Same here, MacBook Pro 2018 with i7/16Gbs Ram/Radeon Pro X555 4Gbs. It was absolutely prefect in 17.x, it was playable (around 40 fps mid settings) in 18.x, now with 19.x it is barely playable with all settings "lowest" and resolution set to 1440x900 it stutters all the time and every move... It behaves so weird as if there is a constant lack of some resource if I stand still I get like 45-50 fps, but any move causes drops to 15-20, and a stutter lake a screen lag, sometimes it drops to 1-5 fps and that is annoying... Stopped playing just to keep my nerves in tact...

1 hour ago, Banana Fishbones said:

could it be something with the GPU?  I am not having any problems at all running ultra with a 5600 xt.  My daughter is on medium with a gtx 1660 and having all sorts of problems. 

Possibly a gpu issue, but my concern is that from the moment A19 Exp dropped it's ran perfect for me (probably the best performance I've had from an Alpha in quite a while) but this last b169 introduced serious stuttering and overall lag. I have a nVidia 950 GTX SC btw. Fingers still crossed for TFP to track down what changed and if its something that works great for some and not others then maybe have it as a "enable/disable" option.

Item 12 of the change log (Under "Changed") is most likely the culprit

• Normal entities load their prefabs and meshes on demand instead of during world load 

That's a LOT of stuff potentially loading as you move through the world. I'd much rather just have the world load like it did before. I'm not that impatient.

edit: Running Ryzen 7 1700, 32gb ddr4 ram, gtx 1060. Settings low to medium. As others have mentioned, the previous EXP did not have this issue. Hence why I think that this feature is the culprit.

Edited by roughgalaxy (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Poop 1
19 minutes ago, cammel said:

So far I have only seen nvidia cards listed with the problem machines.

Considering over 70% of users have Nvidia cards, this really isn't that surprising.

Also not everyone reporting the issue has provided hardware information.

I barely notice, but do notice, the loads, on a reasnably fast SSD, 24 GB ram, i7 8750 system.

For me the thing that got remarkably worse is the frame drops when I have a forge or campfire burning.

26 minutes ago, Tahaan said:

I barely notice, but do notice, the loads, on a reasnably fast SSD, 24 GB ram, i7 8750 system.

For me the thing that got remarkably worse is the frame drops when I have a forge or campfire burning.

Ok, well notably that is a laptop. What GPU do you have, and have you configured it for maximum performance when running 7 Days?

2 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Ok, well notably that is a laptop. What GPU do you have, and have you configured it for maximum performance when running 7 Days?

The GPU is a GTX 1060 Mobile.

Running Linux, and running the same config that I did with B163.  In the last or possibly last two builds of A18 the fps drop with forges and campfires were solved.  It came back with A19 b169, not before.

Yep, same here. Vega 56, SX8200 Pro, Linux. Stutters a lot.

Maybe their dev machine was fast and when they tried it they didn't feel any big performance issues. The change does lead to much faster server start, but by god it makes playing it difficult

I found Alpha 19 in general to run really bad. I couldn't play it for more than ten min before deciding to wait it out. I'm running a 9th gen I5 with 2x16 gb corsair dominator 3200MHz and a RTX 2060 Rog Strix. That and I'm not a fan of the loot changes so I didn't investigate much tbh. Hope BOTH get sorted out soon or I'm coming over there and it's knuckle rubs for everyone at TFP lol.

Jk of course, you guys will figure it out I'm sure.

Started a new game last night.

Some stuttering/pausing on load, but nothing major... until..

time to head to the trader. As I got to the town, fps dropped from 60 down to less than 1.

Stop moving, wait a few seconds... fps pops back up.  Move some more.. drops again..

Loading the prefabs, or saving new regions could be it.

This did NOT happen in 163.

(once everything has loaded, FPS is around 60 most of the time, standard drops for various areas)

• Like 1

Latest exp build also gave me performance issues until I dropped terrain quality all the way to low (other settings make little difference). Still hitching and jerking, but at least it doesn't drop frames into the single digits now.

