Painting

CoraxKes

I know, I know. It's the apocalypse and having nice things isn't a priority. But...

I want pretty paint textures. Subway tile backsplash for my kitchen. NICE LOOKING wallpapers and carpets and tiles. Different colors of drywall than the creme and white. Maybe a shiplap wall texture. Maple or hickory hardwood. A few more granite textures for counters. Anybody got a good paint textures mod? Even just un-jankified versions of the current ones would be nice for newly-built bases. The oil shale would also be amazing as a paint texture.

Can I just please get a little HGTV up in this place?

I totally agree with you. That would be fabulous. I was a bit disappointed when I made paint to give my new place a fresh coat, only to discover that it would still look pretty rough. Surely adding extra textures to an already existing system can't be too hard and someone must have thought of this already. I know I'm not playing the sims but it would be lovely to make my zombie apocalypse home a little more cozy.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I would like some colors that are not chipped or like new since you are putting a fresh coat of paint on it.  I had to get creative with some of them to get the like new feel in some buildings (renovated POIs or just new built).  Just as an example:  If you want an interesting pattern for accent wall, try one of the paver textures.  I get trying to keep the feel of the game world intact and such.  But since we can just create something that does not fit with the backdrop anyway.  Why not just give a few like new versions of textures or maybe one we can adjust the color on before painting.  Or maybe find a schematic to get some of those unlocked.

15 hours ago, Lord Shakaka said:

Yea I would like some colors that are not chipped or like new since you are putting a fresh coat of paint on it.  I had to get creative with some of them to get the like new feel in some buildings (renovated POIs or just new built).  Just as an example:  If you want an interesting pattern for accent wall, try one of the paver textures.  I get trying to keep the feel of the game world intact and such.  But since we can just create something that does not fit with the backdrop anyway.  Why not just give a few like new versions of textures or maybe one we can adjust the color on before painting.  Or maybe find a schematic to get some of those unlocked.

Well, since the paint tools is in game, "we all" already ask it, a option RGB for color & to add a texture with a .png, but nothing since... So I believe we will never got it...

& it's right, why don't just give us all texture or learn by found a book?!

I like texture of ore shale/nitrate but can't use them...

But in consideration in paint.xml the max ID is 255 & there's a little mod to add 10 more texture, so total 185 (Sorry, I don't remember where to find it).

& a another thing, I don't know why but they remove the autofire with the paintool -_-"

Some textures should be off limits to paint.  Resources are a few that a player should not be able to paint because it will cause confusion to the player base and more bug reports that are not actually bugs.   So solid colors would be fine.  Limiting the textures to mitigate loading of world and server chucks also great and understandable.  I did not use the paint roller option because it would paint stuff not intended to be painted.  So I would do one at a time.

Archived