Edit History

meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, Galifrey1965 said:

Oh so to you it is highly valuable loot then?

What part of "it's not that it's crap, it is the wrong crap" did you not understand? Let me put it another way then, just blanket sticking stone crap tools in every type of crate bar shamway is just lazy and whoever is allocating needs some imagination. Do tell me in a modern post apocalyptic world who ships stone tools? If you're gonna have a sealed shipping crate full of stone tools, why is it labeled "vehicle parts crate" (Probably why Mods like Darkness Falls and War3zuk are so popular as they don't just rely on starving a player of resources to make a game hard) I am sorry I don't think the game is perfect and that you think my feedback based on over 40 years of video gaming is worthless.... You also need to learn the difference between real (main) issue and only issue (singular).... 

I genuinely would not have any issue with looting a vehicle parts crate and finding one headlight, 1 mechanical part, 1 electrical part, some scrap iron etc even cloth!

I genuinely would have no issue with looting a working stiff tools crate and finding scrap iron, broken tools, brass, lead or other junk that fits the type.

I DO have issues with looting those crates and finding 3 different varieties of stone axe/shovel/spear as 1. Who would order that garbage? 2. why would they order multiple types and levels? The simple fact is that we have an extended "stone age" and boxes full of useless items for scrap because there is no end game and SOMEONE decided that the best way to slow players down was to give them garbage so they were excited if they found a lvl 1 pistol. TFP once said that the inventory size was there to make the player have to make choices of what to take, stone tools are not a choice, you just keep the best and scrap the rest, then scrap it all once you have a viable alternative.

So if you think that is all unbelievable, then I leave you to your thoughts, but my closing statement is this, If TFP want people to be genuinely excited about getting something decent, then they should at least consider putting something decent in some of the crates otherwise you may as well just loot the kitchens and end loot and skip the rest ;)

PS. Whoever did the shotgun messiah crates got those spot on as they almost always contain some sort of gun parts, I really don't think it is too much of a stretch to suggest WST and PNG crates have a similar content to that which they suggest ;)

Well, in your previous post you said "That is my real issue with the loot, not the fact it is crap, it's the wrong crap". And that is what I didn't believe. We could argue now what "real" issue means for any other issue, but lets just agree that you have a substantial issue with the stone age as well OR with the speed of advancement in the game.

If you played FOR and had a quality 3 AK and found a quality 4 AK with slightly more damage? Would you be happy with that or complain about not finding higher tier stuff? Well, the same step is if you have a q3 blunderbuss and find a q4 one.

I see (apart from the realism aspect) only the minor problem that stone tool scrap is nearly valueless and naturally that there are too few stone age weapons to have variety in the loot boxes.

Also there is nothing wrong if you only loot kitchens at first because the really valuable loot is there in the early game. Lots of people have complained that it doesn't matter anymore where they loot, now you can make an informed decision and loot residential buildings and kitchens first and switch to commericial buildings once the food problem is solved.

meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, Galifrey1965 said:

Oh so to you it is highly valuable loot then?

What part of "it's not that it's crap, it is the wrong crap" did you not understand? Let me put it another way then, just blanket sticking stone crap tools in every type of crate bar shamway is just lazy and whoever is allocating needs some imagination. Do tell me in a modern post apocalyptic world who ships stone tools? If you're gonna have a sealed shipping crate full of stone tools, why is it labeled "vehicle parts crate" (Probably why Mods like Darkness Falls and War3zuk are so popular as they don't just rely on starving a player of resources to make a game hard) I am sorry I don't think the game is perfect and that you think my feedback based on over 40 years of video gaming is worthless.... You also need to learn the difference between real (main) issue and only issue (singular).... 

I genuinely would not have any issue with looting a vehicle parts crate and finding one headlight, 1 mechanical part, 1 electrical part, some scrap iron etc even cloth!

I genuinely would have no issue with looting a working stiff tools crate and finding scrap iron, broken tools, brass, lead or other junk that fits the type.

I DO have issues with looting those crates and finding 3 different varieties of stone axe/shovel/spear as 1. Who would order that garbage? 2. why would they order multiple types and levels? The simple fact is that we have an extended "stone age" and boxes full of useless items for scrap because there is no end game and SOMEONE decided that the best way to slow players down was to give them garbage so they were excited if they found a lvl 1 pistol. TFP once said that the inventory size was there to make the player have to make choices of what to take, stone tools are not a choice, you just keep the best and scrap the rest, then scrap it all once you have a viable alternative.

So if you think that is all unbelievable, then I leave you to your thoughts, but my closing statement is this, If TFP want people to be genuinely excited about getting something decent, then they should at least consider putting something decent in some of the crates otherwise you may as well just loot the kitchens and end loot and skip the rest ;)

PS. Whoever did the shotgun messiah crates got those spot on as they almost always contain some sort of gun parts, I really don't think it is too much of a stretch to suggest WST and PNG crates have a similar content to that which they suggest ;)

Well, in your previous post you said "That is my real issue with the loot, not the fact it is crap, it's the wrong crap". And that is what I didn't believe. We could argue now what "real" issue means for any other issue, but lets just agree that you have a substantial issue with the stone age as well OR with the speed of advancement in the game.

If you played FOR and had a quality 3 AK and found a quality 4 AK with slightly more damage? Would you be happy with that or complain about not finding higher tier stuff? Well, the same step is if you have a q3 blunderbuss and find a q4 one.

I see (apart from the realism aspect) only the minor problem that stone tool scrap is nearly valueless and naturally that there are too few stone age weapons to have variety in the loot boxes. Also there is nothing wrong if you only loot kitchens at first because the really valuable loot is there in the early game. Lots of people have complained that it doesn't matter anymore, where they loot, now you can make an informed decision and loot residential buildings and kitchens first and switch to commericial buildings once the food problem is solved.