Static Trees, Please

ChillyGorilla81

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this, but I was wondering if it would be possible to include an option to make the trees static. I have a 9900KF, 2080 Super, 32GB ram, and running off of NVME. I still get crippling framerates in 1440p from upwards of 100fps down to 20-30fps, and when hosting a game the other day I hit 12fps. I have a suspicion that the number of trees in my render distance all swaying each branch is a major contributing factor. I came to this conclusion by planting trees in an area a little bit at a time and my framerates started dipping drastically seemingly in scale with the number of trees until it was unplayable. The framerates are something I stopped playing earlier builds because of, but I really do love the game so I came back for A19 experimental which is the build I did all of this on.

That was already in A18. It also depends on the kind of trees. Some are really bad to performance, others way less.

I assume it's not the waving, but the general rendering. It also seems not to be a cpu issue but for the gpu, and my 1070 is much weaker than your 2080S.

However i never had framerate drops because of this in free nature. It just occurred if i made plantages with ~30 trees or more next to each other.

My simple solution: Plant your farms out of sight, so not necessarily next to a city you still want to loot and above all not in sight of your base.

Archived