B169 FPS lag

Mechlsd

I am now experiencing fps drops from 60 fps to 19 fps as I move into new areas every few seconds. I am guessing this is because it loading blocks in as I move around. 

Not had this at all in any of the previous alpha 19's 

Just letting devs know there is a problem.

FYI I have started a new world as I always do when there is an update. So not playing on and existing save.

Mech

With b169 the forest and burnt forest feel far better for me (stable 7x-8x FPS), but snow and wastelands it insta drops to 20 or below. Another thing is the game stutters when it's loading textures seemingly on demand or w/e from time to time (like 1s stutter then goes back to normal)

the fps drops WHEN the HDD loads... (an loads amount of data feeled every 10sek)

i must buy a SSD now for my game partition WHY UV CHANGED THIS??? its sooooooo unnecessary....

im little pissed now...why the game producers change things that woud be okay???? .....im frustated

37 minutes ago, Myth said:

With b169 the forest and burnt forest feel far better for me (stable 7x-8x FPS), but snow and wastelands it insta drops to 20 or below. Another thing is the game stutters when it's loading textures seemingly on demand or w/e from time to time (like 1s stutter then goes back to normal)

Yeah, I noticed this too when traveling across the map. It's especially bad in buildings too, just spinning around to look gives stutters while it loads "something". I had none of this stuttering or hitches prior to B169 so I'm hoping TFP revisits the changes they've made.

21 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

The HDD running to load chunks is kinda telling me you've run out of VRAM and you've run low on system RAM too... and then virtual memory kicks in as a last resort.
I might be wrong, but it sounds right knowing this...

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS CPU @ 4.00GHz (cores: 16)
RAM: 65470 MB  3200mhz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11048 MB)
Graphics API: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] (shader level 5.0)

HDD: 2TB ADATA SSD

There is no way it is a vram or ram problem. It is the constant loading and unloading of entities.

35 minutes ago, cammel said:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS CPU @ 4.00GHz (cores: 16)
RAM: 65470 MB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (11048 MB)
Graphics API: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] (shader level 5.0)

HDD: 1TB SSD

There is no way it is a vram or ram problem. It is the constant loading and unloading of entities.

I see.
Still though, I think this change faatal has made is the cause. Whatever code is monitoring your vram and ram may not be working as intended. As a result, someone with certain virtual memory settings will notice their HDD running to load chunks.

My FPS plummets in some outdoor areas even when I'm not moving into new areas of the map, or indeed doing anything but turning on the spot. It won't properly recover from this even when moving into a 'simple' scene.

Going into the display settings and changing literally anything at all makes it go back to a steady 60fps again, like my GTX 1080 has remembered what it's supposed to be doing. It either has Alzheimers or b169 is borked.

I would be curious to know hardware specifics for those having the issue.

For example.

CPU: AMD R9 3900X @ 4.00GHz (12 core, 24 thread)
RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Dual-Channel
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC

Save folder: SSHD's in RAID-0

Game client: Evo 860 m.2 SSD

Notes: My 1060 is OC'ed a bit over the stock OC. The SSHD's clock at almost the same speed as the Evo 850. 

All of these details are important.  If you have the game client on an SSD, but your save data is still on a platter, it will negatively affect the loading of world data. RAM speeds are important. So is whether your CPU is in a desktop or a laptop.

I'm seeing the same problem. I've been consistently getting 60 FPS on medium-high settings since A18 and through the last few weeks of A19. This most recent build is giving me frame drops to 10-15 and stuttering at intervals of 10-45 seconds.

I'd be happy to put my settings and specs up if fataal or any of ?TFP want to see them otherwise probably just enough to add my voice to the pile of those who started seeing this happen.

Curious if those with issues have gsync/free sync on? I had some issues with it on with b163 and b157 until I turned it off and now things seem smooth for me. Not sure if it’s related at all, but figure I would throw it out there in case it does help someone. 

16 hours ago, 7daysOfFun said:

the fps drops WHEN the HDD loads... (an loads amount of data feeled every 10sek)

i must buy a SSD now for my game partition WHY UV CHANGED THIS??? its sooooooo unnecessary....

im little pissed now...why the game producers change things that woud be okay???? .....im frustated

I am running on an SSD, it isn't much better, save your money and wait for them to revert back ;)

5 hours ago, bjurney said:

Curious if those with issues have gsync/free sync on? I had some issues with it on with b163 and b157 until I turned it off and now things seem smooth for me. Not sure if it’s related at all, but figure I would throw it out there in case it does help someone. 

No it is the "Normal entities load their prefabs and meshes on demand instead of during world load" 

Personally I am happy to wait for the game to load up, hell I have 32gb of DDR4 for a reason, but pausing for 3-5 seconds while moving around is just dumb tbh. How anyone thought this could be a good change is beyond me?

CPU:  i7 6800k
RAM: 64GB DDR4 3300MHz Dual-Channel  (I think its 3300, but the 64gb, oh yeah, that I gots)   :D
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB

Save folder: same

Game client: same.  only 1 drive for Linux itself.

... will update with the windows info later. (win7pro, win on SSD sata)

will move the game to the other SSD in windows. (is where FO4 is. the loading screens from hell with that thing)

dropping terrain settings down helped for me.

I'm having the issue as well, I have 32 gigs of ram 4 gigs of vram (1050ti) 3.4x ghz 8 core (AMD). I have an ssd for games and hdd for normal computer stuff. I think it's the loading of chunks in game vs all before hand (which I preferred). Reminds me of the issues with minecraft with my old computer when I entered a new chunk in that game.  Why did they do the change again? Were people complaining about load times?

i cant play the game anymore, iv got kill 4 times because hard fps lag

...i drive around with my BIKE !! fps drops to 1,59 !!!

why my motorbike 8,80fps...before i got +/-30/40

and theres nothing special in the map in this moment..see pic

i hope they change this

specs.amd 8370fx 16ram radeon xt 5700 oc rog full overclocked (in 157 was all fine, now its horrible)

u can test it yourself, driver around houses with a bike/motorbike then u see when its loads the map/fps drops (see pic i tested it)...or u FAST rush a house, before every door fps lags

the game before takes 30sek to load, when im IN GAME START(when i appear) its takes 3 sek to "afterload"

NOW 25sek to load, IN GAME 15-20 !!!!! sek to load and every move it take fps lags

666666666666666666666666.jpg

Yep, definitely getting frame drops / plenty of stutters when moving which weren't there on B163.
Running smoothly inside POIs but area transitions are problematic.

Hopefully TFP can solve the issue.

i5 760 @ 3.7 GHz
16 GB DDR3 ~1333 MHz
GTX 1060 6 GB
Game installed on a Kingston A400 SSD

Would've posted video settings but Attachments give me error 7 and "insert other media" --> "insert image from URL" seems to be non-functional. 🤔

Archived