Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RyanX

RyanX

7 minutes ago, Teal said:

Play how you want and let others do the same. I can imagine a flashlight mod for your helm or weapon would be the simplest solution without the devs or server managers forcing something on everybody for the sake of the few.

You can only say that because that's the default setting.  The old "play how you want" is an argument that only assumes that the current setup is optimal.  How about we remove the cheese...then those who complain that it's not cheesy enough can listen to you say "if you don't like it, you don't have to play" because that's what the current settings are?  The point is that I CAN'T play how I want because everyone else is running around at max brightness, seeing things I can see even with a light on a realistic darkness setting, and night vision goggles are only a late game item, so by that time, the map is almost played out.  So to keep up, my brightness goes up and the immersion drops.

RyanX

RyanX

3 minutes ago, Teal said:

Play how you want and let others do the same. I can imagine a flashlight mod for your helm or weapon would be the simplest solution without the devs or server managers forcing something on everybody for the sake of the few.

You can only say that because that's the default setting.  The old "play how you want" is a silly argument that only assumes that the current setup is optimal.  How about we remove the cheese...then those who complain that it's not cheesy enough can listen to you say "if you don't like it, you don't have to play" because that's what the current settings are?  The point is that I CAN'T play how I want because everyone else is running around at max brightness, seeing things I can see even with a light on a realistic darkness setting, and night vision goggles are only a late game item, so by that time, the map is almost played out.  So to keep up, my brightness goes up and the immersion drops.

RyanX

RyanX

Just now, Teal said:

You can only say that because that's the default setting.  The old "play how you want" is a silly argument that only assumes that the current setup is optimal.  How about we remove the cheese...then those who complain that it's not cheesy enough can listen to you say "if you don't like it, you don't have to play" because that's what the current settings are?