B169 FPS lag

Mechlsd

9 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

somebody known when the new update comes?

iv lowered all grafix (nothing changes with the lags) ...i cant play it at the moment...its unplayable

started steam every day to see when update is there

iv tried to rollback..but steam doesnt allow me to do this..only a18.4 or a19 163

i hope they do it fast..i miss to play the game

Seems the last few Fridays have had an update, so here's hoping...

I personally found that those loading stutters only happen at first when you first load the game. After you move around a bit and load things in - it stops. It's annoying, sure - but if you can tough through the first few minutes and load it all in - it runs ok after that. 

*I'm playing using a Nitrogen map hosted on a server with the city size & counts maxed - so all the clients get a pretty good stall when they first load in and go towards a city. But once they've moved through the city for a few mins - it all smooths out and the hangs stop.

No it happens constantly as soon as you hit other chunks, sure if you stay in the same areas after the initial hitches it's fine. But I don't want the hitches no matter what. This is not a walking simulator, you can encounter deadly ex-humans and wolf/bears anytime, I don't want to drop at 10fps AT THAT MOMENT.

Have the same issue on my son's new PC.  Ryzen 5 3600, m.2 drive, rx580 8gig gpu, 16 gigs of ram.  Lowered textures and turned off graphic options, but still stutters almost to an unplayable point.  My own pc, i7-8700k, ssd, 1080ti, 16 gigs ram, I don't notice it much and haven't changed my graphic settings at all.  But I do notice a little stutter once in a while.

I have benchmarked both pc's and they are pretty even except for the fact that my gpu has 11 gigs of vram and his 8.  But he has a much better HD, cpu's are about equal.  There were no problems at all running on high settings on both pc's before the 169.

Just now, dan said:

Have the same issue on my son's new PC.  Ryzen 5 3600, m.2 drive, rx580 8gig gpu, 16 gigs of ram.  Lowered textures and turned off graphic options, but still stutters almost to an unplayable point.  My own pc, i7-8700k, ssd, 1080ti, 16 gigs ram, I don't notice it much and haven't changed my graphic settings at all.  But I do notice a little stutter once in a while.

I have benchmarked both pc's and they are pretty even except for the fact that my gpu has 11 gigs of vram and his 8.  But he has a much better HD, cpu's are about equal.  There were no problems at all running on high settings on both pc's before the 169.

Yep, clear performance regression. I don't know what they did.. and I'm guessing it's probably necessary for future updates but this makes me really worry about game optimization down the line.

2 minutes ago, BeatKitano said:

No it happens constantly as soon as you hit other chunks, sure if you stay in the same areas after the initial hitches it's fine. But I don't want the hitches no matter what. This is not a walking simulator, you can encounter deadly ex-humans and wolf/bears anytime, I don't want to drop at 10fps AT THAT MOMENT.

Oh - that's not happening to me, then. I only get those stalls like that in the first 5 or so mins of play. I just hop on my motorcycle and ride around real quick to a city and a trader and after that initial stutter fest - I don't get them anymore - no matter where I go.

I'm showing a steady drop of 15-20 frames outdoors driving through the forest on the minibike.  Inside at night i'm averaging about 70fps.  You can see my current setttings in the pics.  As for my system it's a brand new build:

-Ryzen 9 3900x

-32gb Trident Z Neo series 3600 Mhz

-Gigabyte x570 Ultra mobo

-WD Black SN750 1TB nvme M.2 SSD

-XFX RX 5700 XT Ultra THICC III 

-Windows 10 Home

Nothing is overclocked as of right now, but it was definitely running better before b169.

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

The issue, as I mentioned before, is (most likely) the "feature" they added "Normal entities load their prefabs and meshes on demand instead of during world load". If you got a high powered machine, you'll see less chop after the start because you may (probably) have your settings turned up, which loads a bunch of stuff around you, and thereby only showing the problem when moving at higher speeds and/or moving into POI dense areas. If you are running a lower end rig, your draw distance is (usually) set lower which means you get constant "on demand" loading of prefabs and assets causing your game to be an unplayable lag fest.