Earlier A19 builds felt really smooth in this regard, but I was playing a pregen map with those, while I'm on a Nitrogen map now (although a pretty standard one). Just in case that makes a difference.

Windows 10

i7 8700 @ 3.20GHz

GTX 1080

16GB Ram

It's not the hardware, it's the build, I have monstrous lags with this build when one hour ago I was playing on the previous build without issues. I have an i7-8700K at 4.7 all cores, 1080ti and SSDs only. It's the build not our PCs. I stopped playing the previous build, Steam updated it and now it's unplayable. I have drops as low as 2 fps

• Like 2

Iam running

Ryzen 5 3600x

RX 5600 xt

16 gig ram

SSD

win 10 Pro x64

i have not overclocked it yet. still working out the system.

my settings are ultra with exception to water which i have set medium

everything seems to run fine.  Ran 120 fps with 18 and solid 80-90s with 19.   I didnt play any 19s before 169 so cant say for sure if it got worse but my daughters definitely did.  only time i drop frames is when someone logs into my game.  then it clears.  

she has an I5

gtx 1660

8 gig ram

ssd

win 10 x64 

I had this issue. specs are as follows;

EDIT: I am on a 4k monitor but am playing on 2k resolution, sorry

CPU: i7 8700k very mildly overclocked/water-cooled

RAM: GSkill Trident Z RGB 32GB@3200mhz

HDD: (install and save) Samsung 970 EVO M2 SSD (PREVIOUSLY ON A 5900rpm WD drive)

GPU: MSI 1080ti water-cooled

Monitor: 4k@60fps (settings for game were at ultra everything on ran smooth)

upon installing b169, which was originally on my 5900rpm sata HD, my fps tanked from smooth 60fps@4k to 1-5fps every time a zombie/chunk/LOD/cell...whatever loaded. I reinstalled the game to my SSD and turned all settings to high and it was pretty much the same. turning off god rays/sun shafts seemed to pretty much fix it for me though.

Not saying this is the solution OR the root cause of the problem, rather this is what worked for me and hopefully this adds to the pool of data to help TFP figure it out.

Edited by amtres
Correction (see edit history)

Same here. 
Loading a game now is much faster compared to last build. But then the first 10-30 seconds are unplayable when all chunks are loaded afterwards. 
Then it stabilizes until you enter a new region (with bike or move around a house corner with a wider area opening up). Then again stutters with 5-20 seconds. 

I would take a longer loading time on startup than having that big stuttering while playing. Maybe there is way to do have the best of both worlds.

I've still a mechanical HDD  where my games are installed (new one is on the way), but rest of the system should be more than enough (i5, 16 GB RAM and GTX 1080).

The rest runs still very smooth compared to A18 on 4k resolution and high-ultra settings. 

For me this latest update A169 dropped my fps asf before A169 update my game was sitting between medium to high with stable 60-70 plus Fps. But now Everything is on lowest even resolution and im not able to be on 20fps STABLE because of this update .... Pls Revert back A163 

PC

Graphic Gtx 1060 6GB 

Processor i5 8600K Overclocked to 4.5 Ghz

Ram 16GB 3200 Mhz

Edited by SylenThunder
inappropriate language (see edit history)

It's truly awful. Please whatever it is, it need fixing. I'd rather have average/lower fps than spikes of NOPE NO FPS out of nowhere.

My config is unbalanced atm (replacing most of it with newer parts, cpu is super old i7) but I'm loading the game from a SSD so I/O is not the issue, my gpu is a 2070 super with 8GB and it's not even full in game...

Edited by BeatKitano (see edit history)

somebody known when the new update comes?

iv lowered all grafix (nothing changes with the lags) ...i cant play it at the moment...its unplayable

started steam every day to see when update is there

iv tried to rollback..but steam doesnt allow me to do this..only a18.4 or a19 163

i hope they do it fast..i miss to play the game