Playing with the HUD.... Advanced Questions.

This may be too much for one post? After finally publishing my recent simple HUD mod that can be pushed through servers, there are more complex things I would like to try. I understand the more I fail, the closer I may be to what I want... I spend a lot of time testing/crashing the game, looking through the .xml files, studying other mods, and reading up on forums. I have never done .dll edits. There are several things I would like to see, and this is in simple terms:

1.) Display how many inventory slots are available

2.) Display the number of particular items I am carrying in my inventory (basically assist in knowing how much Iron did I just mine?) <if I can do this, I have plans. (played with workarounds, like creating a quest that requires me to "fetch" a ton of particular items... it's ugly. And trying to show ingredients list in a different format on the side.... ugh.)

3.) Display my gamestage and/or gamestage value used while in a party

4.) Make what I think is a control to click on a button to make a window hud will slide out with the information I put on it, so one can choose whether or not to view more details at a given time.

How is this for questions?! Thanks for any help, even if it is things like "post these questions over here like this." 😄

Archived