The simple truth is 7dtd wasn't built to have this feature from the start, and it needs to be perfected BEFORE being implemented, made optional in the settings, or abandoned all together; because it pushes the system requirements to a noticeably higher bracket.

I can also report this issue.

I run settings mostly high / ultra except for UMA at medium as this seems to tank FPS for some reason even before the update.

My frames are generally 60-80 but can tank as low as 10-20 for periods of time. I'm not entirely sure what the cause it but I noticed that looking at the sky makes them go back up. In one instance lowering terrain quality to low seemed to boost my frames but it didn't feel consistent still.

i9900k

32gb ram

Nvidia 2070
Samsung 830 SSD

An update for you guys.  Just tested this out in b172 on my min-spec PC, and though it did hitch twice for about 1 second, I can't say it was unexpected on this system.  It was a huge improvement over b169.

Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad

8GB DDR2 800MHz

GTX 770 2GB

1TB WD Black 7200rpm

5 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

An update for you guys.  Just tested this out in b172 on my min-spec PC, and though it did hitch twice for about 1 second, I can't say it was unexpected on this system.  It was a huge improvement over b169.

Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad

8GB DDR2 800MHz

GTX 770 2GB

1TB WD Black 7200rpm

omg omg omg...(iv used the google translator, but it was worst) ur words perhaps mean it will be run better????

every day i start steam to get an update

*sarcastic mode on*

BUT BUT BUT.....2 gb grafixcard??? which grafix settings u have? ultra+ - ultra - high- medium- normal - minecraft - potato?

*sarcastic mode off*

i hope on ultra+it gets better, because it loads a ton of data

- im destroying my head since days, to CHECK / UNDERSTAND why they changed such a thing, that runned perfect and now makes me crazy when i start the game..^^

but im good hope for it..."pc masterrace fanatic :D"

pcmaster.jpg

27 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

omg omg omg...(iv used the google translator, but it was worst) ur words perhaps mean it will be run better????

every day i start steam to get an update

*sarcastic mode on*

BUT BUT BUT.....2 gb grafixcard??? which grafix settings u have? ultra+ - ultra - high- medium- normal - minecraft - potato?

*sarcastic mode off*

i hope on ultra+it gets better, because it loads a ton of data

- im destroying my head since days, to CHECK / UNDERSTAND why they changed such a thing, that runned perfect and now makes me crazy when i start the game..^^

but im good hope for it..."pc masterrace fanatic :D"

pcmaster.jpg

Yes, I was getting 45FPS stable on that system. It dipped to 14 for a brief second twice entering a town, but was fine otherwise. This is a system where I was testing bloated vs streamlined. Details  on that test are on the Steam forum here.  I consider this a fairly large boon since this PC almost perfectly mimics the minimum specifications as listed in Steam.

3 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad

8GB DDR2 800MHz

GTX 770 2GB

1TB WD Black 7200rpm

Thanks for the info SylenThunder. Here's hoping that I get performance on par or better than before b169 dropped. :high5:

9 hours ago, Ripflex said:

We don't have posts our system specs, TFP did something wrong.  Build 153 Smooth as silk lots most vieo options on High, build 16x - b169 FPS just tanking with each b16x build... I'm confused.

No they didn't. They tried something and it did not work, so they are changing it again. It is called experimenting.

i made a video from it (for laughing)...we hope nxt days the new version gets better  (and REMEMBER last week was all perfect with the old version)

here my specs running the video...>visuality max screensize 3840*1080 (video is 4k)

u see good the start (before 8 sek, now 28sek) and then the drops

1-222.jpg

1-333.jpg

1-1111.jpg

4 hours ago, 14U2NV said:

That video above was my exact experience too. Super smooth b163 to a slideshow in b169. Hopefully TFP figured it out and SylenThunder saw some improved performance in his/her test, so fingers crossed

On b173 now and it's butter smooth on my main PC.  Haven't tested the min spec machine yet.

Archived