If TFP wanted natural progression might I suggest they bring back "spam crafting"

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Well, in your previous post you said "That is my real issue with the loot, not the fact it is crap, it's the wrong crap". And that is what I didn't believe. We could argue now what "real" issue means for any other issue, but lets just agree that you have a substantial issue with the stone age as well OR with the speed of advancement in the game.

If you played FOR and had a quality 3 AK and found a quality 4 AK with slightly more damage? Would you be happy with that or complain about not finding higher tier stuff? Well, the same step is if you have a q3 blunderbuss and find a q4 one.

I see (apart from the realism aspect) only the minor problem that stone tool scrap is nearly valueless and naturally that there are too few stone age weapons to have variety in the loot boxes.

Also there is nothing wrong if you only loot kitchens at first because the really valuable loot is there in the early game. Lots of people have complained that it doesn't matter anymore where they loot, now you can make an informed decision and loot residential buildings and kitchens first and switch to commericial buildings once the food problem is solved.

You see this is why YOU shouldn't jump to conclusions. Firstly upgraded stone tools don't do more damage afaik they just have increased durability.

Secondly it is not about progression, you really should actually read what I wrote rather than answering your interpretation of it. However for the sake of cl;arity, maybe watch one of my videos where I am well tooled up, iron tools, lvl 4 AK, etc etc and STILL getting crappy stone tools from pass n gas crates. It's just rubbish, it is poor design and lazy (if they can get it right with shamway and SM crates, why not PNG and WST?). It is not just unrealistic to get stone crap from those 2 suppliers it is wrong, I am sure someone from TFP will actually read this and agree, I know a lot of players do, but hey your opinion is more valid than most and I guess you get moderator status by just agreeing with everything as it is, you probably loved the 2-3 second pauses in the last build as well :D

Really valuable loot in the kitchen, lmao yeah ok, whatever :D glass jars and cans are OP.

I am fine with my progress, I am fine with almost all of the changes, I just find a few of the loot items stupid and exasperating, why is that so hard for you to grasp? Why do you have to say "my opinion is wrong" and give it all the L2P type replies? Again I say watch my channel, you will see I am a LOT better at this game than a good chunk of the youtubers out there without naming names!

And I am sorry you don't believe me but that is your issue to deal with, not mine. END OF SUBJECT!

On 7/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, meganoth said:

Nostalgia: Remember how good those old tv shows were? Think about an old tv show you liked and haven't seen in 10 years. Watch it again today and suddenly you see the plot holes and short cuts and it really isn't that great anymore.

Airwolf.. Still holds up 30 years later :)

28 minutes ago, Galifrey1965 said:

You see this is why YOU shouldn't jump to conclusions. Firstly upgraded stone tools don't do more damage afaik they just have increased durability.

Secondly it is not about progression, you really should actually read what I wrote rather than answering your interpretation of it. However for the sake of cl;arity, maybe watch one of my videos where I am well tooled up, iron tools, lvl 4 AK, etc etc and STILL getting crappy stone tools from pass n gas crates. It's just rubbish, it is poor design and lazy (if they can get it right with shamway and SM crates, why not PNG and WST?). It is not just unrealistic to get stone crap from those 2 suppliers it is wrong, I am sure someone from TFP will actually read this and agree, I know a lot of players do, but hey your opinion is more valid than most and I guess you get moderator status by just agreeing with everything as it is, you probably loved the 2-3 second pauses in the last build as well :D

Really valuable loot in the kitchen, lmao yeah ok, whatever :D glass jars and cans are OP.

I am fine with my progress, I am fine with almost all of the changes, I just find a few of the loot items stupid and exasperating, why is that so hard for you to grasp? Why do you have to say "my opinion is wrong" and give it all the L2P type replies? Again I say watch my channel, you will see I am a LOT better at this game than a good chunk of the youtubers out there without naming names!

And I am sorry you don't believe me but that is your issue to deal with, not mine. END OF SUBJECT!

I gotta agree thought im pretty sure at this point we are derailing the thread here.

For the sake of keeping this on the original trains of thoughts spamcrafting would be an excellent choice for the game now, just introduce it in the following way:

1. Experience is gainable from all actions what can naturally make you better in somekind of action, for example fighting, crafting the same tool, life experiences.
  2. Perks exist for all what doesnt make sense to be gainable from life experience such as crafting different tools, advanced fighting methods, high technology.
  3. Books and shematics are there for as a mixture of perks and experience, some unlock an experience line while others give you perks.

20 hours ago, Galifrey1965 said:

I mean what magically changes that pass'n'gas crates suddenly don't have stone tools (which I am pretty sure they would never ship in sealed crates ever anyway). The loot needs to better fit the poi, even if it is low level, wrenches, repair kits, a battery, a wheel, stuff like that in Pass'n'gas crates, 1 steel tool part in a working stiff crate, stuff that better fits and leave the stone tools to other places like garage storage etc.

This is a good point and I agree that crates should have loot that better aligns with the type of container that it is. Too bad you stuck it in the middle of a thread about LBD....lol. It’s not likely to be read by anyone at TFP. You should post this in the A19 thread—perhaps a bit less confrontationally and tag @madmole and @Gazz

1 hour ago, Galifrey1965 said:

From the xml:

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".1,.5" tier="2,6" tags="perkMiner69r"/> <!-- tier bonus -->
<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value=".1,.5" tier="2,6" tags="perkMiner69r"/> <!-- tier bonus -->

This means 10% more damage per quality setting. I just checked actually values in the game, this means a q1 stone axe has 6 melee and 21 block damage, a q6 has 9 melee and 32 block damage

I'm sure my opinion is not more valid and I loved everyone got 2-3 second pauses and I didn't 😆 .

The game has a finite amount of stuff it can distribute that a player would find valuable at any moment. If you always find fantastic loot instead of cans the game would be finished in at day 10 and some players would immediately call for "end-game-items" because they didn't understand that they rushed through the available content too fast (not saying you do, just that it happened before). There is also the problem that showering a player with valuable stuff blunts the effect of finding valuable stuff. So I can promise you you will continue to find useless stuff in most loot boxes, whether it is a can in the kitchen cupboard or a piece of cloth in a WS crate. But you will loot the kitchen cupboard anyway for the chance of a can of miso, because that IS valuable in the early game

I never said anything like L2P to you or anything about whether you are a good player. I know players in this forum who run rings around me. But that doesn't necessarily mean that those players like the stone age anymore than you do. Especially players who want a shooter and not a survival game often show a profound impatience about having to run around with a primitive bow. There is no question they could deal with the starting zombies barefisted as well. It doesn't mean they like it. But this is a survival game too, and the early game IS practically the survival part.

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

This is a good point and I agree that crates should have loot that better aligns with the type of container that it is. Too bad you stuck it in the middle of a thread about LBD....lol. It’s not likely to be read by anyone at TFP. You should post this in the A19 thread—perhaps a bit less confrontationally and tag @madmole and @Gazz

Thanks again Roland, good to see at least some people can recognise constructive feedback, it wasn't originally confrontational but meganoth took it upon himself to start calling me a liar so I just got a bit hacked off with him. He is still rambling on but as I said, subject is over for me now ;)

I have now added a tag to @madmole for the suggestion I had already put in the A19 thread.

Archived