Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Try to remove from the compass everything that shouldn't be there and you'll see

Doesn't answer the question. I don't have any lag when looting so it would be hard for me to do that check.

But I am quite interested in knowing what it is as I make a HUD myself and when you make such a claim I am interested in knowing the details behind the claim so that I can investigate and make corrections if needed based upon your findings that lead you to conclude that is a reason for lag when looting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sirillion said:

Doesn't answer the question. I don't have any lag when looting so it would be hard for me to do that check.

But I am quite interested in knowing what it is as I make a HUD myself and when you make such a claim I am interested in knowing the details behind the claim so that I can investigate and make corrections if needed based upon your findings that lead you to conclude that is a reason for lag when looting.

I heard it in the last posts here

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CrazyAluminum said:

I heard it in the last posts here

 

Well, looking at that I can understand the concern he has but I think that is isolated to the use of the playerpreview texture in the code and the claim that putting information on the compass sides is not necessarily true.

 

You get that same error that he mentions by opening and closing the character window also which leads me to conclude that it is the use of that playerpreview texture. It can of course be any information from the character frame window controller but since the error has animator in its name and the preview is animated that's where I would put my money.

Any other information in that window should probably be ok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2020 at 4:10 AM, Riles said:

DOWNLOAD HERE! [Version 1.06 for A19.1] <--with game update, now includes 10 slots!

 

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_09_14_-_07_28_14_47.thumb.png.a7759c893a85104a9a41c987907d4c85.png

 

 

 

 

 

I like what you've done with this version! It feels better balanced and I quite like the XP/Level circle. I just put it on our server. Thanks!

Edited by fabulux
grammar and clarity (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 11:05 PM, Sirillion said:

Well, looking at that I can understand the concern he has but I think that is isolated to the use of the playerpreview texture in the code and the claim that putting information on the compass sides is not necessarily true.

 

You get that same error that he mentions by opening and closing the character window also which leads me to conclude that it is the use of that playerpreview texture. It can of course be any information from the character frame window controller but since the error has animator in its name and the preview is animated that's where I would put my money.

Any other information in that window should probably be ok.

I'm not competent enough to discuss why does it happen, but while using the fpsHUD i've noticed the lag spikes every time a container was opened (or more correctly when closed). Like you said that error appears every time a character window is opened or even when you press escape(while using a custom hud that uses playerpreview).

I've pinpointed the problem towards this part of the code being placed under the compass part of the HUD, since compared to statbar it stops rendering every time a container is opened and reappears when closed.


From my limited understanding this is a very 'hacky' way of rendering a window beyond the screen view for the sake of updating certain stats in realtime, unfortunately that window seems to throw errors every time it's rendered, and it seemed a bit problematic to close/render all the time.

 

I think that i didn't manage to state that placing anything else under compass side will create lag... So i'm not really sure why this post was even mentioned here. Especially since i personally use Riles-Hud as a base with few modifications from different projects posted on the forum and i never had any lag with it.

 

For the sake of 'inspiration' here's what i personally ended up with:

 

 

hudb.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sneakpeak said:

I'm not competent enough to discuss why does it happen, but while using the fpsHUD i've noticed the lag spikes every time a container was opened (or more correctly when closed). Like you said that error appears every time a character window is opened or even when you press escape(while using a custom hud that uses playerpreview).

I've pinpointed the problem towards this part of the code being placed under the compass part of the HUD, since compared to statbar it stops rendering every time a container is opened and reappears when closed.


From my limited understanding this is a very 'hacky' way of rendering a window beyond the screen view for the sake of updating certain stats in realtime, unfortunately that window seems to throw errors every time it's rendered, and it seemed a bit problematic to close/render all the time.

 

I think that i didn't manage to state that placing anything else under compass side will create lag... So i'm not really sure why this post was even mentioned here. Especially since i personally use Riles-Hud as a base with few modifications from different projects posted on the forum and i never had any lag with it.

 

For the sake of 'inspiration' here's what i personally ended up with:

 

 

hudb.jpg

Oh you didn’t state that, but CrazyAluminum did and it was to that claim I responded as I felt it needed correction.

 

I’ve experimented a bit with the use of code that requires playerPreview to be part of it on the hud but I’ve found it causes more issues than it is worth.

