is complete garbage and ruins the game pretty much.

5 minutes ago, Scyris said:

I mean people liked to make underground bases, not everyone cares for horde night, Nope can't have that. I built underground because everytime I try to build a base the SI system @%$*#!s me, and I end up putting 1 block to many and it collapses my entire damn base, if it was JUST the most recent block that dropped it'd be fine, but nope, has to take entire row, which then cascades and can take out the entire base other than the side walls.

Some people would swim on top of lakes to avoid the horde/for saftey at night... Nope not allowed to have that either, as zombies can swim now, and even more stupid THEY SWIM FASTER THAN THE PLAYER CAN what the @%$*#!?.

Some people like to build nice bases, Nope can't have that either now because the zombies know the best way to bring it down, so your forced to build a base that cheeses the AI if you don't want your base to get totaled. I haven't built a base in a while due to the SI system and the fact I can't make my underground home anymore. I usually fortify certain poi's.

Some people like stealth, but we can't have THAT either, what with the garbage/glass piles in front of the door and behind doors in the intended path in the silly dungeon style poi's, yes we can destroy them, but it'd be better if they had 1 block HP so ANYthing can destroy them in 1 hit, instead of having higher hp. Then you have zombies that are positioned in ways to screw stealth players, in closets, or on the otherside of a obsticle so your forced to get closer to hit them. THEN we have the sleeper volumes that just wake up the second you walk in the room no matter how good your stealth is.

I dont understand why these were even necesseary.

This is a damm sandbox game, everything is about freedom to do things as you wish. What will be the next?

People figure out how to reach all the dungeon chests so they now only open if you reached them in the intented path? Undestructable building elements so you cant just drill your way throught walls?

The sandbox part should be what we embrace, that freedom is soo rare in soo many games, its exciting and new (unless you played minecraft)!

We dont need any intented paths and markers, let the players go around the big factories and building following a random layout and not some dungeon map!

On 7/24/2020 at 5:14 PM, Dracula said:

I believe that at least 75% of the complaints people have about the game could be eliminated by giving people more options on how to customize their game world; for example:

0-100 value for zombie block damage

0-100 value for zombie entity damage

0-100 value for zombie vehicle damage

0-100 value for stamina depletion

0-100 value for hunger rate

Loot Spawn Preference Selector

Options for AI levels (mindless, digging, homing, etc.) instead of "difficulty=HP"

Selector for which zombies/animals spawn in

Adding these features would completely remove all complaints of "zombies are overpowered/underpowered," "zombies shouldn't be able to dig, etc.," "stamina depletes too fast," and so on.

It would lead to a LOT of fiddling early-on to see which configuration is optimal and it can always be adjusted to suit your needs and changed later in the game.

Except its not difficulty=hp, all entitys have the same hp across any difficulty, the diff is, the player gets bonuses damage, or the enemies take less damage from the players attacks based on difficulty. On warrior for example zombies hit the player 50% harder (10 dmg hit turns to 15 as example) and players attacks on entitys do around 13-15% less damage. Enemy hp does not go up or down, they just take more/less damage depending how easy/hard you have it set. Currently the default difficulty makes zombies only do 75% of their normal damage(10 dmg hit becomes 7.5) and the player gets a 25% damage bonus to zombies, not sure on exact numbers but its close to those, on Nomad its 100%/100% even.

2 minutes ago, Solomon said:

I dont understand why these were even necesseary.

This is a damm sandbox game, everything is about freedom to do things as you wish. What will be the next?

People figure out how to reach all the dungeon chests so they now only open if you reached them in the intented path? Undestructable building elements so you cant just drill your way throught walls?

The sandbox part should be what we embrace, that freedom is soo rare in soo many games, its exciting and new (unless you played minecraft)!

We dont need any intented paths and markers, let the players go around the big factories and building following a random layout and not some dungeon map!

This is exactly my point, and the loot system in a19 is yet another nail in the coffin for removing sandbox elements, as now loot is completly linear, no more can you open that car and get excited because you found a iron or steel tool on day 1 sure it'll be quality 1 but still, it felt good to get lucky like that. But NOPE thats not allowed either apparently. I HATE the looting in a19 so much I've barely played it, and I usually play each alpha for weeks for 6-8 hours a day, even the experimental builds, but I just cannot bring myself to bother with a19 with how the loot is, it took away all the fun of looting in the game for me, which stacks and compounds with the other anti-sandbox things the devs keep doing and forcing on us.

I mean if you wanna make a linear rpg, make a damn linear rpg as a new game, don't ruin the current one with this crap. People liked a16.4 so much because it was before they started to try to force you to play a certain way. LBD did need a tweak, like it needed to only be weapons/mining tools, with the perks setup like they are in a17-19, where say shotgun perk level determines what quality shotguns you can craft, but to get levels of the perk you have to use the items type to gain skill and get more fammlar with it 1, 20, 40, 60 , 80 skill for progression or something simmlar. I feel the stat system severely limits the game, even more so when they forced weapons to certain stats. If I wanna use bows I have to spec in agility which with how they keep screwing stealth builds just is no longer worth it anymore, and the base stats themselves need to do more than just add headshot damage.

Archived