Blood moon spawner giving up? (Nitrogen map)

irongamer

Does the blood moon horde give up after a while now?  Is there a director like AI that decides not to spawn any more?  Is the total horde amount determined by game stage?  Can early game stages be cleared of zombies with 3 to 4 hours left of night?  I haven't had issues with smaller POIs or my own small base, they seem to be endless.  The horde appeared to have given up (stopped spawning) when I decided to hold up in the prison POI.  I am using Nitrogen with some mega cities.

When setting up the prison for the blood moon I knocked out the short ladders in each tower and knocked out the metal walkways out of the main cell building.  The blood moon started and I walked around the top of the wall clearing zombies that were attacking the wall.  After maybe 12 - 20 zombies they stopped arriving.   I figured they were stuck on another nearby POI so I ran around looking for them, nothing.  I visited a number of other POI and stood out in the middle of open ground, but nothing showed up.

Working as intended?  Do I just need to get to later game stage?  Or perhaps the zombies were spawning too far out and getting stuck on other POIs due to Nitrogen?

Bloodmoons do have a specific amount of zombies they will spawn, it is based o ngamestage.

Basically theres a pool of zombies for horde night and you get x spawned at one time, where x is the amoutn of zombies you set per player. Early game if you are actively fighting them you will run out somewhat quickly. As your gamestage progresses you'll get them for a longer time, but theres still a pool of zombies it takes from.

if you want to see if its finished spawning you can hit F1 and if you're the host of the game (or singleplayer) it will show lines of text in the console as zombies die and as zombies spawn.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:29 PM, myrkana said:

Bloodmoons do have a specific amount of zombies they will spawn, it is based o ngamestage.

Basically theres a pool of zombies for horde night and you get x spawned at one time, where x is the amoutn of zombies you set per player. Early game if you are actively fighting them you will run out somewhat quickly. As your gamestage progresses you'll get them for a longer time, but theres still a pool of zombies it takes from.

if you want to see if its finished spawning you can hit F1 and if you're the host of the game (or singleplayer) it will show lines of text in the console as zombies die and as zombies spawn.

Yeah, I've cleared horde nights in the past.  This just seemed so short, perhaps just the new low stage zombie counts.

1 minute ago, irongamer said:

Yeah, I've cleared horde nights in the past.  This just seemed so short, perhaps just the new low stage zombie counts.

Afaik nothing changed with horde night spawn mechanics as far as numbers of zombies. It's the same as it was in A18.

Archived