 

Just have a look at the character window when using it on the hud and you will see a very brightly lit character compared to the normal. So it brings a bit more issues than what is immediately evident and not worth using imho.

 

The reason it introduced that issue when being part of the compass is that the compass window group swaps with the paging and non paging headers when you open containers or go into UI panels and as such it calls that animator code every time it returns to the compass.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 7:11 AM, Snufkin said:

I love your HUD but I'm not a fan of the data displayed on the bottom right corner. Would you be ok if I revert it to the 1.05 layout?

Sorry for my delay! I am ok if you modify my hud for your own use. There are millions of ways to customize how things look, so I acknowledge there is not a 1 size fits all HUD. I have it placed in the bottom corner in case for those that stream, video record, or use overlay apps like Discord in the top left. And I'm sure for 1.07, I will have moved some of the info again! lol. 

On 9/21/2020 at 7:15 AM, Danzo said:

Two character models in one. Still not fixed. Version 1.06.
1.png

I see it now. It didn't always occur on my own screen so I was confused. But I believe the issue is related to the issues being discussed on this forum right now, so I will further explore. Thanks for responding!

On 9/23/2020 at 11:49 PM, Sirillion said:

Oh you didn’t state that, but CrazyAluminum did and it was to that claim I responded as I felt it needed correction.

 

I’ve experimented a bit with the use of code that requires playerPreview to be part of it on the hud but I’ve found it causes more issues than it is worth.

 

Just have a look at the character window when using it on the hud and you will see a very brightly lit character compared to the normal. So it brings a bit more issues than what is immediately evident and not worth using imho.

 

The reason it introduced that issue when being part of the compass is that the compass window group swaps with the paging and non paging headers when you open containers or go into UI panels and as such it calls that animator code every time it returns to the compass.

I am starting to see these issues more clearly, and yes causes problems in multiplayer servers, especially when there are multiple players at a time. Are there other workarounds found for getting the information we want to display on the HUD that including the player Preview? I think it is also the reason why in laggy situations, you will find two models if your character in character preview.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Riles, thanks for great mod!

I really liked versions 1.03-1.05. May be it possible to adapt it to the current version of the game as an optional hud?

There is a lack of display of the maximum level of xp, food and water 😟

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, azz said:

lack of display of the maximum level of xp, food and water

Yo! I will probably make an optional one that does show that information. The problem is, when that information is enabled, there is a harder pull on performance. In a server sense, that is bad. I did like having that additional information as well, but that was why it was removed in this version. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Riles said:

Yo! I will probably make an optional one that does show that information. The problem is, when that information is enabled, there is a harder pull on performance. In a server sense, that is bad. I did like having that additional information as well, but that was why it was removed in this version. 

The only "CharacterFrameWindow workaround" we use to display playerxptonextlevel this is the cause of all the trouble. Even in SP it causes horrible freezes while you looting/opening inventory, not only on the server

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

20201107154333_1.thumb.jpg.1eec61021ee69cfb7937b28fb97c2fcc.jpg20201107154333_1.thumb.jpg.1eec61021ee69cfb7937b28fb97c2fcc.jpg

 

Your HUD is one of the best I have seen.  It had some information that I didn't find useful so I made a few adjustments.  I didn't really know what I was doing and it was mostly cut and paste trial and error but all in all I think it came out alright.  Still some tweaking to do though on positions but I'll get there.

 

I have a question : Is there any way to only display the Hoard on RED note when it's red?  I would like it not be there until hoard night if at all possible.

 

Thanks for a great HUD mod!

 

-Mike

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 2:54 PM, UncleMikeE said:

: Is there any way to only display the Hoard on RED note when it's red? 

Thanks for using my mod! Also, I'm not really sure, unless you can "change the color to transparent" on the other days? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, rcgrandmasters said:

How can I add more space on the belt, for example, instead of 10 having 12 spaces.

 

Hello!

 

I unfortunately do not know how to make that work. I can make it to where "12" spaces appear but they will not function unless you edit .dll files. I recommend posting your question under the forum topic of "how to" with mods. Sorry I couldn't be more help! .dll editing is way outside my territory.

 

Riles

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Dark_Shadow_231 said:

7D2D mod launcher

I have never used that. Maybe? It is something I would need to do some research on I bet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...